Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Y'all.

You gotta listen to Abbaccio's theme right this second, with headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y1zQ7Nv0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BaDandy posted:

Y'all.

You gotta listen to Abbaccio's theme right this second, with headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y1zQ7Nv0g

gently caress

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Man, anime-only folks are gonna be real fuckin confused about Fugo's theme until maybe next Friday.

edit: Being hit with the realization that the main theme isn't just Giorno's theme, it's everyone's because they're a team and they all use bits from the main theme in some way (except for Fugo, I think??) and it's got me feeling some type of way.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 19, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r34t1AI8zgY

How do these themes keep getting BETTER can you imagine JOLYNE'S?

At last I can stop watching the video of Shaggy beating up a gang of bikers that's been dubbed over with the end of the Black Sabbath fight.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Anti-dog and anti-vehicle is Araki's whole philosophy.

My favourite JJBA trivia is forever "over the course of Joseph's life, he's involved in 4 separate plane crashes"

that we know of

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

curious when/if the new jojolion chapter will come out

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

curious when/if the new jojolion chapter will come out
Really soon, it's just about ready

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1075253385224486912

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yasuho was not ready for today.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This chapter was a nice chapter but then the urethra bit happened and it's like nah let's forget this fight
and then the sail boy came and killed him

thank sail

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This chapter was a nice chapter but then the urethra bit happened and it's like nah let's forget this fight
and then the sail boy came and killed him

thank sail

Yeah that urethra comment was a loving record scratch moment just as I thought maybe it would be a little less gross. :(

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Tomoki is so hosed up, I miss having really freaky bad guys like this, feels like forever since we had one even though I know it was only a few Stand fights ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"i can go into your urethra, i can go into your urethra!!", i continue to insist as i slowly disintegrate and transform into a rokakaka

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/jojos-bizarre-adventure-last-survivor-announced-for-arcades

Legit Jojo Battle Royale

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I guess fuckboy from last chapter is an ally.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Goodbye, Tomoko. You were hosed up and so was your stand.

Guess the other ambulance dude was the one folding the wheel chair, then, I suppose? Unless Araki forgot in the space of five chapters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Goodbye, Tomoko. You were hosed up and so was your stand.

Guess the other ambulance dude was the one folding the wheel chair, then, I suppose? Unless Araki forgot in the space of five chapters.

I thought the wheelchair being folded up was Wu taking it apart and hiding in it or whatever.

Was the other guy an actual other person or was he just Wu controlling someone else and talking to himself?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Doctor UwU you're not supposed to cause kidney stones, you're better than this.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Okay so "Jobin is the main villain" is back on?

Good lord I have no idea how part 8 is going to end.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

He says "Diavolo" so I guess I cant post this in the manga thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy4UybOB9rA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Good lord I have no idea how part 8 is going to end.

Thank you for joining our forum Mr. Hirohiko Araki senpey

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

gently caress this made me lol

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I guess fuckboy from last chapter is an ally.

Or playing the long game. I suspect he might have been the ambulance driver.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

awww yeah

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Carpator Diei posted:

Or playing the long game. I suspect he might have been the ambulance driver.

Yeah, like, Wu’s stand didn’t really match up with Whatever killed Poor Tom, and while I know it’s like, never unlikely for weird things to be “Araki Forgot”, the flattened wheelchair stuff is still super odd considering how consistent his stand concept was from the start as well, with the fragment possession stuff...idk! There’s a lot of Weird stuff this chapter that could lead interesting places and the whole rock person conspiracy remains as inscrutable as ever. Here’s hoping the new year brings more cool dumb fruit mystery and less extremely hard to ignore Creep poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Divine Orator posted:

Yeah, like, Wu’s stand didn’t really match up with Whatever killed Poor Tom, and while I know it’s like, never unlikely for weird things to be “Araki Forgot”, the flattened wheelchair stuff is still super odd considering how consistent his stand concept was from the start as well, with the fragment possession stuff...idk! There’s a lot of Weird stuff this chapter that could lead interesting places and the whole rock person conspiracy remains as inscrutable as ever. Here’s hoping the new year brings more cool dumb fruit mystery and less extremely hard to ignore Creep poo poo

I thought Poor Tom was killed by a strange flying pebble thing

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

By the way - it kinda flew under the radar, given the incredible weirdness of Double Doctor Tomoki and his incredible power of being dirt, but they just gave away what Holly's role was in all of this, didn't they?

Tomoki said she ran the tests with the Rokoka fruit to cure diseases as well, but she failed (?) and got her brain eaten as a result. This might very well be something Tomoki did to her - if he can somewhat control the Rokoka's area of effect by blocking blood vessels, he might force it to take effect on the brain as well. Maybe they specifically tried erasing her memories, rather than risk killing her? Or Kyo got her out somehow. I guess we'll see.

Still thinking the endgame involves the rockmen utilizing Johnny's dead headless body somehow

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rock Man posesses Jesus's body, is filled with the good word of the lord, and dies to save the Rock Peoples from sin so they can join human society as equals

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Also DIO is back for some reason, possibly as a flashback

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also DIO is back for some reason, possibly as a flashback
Was he ever gone?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Apparently, Fugo's backstory doesn't match up with the details from PHF, which has people thinking there won't be a sequel OVA that follows it. :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think getting an adaptation of a light novel would have been a stretch anyways since there'd be no real manga to use as a basis

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the last shot of part 5 needs to be fugo and mista meeting in the empty football stadium, you motherfuckers

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Apparently, Fugo's backstory doesn't match up with the details from PHF, which has people thinking there won't be a sequel OVA that follows it. :(

Not sure I like the new backstory, TBH. I might prefer the idea that Fugo is just someone who suffers fools poorly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel like Illuso could have won his confrontation if he at least had the foresight to bring a gun into the mirror world. I forgot that Moody Blues bodied his Stand.

Expect My Mom posted:

the last shot of part 5 needs to be fugo and mista meeting in the empty football stadium, you motherfuckers

:yeah:

This is all I really wanted.

Silver2195 posted:

Not sure I like the new backstory, TBH. I might prefer the idea that Fugo is just someone who suffers fools poorly.

Yeah, I'm not sure the rapey teacher was necessary.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver2195 posted:

The biggest thing is they had Illuso explain it and then showed it, made most of it redundant.

Although I did like the new scene in the beginning, showed Fugo is easily irritated and it's not just Narancia.

Edit: also the rapey teacher was unnecessary, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did Araki forget how to write her or has Yasuho always done the stupidest thing possible in every situation and then gotten poo poo in her panties