Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Quoted so Vertisce and the other morons are less likely to miss it.

Edit: tax

Bofast fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tsar Mikey posted:

Even though Ben isn't on Around The Verse anymore, he's still sitting around the verse.

All four working Offices are Ben's.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Hav posted:

No, they just eliminated the position. They were fine with everything else.

:holymoley:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hav posted:

Smiley and BSD Bracing.

Yeah, what about them apples.

I already had puke in my mouth from this exchange and now I've gone and looked at the roadmap and :barf:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bofast posted:

I can't wait for a smarmy shitizen redditor to wax pedantic about the definition of "yacht" for 30,000 words.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The backer distress brought me lovely Christmas cheer! Good times

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Speaking of early access disasters I can't believe Bohemia had the nerve to raise the price on DayZ when they shoved that broken trash out the door and called it a day.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Snoot Citizer:?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1076144247118749699

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Waiting for FailureToReport
22 December 2018 at 08:00

this better not be some meta humour

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i didn't even notice chat is already going well

Amir M​ Wow ! so your complain is why this game is not like a world of warcraft poo poo show ? go buy pets , its 60% off
Amir M ​and call it a profit while blizzard is falling , atleast they will take your pocket with them
ID_Avalon​ yea that is exactly my complaint ^^ you said it
Amir M ​i can tell you this
Amir M ​when a doctor was talking how harmfull smoking could be to your heart , someone asked WHAT IS HEART MAN ? the doctor said , you can smoke .
Amir M ​so you can keep hating mate

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bofast posted:

post it to refunds or their stupid /r/totallylaughingandnotsupermadaboutgoons sub, post it everywhere, my goon valor is a slut

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EvilMerlin posted:

Yeah for now, that's all anyone knows.

We were told 10% and 46 something million dollars for that investment to be used for marketing/advertising.

Don't see how this is a bad thing at all.

Don't worry, once the next 10% chunk gets sold you'll also be informed, someday.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

The forever battle begins

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Don't worry, once the next 10% chunk gets sold you'll also be informed, someday.

Can you find anywhere where Chris said definitely that this will be the only investor?

I mean, definitely.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

Can you find anywhere where Chris said definitely that this will be the only investor?

I mean, definitely.

For all we know they have already sold the rest of the company. I mean, they have done it before, they could do it again. No dignity.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

post it to refunds or their stupid /r/totallylaughingandnotsupermadaboutgoons sub, post it everywhere, my goon valor is a slut

For god sakes man, I moderate that subreddit.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

hot balls man no homo posted:

Yes, but Keith knows not the Warlord. For his dander is up, and He believes that He is Onto Something. The Lamentations of their women will not be enough, and He has already invoked the dread Federal Trade Commission during The Holidays.

Legal has been notified.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Would anybody like to remind Marlon of things he was told by CIG that didn't turn out to be true.

That should get us to page 6000 in no time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he's walking into the post office a federal building as we speak.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hav posted:

Yes, but Keith knows not the Warlord. For his dander is up, and He believes that He is Onto Something. The Lamentations of their women will not be enough, and He has already invoked the dread Federal Trade Commission during The Holidays.

Legal has been notified.

I look forward to the 2019 July Blog!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

For all we know they have already sold the rest of the company. I mean, they have done it before, they could do it again. No dignity.

Well, they could be in talks. I'm struck by the 'Investment factsheet'.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-investment-fact-sheet

Apart from Chris Roberts quoting Chris Roberts;

It reads like an elevator pitch.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

The way he attributed this quote while also having a "said Chris Roberts" in the middle immediately made me think of the Scott Walker "Both administrations - same powers" Venn diagram.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Counterpoint: It was a dick move AND they needed money.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Don't you back out on me now, you cowards. You can afford more fuel for this. It's Christmas, didn't you save anything?

Come on, that Hammerhead looks really fun. People will want to be your friend if you have one of those. You'll be part of the badass squad, and you don't want to get left behind with the people with the Mustangs.

