Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Target has been hit, I repeat Target has been hit. The bomb has been detonated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Shocking for the series to shift to being about Sano and Mana after the main couple abruptly explodes. Maybe the hiatus was just arguments with the editors

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Here lies Toda-kun, death by spontaneous combustion.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Allahu ackbar.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At least Aya has more balls than Toda.

This basically should make Toda confident that Aya is interested in him, right? Before he wasn't totally sure.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that boy just got took up by the root

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Man, if that's his reaction to her asking him out, I really want to see the reaction to the telepathy reveal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Drunk Theory posted:

Man, if that's his reaction to her asking him out, I really want to see the reaction to the telepathy reveal.

:screaming loudly internally:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

This basically should make Toda confident that Aya is interested in him, right?

yes I'm pretty sure the gibbets that remain of Toda's mind have pieced together the implications of her asking him out

Drunk Theory posted:

just imagine, like, the coldest sweat

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Drunk Theory posted:

I'm guessing "actual real-world non-imagined facial expression of shock and terror when he realizes she's been able to hear/see his fantasies this whole time".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now that's what I call...mind blown :c00l:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Here lies Toda-kun, death by spontaneous combustion.

Poor Toda-Kun, thought about a date, and died.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

DrSunshine posted:

Poor Toda-Kun, thought about a date, and died.

“I must not date. Date is the mind-killer. Date is the little-death that brings total obliteration."

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I laughed so hard, I couldn't get the necessary air to make the sound of laughter. Your mod is dead. Congratulations.

Beato Believer posted:

“I must not date. Date is the mind-killer. Date is the little-death that brings total obliteration."
Thank you for this :mmmhmm:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Beato Believer posted:

"I will face my date. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the date has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

:smith: it me

RagnarIV
Jul 23, 2013

Man in Pink Armor
Oh no, Toda heard about "リア充爆発しろ/blow up, normies" and thought it was an imperative...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

we're in the home stretch, boys

it's the final volume, you know what that means. no more obfuscated, obtuse excuses to delay the romance!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Toda has achieved tree status

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

shes dead

shes loving dead

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm my AV right now, going EEEEEEEE.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That sideways glance was a critical hit for Nanako, with or without the telepathy.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Backbone status: GROWN

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
how can one character have so many good faces

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i would honestly be surprised if there isn't a scene where toda asks if she can read his thoughts, and she admits it through her body language.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

OVO

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i would honestly be surprised if there isn't a scene where toda asks if she can read his thoughts, and she admits it through her body language.

Sooner or later he's going to notice her suddenly staring at him with a weird face every time he thinks something remotely shocking about her.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think Toda is ever going to find out about the telepathy tbh

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I for one would be very disappointed if the ending of this manga isn't Toda finding out about her telepathy and the first emotion he ever shows on his face is sheer terror when he realises what she knows.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
He actually just gives the gentlest, sweetest smile and says "That's great! I love that!! And I love you." :shobon:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Are ... we reading the same manga?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's going to end like "What? You were reading my thoughts all this time? Did you manipulate me knowing what I would say?" and then they break up. The end.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

gmq posted:

It's going to end like "What? You were reading my thoughts all this time? Did you manipulate me knowing what I would say?" and then they break up. The end.

Then Nanako joins the Elite military group Fox-Hound.

I wonder if Toda likes Suikoden.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I want there to be a mind reading reveal, and afterward he goes home to go to bed, and just before he falls asleep it suddenly clicks for him what that means and his reaction is the image the series closes on.

Edit: Even better if she can hear his thoughts from her house when it falls into place.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Xinder posted:

how can one character have so many good faces

Toda is pretty cool yeah :geno:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The telepathy reveal will happen and the next chapter will be toda doing the old lady math meme faces

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Teenage boy on first date?
Yah, that script sounds correct.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out