Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

from what it looks like baruuk lives and dies by having energy. having adaptation would also be pretty good, i feel, because his base health is so low and can probably use a way to shave off damage for when he does get hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I bought Baruuk, too. He's definitely better suited for higher-enemy content. Going to take a bit for me to figure out the defensive balance, though. I think he likes armor a lot, though, Adaptation will probably be best once I get one.

Yeah he needs Steel Fiber and you could maybe skip Vitality. It's gonna take me some time to unlearn my typical slotting habits. I wonder how wide the #1 skill gets. Certainly not 360 but I hope it goes beyond 180.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah he needs Steel Fiber and you could maybe skip Vitality. It's gonna take me some time to unlearn my typical slotting habits. I wonder how wide the #1 skill gets. Certainly not 360 but I hope it goes beyond 180.

Wiki says you can get to 360 with 200% range.

Is there a way to increase attack speed on Desert Wind? Doesn't seem like Berserker or Fury do anything.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I started messing around with Revenant, wasn't expecting much, but he seems pretty cool actually. I really like the weird frames like harrow that have abilities that all feed into each other. I stuck him to the side for now so I can put more time into him when I'm not churning through all the warframes I've got built.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I started messing around with Revenant, wasn't expecting much, but he seems pretty cool actually. I really like the weird frames like harrow that have abilities that all feed into each other. I stuck him to the side for now so I can put more time into him when I'm not churning through all the warframes I've got built.

I just got revenant as well, I thought the abilities were cool until I hit 4 and was like, welp who needs all this other poo poo

I guess on that note, is there a good "pet" build for any of the frames? Nekros is ok I guess but it seems like it's just useful for the damage reduction mod, Nyx I still need to mess around with after the buffs, I just got Khora so I need to try some dual cat action. I wish you could command Nekros' minions like Pikmin or something, they kind of scatter all over the place.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oberon's my favorite frame with good ability synergy. Undocumented boosts to the other three on Hallowed Ground. They really should make tutorials for the frames.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
How the gently caress are you supposed to play Pursuit missions? I get the fundamental idea, but it seems like the soft targets on the ship are so small it's impossible to hit them all before the mission times out. Are you supposed to run something with explosive damage or high-range melee or what?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Death Panel Czar posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to play Pursuit missions? I get the fundamental idea, but it seems like the soft targets on the ship are so small it's impossible to hit them all before the mission times out. Are you supposed to run something with explosive damage or high-range melee or what?

You get a fluctus and completely forget the concept of “aiming”. It’s a bad mission.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shredder posted:

I just got revenant as well, I thought the abilities were cool until I hit 4 and was like, welp who needs all this other poo poo

I guess on that note, is there a good "pet" build for any of the frames? Nekros is ok I guess but it seems like it's just useful for the damage reduction mod, Nyx I still need to mess around with after the buffs, I just got Khora so I need to try some dual cat action. I wish you could command Nekros' minions like Pikmin or something, they kind of scatter all over the place.

His minions are pretty good on defense based missions since they not only remove a threat but also distract other incoming threats and convert them to your side.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Death Panel Czar posted:

Archwings are bad

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Death Panel Czar posted:

It's a buggy as hell gamemode that only comes up like, once or twice in the entire starchart, it's stupid as hell and forgotten by DE.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

from what it looks like baruuk lives and dies by having energy. having adaptation would also be pretty good, i feel, because his base health is so low and can probably use a way to shave off damage for when he does get hit.

I don't think adaptation actually works. This thread's conclusion holds true to my own tests:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a2abd4/is_adaptation_really_broken_revisited/

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Death Panel Czar posted:

Itzal + Fluctus

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Oberon's my favorite frame with good ability synergy. Undocumented boosts to the other three on Hallowed Ground. They really should make tutorials for the frames.

Is there some place that tries to document what the community's figured out about these? There's so much that's a mystery about frame abilities.

For example, I'm new and found out just this week that Energy Vampire is fixed total energy per target and not constant energy per unit time, so it's ok and even good to kill targets after you inflict EV. Would've been good to know when leveling Trinity Prime.