He made a promise to you, a pledge, so don't go all flippy floppy and pledge harder you pussies.

They got the equivalent of one year's burn rate for marketing; they need you to keep pledging. Keep pledging to keep this damned dream alive. Just keep throwing in money, don't worry about it, you're going to have the time of your life.

Melvin, I'm expecting at least another five hundo from you; MoMa, you're probably a lost cause, but it's time to buy BACK IN. I need you guys to keep this thing going for at least two more years, and you can do it. You've got the disposable income.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Counterpoint: It was a dick move AND they needed money.

:hmmyes:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

Don't you back out on me now, you cowards. You can afford more fuel for this. It's Christmas, didn't you save anything?

Come on, that Hammerhead looks really fun. People will want to be your friend if you have one of those. You'll be part of the badass squad, and you don't want to get left behind with the people with the Mustangs.

He made a promise to you, a pledge, so don't go all flippy floppy and pledge harder you pussies.

They got the equivalent of one year's burn rate for marketing; they need you to keep pledging. Keep pledging to keep this damned dream alive. Just keep throwing in money, don't worry about it, you're going to have the time of your life.

Melvin, I'm expecting at least another five hundo from you; MoMa, you're probably a lost cause, but it's time to buy BACK IN. I need you guys to keep this thing going for at least two more years, and you can do it. You've got the disposable income.

Sarsapariller has it covered mon.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

Haha are you making GBS threads me? He really said that? The self-awareness on this man is astounding.

from
https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/20/star-citizen-interview-why-chris-roberts-raised-another-46-million-to-finish-sci-fi-universe/3/

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
huh looking back

TheAgent posted:

turbulent just started hiring more people like they are about to raid molten core or something

they haven't been hiring for star citizen for around six months or so
that was july this year, right after the funding hit

turbulent was dead silent on new hires for SC before that

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

huh looking back

that was july this year, right after the funding hit

turbulent was dead silent on new hires for SC before that

Who does the marketing stuff mostly? Turbs?

Edit: 10% of every pledge from this point forward belongs to an outside investor.

lol.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

post it to refunds

:hmmyes:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hot balls man no homo posted:

Crimson Haze

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
we also had a streamer marketing push earlier this quarter

TheAgent posted:

they are gifting the gently caress outta ships right now lol

seriously just say you have a youtube account with a few subs and you can get a few k of ships to unload if you'd like
thats from September, the start of a lot more big name streamers showcasing star citizen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

we also had a streamer marketing push earlier this quarter

thats from September, the start of a lot more big name streamers showcasing star citizen

Well, that money is earmarked for publicity, nein?

Now they only need an investor that stipulates that their money be used on delivering a good game in a timely fashion and we're golden

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Who does the marketing stuff mostly? Turbs?
correct

we talked about them before, but the entire money making scheme is built off technology and ideas that turbulent themselves created (again, sorry Sandi)

they are also supposed to be getting paid out some serious cash, like a dozen percentage points or more due to their HEAP C3 platform getting so much money in for CIG, but that's just rumor. you'd think though, that the company that created the software where 80% of your revenue comes from can make some pretty goddamn big asks

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

he's walking into the post office a federal building as we speak.

#nofear

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1076163231046135808

Yachtzee!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hav posted:

Edit: 10% of every pledge from this point forward belongs to an outside investor.

lol.

That's ok, Chris will just increase all the prices by 15% and he is already better off from this move.

Chris is a master scummy oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Well, that money is earmarked for publicity, nein?

Now they only need an investor that stipulates that their money be used on delivering a good game in a timely fashion and we're golden
yeap! honestly backers have no idea how much all this stuff costs. like some streamers are charging $3 to $5k an hour, with a minimum block of four to six hours

you can also get around disclosing you are being paid by CIG by getting a ton of ships gifted to an account, which are then brokered and bought back by 3rd parties. I mean, not that the totally honest video game company CIG would ever, ever do something like that or like promise jobs to certain people only to string them along for years just to get them to say nice stuff about the company

never! not them