Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

150 SQ and I got the fucker with a lot of useless trash. :cool:

Please level up Merlin's skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So how's the estimate on how long we have to farm these fucks before everyone playing burns them into the ground?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Kitfox88 posted:

So how's the estimate on how long we have to farm these fucks before everyone playing burns them into the ground?

Barbie is going down extremely fast. The others aren't going to be bullied this hard, I'd wager.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
at least I have 4 kaleidoscopes :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would apple EXTREMELY hard for Barbatos while he's alive today, then you can probably slow down for the others as people spread out for the pillars they need mats from.

Barbatos is dead meat by evening though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly he probably won't make it to noon. Apple hard while you can.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

When is next heart node? Da Vinci and counterfeits had a decent one, so the rerun? (Is that getting a rerun?)

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Omobono posted:

When is next heart node? Da Vinci and counterfeits had a decent one, so the rerun? (Is that getting a rerun?)

Moon Goddess rerun has the next heart node, I think, though I don't know if it's a particularly good one. Da Vinci gets a rerun, but unless they move it way ahead in the schedule it's not happening until around January 2020.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Technically I think Shinjuku adds a permanent free quest that can drop hearts but it's not going to have a rate anywhere close to as good as Da Vinci.

Honestly Barbatos' heart drop rate is kind of rear end too, but at least you get a shitton of QP and a mix of other decent stuff like pages/gears/gems.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
110 rolls with Karna but no Merlin.

Bought 76 SQ cause I need paid SQ later for guaranteed SSR thing anyways.

First 10-roll with the free Quartz got me Merlin.

It's just like how I got Summer BB and Cuzerker in JP almost immediately after spending money.

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
450 quartz. Got a second K-scope, Rama 3, Liz 3, Medusa Lancer 2, Anne+Mary 2, and finally Merlin. I'm done.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
800 SQ and 170 tickets were sacrificed to insatiable maw of gacha. After 700 SQ and all tickets spent with nothing to show for it, I got Enkidu, Jack and Merlin in my last 3 ten-rolls.

I, uh.... I take it.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Protip: if your support list is set to filter out servants without an event bonus, you won't see anyone with a bond level below 5. If you're wondering why you can't find any support Merlins, this is why.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Five ten-rolls got me Medusa Lily and Stheno, opened my wallet and got Merlin on the very next roll. With the remaining quartz, I rolled for Gorgon and got her in a couple of tries. So now I have Merlin and a full snek sisters set, and enough paid quartz left for New Year's.

I've given zero thought whatsoever to what happens after that.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Got Merlin in one ten-roll. I have no embers for him so he's currently level 3 from shoving Hero Crystals down his gullet but I'm pretty happy anyway.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Really wish they didn't show the full intro and death animations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
270 Quartz got me Nursery Rhyme (at NP2 no less), a second Waver, a third 2030, Saberlot, and that flowery jerk mage.

I hope Grandpa Hassan forgives me for blowing my quartz savings like that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
WHERE ARE MY loving PAGES BARBATOS *slaps Demon God Pillar* stop dropping gems you fucker, where are my pages

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

This is my current 1-turn kill team. Support switches between Kintoki and Sanzang depending on friends list availability. Scathach wasn't cutting it, but that wasn't unexpected. I had an Arash 2-turn team as a backup, but since I got Merlin, I'm going with this.

Using OG Martha puts a smile on my face. She was my guaranteed 4* in the tutorial gacha and I'm really glad that she's so vital for me in the final singularity.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
"OK, is today going the day when I finally break down and whale?"

1st 10-roll: Castergil spook.
2nd 10-roll: Merlin.

OK game. I'm really, REALLY starting to wonder if I unknowingly have some rng hack installed.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i didn't get anything off the free quartz. what a load of bologna

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yuu, I don't know if you're a goon or reading this thread, but if so, thanks for apparently being my only friend on my list who has a maxed Kintoki with a good damage CE on. You're good people.

