Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
did the CR die yet or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wylie posted:

Jones has no delusions of being a two-term senator.

I expect and hope for him to pivot towards a run for governor and rebuilding the state party/taking control of it back from Joe Reed.

Also,

https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/1076178422982881280?s=19

It's crazy how fast Carrey's art has developed since he started

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

did the CR die yet or what

They stopped voting while they argue in private but yeah it's probably dead.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Nemo2342 posted:

I don't think so; piss-baby goaded the House Republicans into not passing the clean one. He needs the Senate to kill this current bill and force the House to take up the clean one again first.

Can the House do a reset on the clean CR without Senate action? Is it failing cloture sufficient?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Just lol if you think the CNBC thing is anything more than their social media people trying to drive up engagement before the quarter ends so they don't get fired by their 80 year old boss shouting about comments and likes

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

He gon' be maaaaaaaaad.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I assume the $615 in "donations" is to The Dealer Fund for drugs

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

DarkHorse posted:

Can the House do a reset on the clean CR without Senate action? Is it failing cloture sufficient?

I believe so: if nothing else they can hollow out an existing tabled bill, insert the language of the Clean CR, and toss it to the Senate. It would easily pass the House and Senate with bipartisan support in hours, if Trump would sign it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1076200824869654529

This is not as clever or charming as Mitch thinks it is

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Tim Whatley posted:

Just lol if you think the CNBC thing is anything more than their social media people trying to drive up engagement before the quarter ends so they don't get fired by their 80 year old boss shouting about comments and likes

Oh God I can hear this meeting.

"You have X number of likes, good, good. But we need to see more active engagement with our brand. I need you to get our replies number up before end of year."

Designated social media millennial: "I got you fam"

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Wylie posted:

Oh God I can hear this meeting.

"You have X number of likes, good, good. But we need to see more active engagement with our brand. I need you to get our replies number up before end of year."

Designated social media millennial: "I got you fam"

Dear God, they've figured out how to make money from OUTRAGED millenials.

Soon, they'll be unstoppable.

Or out of business. You can never tell.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/1076178422982881280?s=19

It's crazy how fast Carrey's art has developed since he started

As someone who’s starting this whole art thing at the early age of 29 it gives me hope I can reach the level of “Well, it’s not complete trash” at some point

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
"Plarp, 28, makes $125,000 a year doing ghostwriting for celebrity Instagram pet accounts. He lives with thirteen other roommates in an Algonquin long house in the middle of New York City. While around the roaring bonfire he uses instead of central heat, he gave us a breakdown of his $2000/month spending habits:

$750 - Donations to defense funds of Twitch streamers that got banned for using racial slurs deemed archaic in the 1940s
$9 - Cell Phone
$500 - Groceries
$121 - Exorcisms
$20 - Utilities
$600 - Nanny (Plarp has no children)"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

DaveWoo posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1076200824869654529

This is not as clever or charming as Mitch thinks it is

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/1073699172602310657

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

hes living in the Boston metro that has public transportation

lmao that makes this even worse

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/GregStohr/status/1076202460706947072

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Babylon Astronaut posted:

This isn't even close to true. Google title 9.

It is in the article - girls have their own wrestling teams in NJ, it is an official girls sport which not a lot of states allow, but not every school has it. I have no idea why you are focusing on that out of everything in that post. Point being: girls wrestle in NJ and so them putting their hair up is very common and the refs should know better.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 21, 2018

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh his reaction to everything today. Just full on meltdown

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 21, 2018

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Awesome day Trump is having

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

HobbitGrease posted:

"Plarp, 28, makes $125,000 a year doing ghostwriting for celebrity Instagram pet accounts. He lives with thirteen other roommates in an Algonquin long house in the middle of New York City. While around the roaring bonfire he uses instead of central heat, he gave us a breakdown of his $2000/month spending habits:

$750 - Donations to defense funds of Twitch streamers that got banned for using racial slurs deemed archaic in the 1940s
$9 - Cell Phone
$500 - Groceries
$121 - Exorcisms
$20 - Utilities
$600 - Nanny (Plarp has no children)"

This is really funny. You should do a Shouts and Murmurs or something.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

SLOSifl posted:

The other mistake MSNBC made was labeling it CNBC and posting it on CNBC's twitter.

whoa what a gaffe and a half

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/21/us/politics/trump-shutdown-border-wall.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

NY Times take on the shutdown (Not a Haberman piece)

Trump Threatens a Government Shutdown That Will ‘Last for a Very Long Time’

quote:

And President Trump shelved plans to go to his winter home in Florida, seemingly preparing for a shutdown. At the same time, he showed no sign of retreating from his demands.

During a meeting with Republican senators, Mr. Trump refused to give them specifics about what kind of plan he could support, including how much money he would accept for fortifying the border, despite their repeated efforts to ascertain his conditions for a deal, according to a Senate official briefed on the session who insisted on anonymity to describe it. The president talked at length about the wall and repeatedly pressed the senators about eliminating the filibuster so they could fund it with 51 votes.

Republicans seemed resigned to the fact that the wall funding would have to fail once more in the Senate before it would be possible to persuade the president to consider an alternative — if doing so would ever be possible.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sentence: GUILLOTINE!!!

I can’t wait for the tweetstorm that will result from this.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Delthalaz posted:

Klee is still on his family's phone plan. His part of the bill comes to $40 per month.

I am amazed how much people pay for phone plans. I have Google Fi and it's never been more than $30 a month.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I will never understand how one human can spend 400$/mo on groceries, barring some kind of dietary issue that necessitates buying very expensive food. I am in a two-person household and I spend around $40 a week on groceries.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1076204653363240964

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Glumslinger posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/21/us/politics/trump-shutdown-border-wall.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

NY Times take on the shutdown (Not a Haberman piece)

Trump Threatens a Government Shutdown That Will ‘Last for a Very Long Time’

This is just delicious

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

failing forward posted:

I will never understand how one human can spend 400$/mo on groceries, barring some kind of dietary issue that necessitates buying very expensive food. I am in a two-person household and I spend around $40 a week on groceries.

Do booze and weed count as groceries?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Merry Christmas, Trump.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FuturePastNow posted:

I assume the $615 in "donations" is to The Dealer Fund for drugs

I assume it is just like those "typical day in the life" articles where the subject claims to eat approximately 600cals a day and run a 5k each morning - completely disconnected from any sort of reality because people don't like to self report their own flaws.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

failing forward posted:

Buying organic and lots and lots of snack foods/higher-end prepared meals

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Do booze and weed count as groceries?

I'd rather chop my dingle* off than admit that booze ain't food!

* I do not have a dingle.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Shifty Pony posted:

I assume it is just like those "typical day in the life" articles where the subject claims to eat approximately 600cals a day and run a 5k each morning - completely disconnected from any sort of reality because people don't like to self report their own flaws.

a 5k is just 3 miles dude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is keeping the government running bipartisan enough that a clean extension of the current budget could potentially end up vetoproof in January if Trump digs his heels in and refuses to sign anything without the wall in it?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I swear at this point that all of these "LOok at these responsible wealthies" articles are just there to troll people

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1076205925935927297

Yes, that sounds like a pressing issue

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

failing forward posted:

Greetings, Representative Scalise.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I shouldn't be cumming this much at work.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

a 5k is just 3 miles dude.
A typical adult human will burn over 600 calories running three miles, at least.

Edit: double checked, average person running a 10 minute mile would burn roughly 900 calories during their morning 5k. As such, the typical adult would starve to death in roughly 8 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgeous Gorge
Jun 17, 2005
Why don't you go rub skulks with your onos?

failing forward posted:

I'd rather chop my dingle* off than admit that booze ain't food!

Brutal.