EDIT: Welp, farmed Barb about 30 times, I have a feeling when I get home from work he'll be dead, considering in the 2 hours or so I was at it the total went from 500k to 700k.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 21, 2018

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
1 10 roll since saving rest for Musashi : Astolfo (first)

At least something new. Not sure I'll ever use him due to Medusa and Drake being in my box already but heh.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
My current one-turn setup involves Bond 10 Herc with Sumo CE, Ozy with Golden Carp CE, support Merlin with Ox-King CE, and Helena with a second Ox-King CE, while wearing the Battle Suit. Ozy pops Charisma and party-wide NP charge, then gets swapped out for Helena who does her party-wide NP charge and Buster/Arts/Quick buff, Merlin's Charisma/NP Charge buff and Buster Buff, and then all of Herc's buffs and the Attack Up buff from the Battle Suit. Provided that I get a least a couple of Herc's cards in my initial draw, and don't get hit with the Buster Down debuff, I can usually one-shot the boss with an NP Brave Chain, with the 20 Crit Stars as a backup in case I only get one of Herc's cards. Even if I can't one shot him, he usually goes down before the Ox-King CEs expire.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

My current one-turn setup involves Bond 10 Herc with Sumo CE, Ozy with Golden Carp CE, support Merlin with Ox-King CE, and Helena with a second Ox-King CE, while wearing the Battle Suit. Ozy pops Charisma and party-wide NP charge, then gets swapped out for Helena who does her party-wide NP charge and Buster/Arts/Quick buff, Merlin's Charisma/NP Charge buff and Buster Buff, and then all of Herc's buffs and the Attack Up buff from the Battle Suit. Provided that I get a least a couple of Herc's cards in my initial draw, and don't get hit with the Buster Down debuff, I can usually one-shot the boss with an NP Brave Chain, with the 20 Crit Stars as a backup in case I only get one of Herc's cards. Even if I can't one shot him, he usually goes down before the Ox-King CEs expire.

Swapping Helena out for Shakespeare should push your one-turn damage up quite a bit, especially if you get the Buster debuff. Also Holy Night Supper will probably do slightly more than Sumo, if you have it leveled the same?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I spent 20 tickets and it was a strange ride. Got spooked with a Caster Gil. Lancer Vlad greeted me. NP3 Stheno, and Fionn fish man. But the important part is I got NP2 Merlin. :vince: (My luck is gone, isn't it?)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
510 SQ and 10 tickets finally got me Merlin. I didn't even get another 5* servant.

Back to bullying Barbatos. I've got it down to 2-3 turns.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Holy cow is Jalter / support Merlin stupid. Yes 300k buster crits are sensible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hah.

Barbatos is at 856K deaths and every other Pillar has yet to be killed 35k times.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My 1-turn kill team, capable of killing even with Buster Down. Herc NP deals from 690k to 900k.

Sometimes I don't even need to switch to my Merlin if I can Brave Chain with Berserker.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im assuming you guys are all rolling double merlin cause it takes me 9ish turns just for Robin to YEW BOW it to death

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

:allears:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I wish Barbatos didn’t sound like he’s struggling to get out a particularly big poo poo when he dies.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

im assuming you guys are all rolling double merlin cause it takes me 9ish turns just for Robin to YEW BOW it to death

Merlin nothing, Nursery + Hans + Ozy->Waver and laugh as Nursery casually drops 200k crits on that poor pillar.

I'm getting gently caress all for drops though unfortunately.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
couple of tickets brought merlin home thankfully because all of my quartz is being reserved for Hassan.

What CE are good to use with merlin exactly?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Merlin nothing, Nursery + Hans + Ozy->Waver and laugh as Nursery casually drops 200k crits on that poor pillar.

I'm getting gently caress all for drops though unfortunately.

I don't have Ozzy but I do have Nursery! Maybe I can replace Ozboy with Tamamo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

My 1-turn kill team, capable of killing even with Buster Down. Herc NP deals from 690k to 900k.

Sometimes I don't even need to switch to my Merlin if I can Brave Chain with Berserker.

I see you are also using Sissel’s Merlin

Pretty simple, dump all Merlín and Nero buffs on Kintoki then NP

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

I see you are also using Sissel’s Merlin

Pretty simple, dump all Merlín and Nero buffs on Kintoki then NP

I just use any Merlin, to be honest, as long as they're mostly skilled.

If you're running Kintoki couldn't you run like Black Grail or whatever since the charge is sorta meaningless?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don’t even need to farm this guy I already had all the materials I needed immediately ready, but I guess it’s nice to able to replenish them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Herc + Nightingale + support Merlin + swap-in Waver w/ good CEs is my one-turn setup. Sometimes takes two turns if I get no brave chain and/or bad star distribution.

No luck on rolling Merlin w/ 200 SQ, basically nothing but 4* CEs at best. Debating on trying further or waiting for Musashi and Hassan.