Oberon was fun. Vauban so far has not been great. Are there any hidden mechanics to his abilities?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You pretty much have carefully to read the wiki for every frame you play seriously to see what undocumented info is out there.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soothing Vapors posted:

You pretty much have carefully to read the wiki for every frame you play seriously to see what undocumented info is out there.

For example, Inaros sandstorm is a hilarious and useful power that makes pubs VERY MAD.

They should include that in the patch notes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks for the Saryn advice all, and thank you Vayan for Nekros Prime. Just need 2 extract and it's time to get spooky.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Jack Trades posted:

Apparently if you buy Prime Access you get that prime noogle during tennobaum.

:eng101: or Prime Vault

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Vargs posted:

I don't think adaptation actually works. This thread's conclusion holds true to my own tests:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a2abd4/is_adaptation_really_broken_revisited/

This explains why my Mag has felt a lot more squishy in the last week or two.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Death Panel Czar posted:

Bring a good accuracy gun(imperator, velocity sniper, Soma but bigger and home schooled,)
Shoot out the engine from behind till it stops, blow out one or two orange dots.
Blow out engines when it moves again. Kill all orange dots and defend it for a minute and you're done.
If you're missing important mods ask for Vayan in game and I'll hook you up with the basic elements and crit, multi shot.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

RE: dumb realizations

I played this game briefly way back when it first came out. Thought I'd give it another shot a few weeks ago. Couldn't remember what the gently caress was even going on and I didn't put much time in before so I'll just make a new account and start fresh and play the tutorials and poo poo.

Looked at my old account yesterday just to see if there was anything valuable and realized I had Excalibur Prime but now I've put three weeks into this new account :negative:

See if you can gift it to your new account somehow maybe? Whatever, you should definitely sell it somehow, because someone will surely give you thousands upon thousands of plat for it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Soothing Vapors posted:

e: catcum delivered to all
I just want to say how much i love this thread

i've gotten tons of gifts already and am sitting on 600+ plat so i'm abstaining from all these giveaways but this is extremely fantastic from everyone involved

Now i just need to hit that 75%er or lucky riven drop to whale it up and roll in enough dough to return the many many favors

also im building my first spacecat so im in an extra great mood

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DOUBLE CREDITS ARE LIVE

IT STACKS WITH BOOSTERS

AND INDEX

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Inzombiac posted:

DOUBLE CREDITS ARE LIVE

IT STACKS WITH BOOSTERS

AND INDEX
ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

wait credits are mostly useless to me BUT NUMBERS GOING UP HALLELUJAH

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
:dogbutton:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Inzombiac posted:

DOUBLE CREDITS ARE LIVE

IT STACKS WITH BOOSTERS

AND INDEX

How long will this be active? I have work.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BrightWing posted:

All god drat motherfucking weekend. Go getcha fat stacks.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Many years ago when I was just starting out, TheEvilKit very kindly gifted me the newest warframe Mesa during tennobaum. Mesa has served me well through the past 4 years, and now I'd like to pay it forward to another goon.

So I'm running a Most Chirstmassy/Yule Warframe contest! Show me your most festive/terrifying warframe for the season. Designs representing local holiday traditions are welcome and encouraged, especially if you have a neat explanation! All you have to do to enter is to quote this post with your IGN and a screenshot of your fashionframe.

First prize gets a brand new Mesa prime set!
Second place gets 150p worth of stuff of their choice from the market
Third gets 100p worth of stuff if their choice from the market

Contest ends on the 23rd at 11PM GMT. Here is my example entry from the December holiday traditions of my homeland, China

RESIST THE OPIUM OF THE WESTERN SPIRITS

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BrightWing posted:

Until Xmas, I think.

GET THOSE DOLLAHS!

Edit
Tennobaum is extended until next Monday

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 21, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Double post!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Excellent

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so ive started dying at least once on pretty much every mission. do i have any options for life sustain? leech or regen or something

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That wasn't too bad, those new phermones are quite nice for getting rare critters.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome! posted:

so ive started dying at least once on pretty much every mission. do i have any options for life sustain? leech or regen or something

What's your Frame?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Inzombiac posted:

What's your Frame?

i mostly use frost (prime if it matters)

i also have trinity prime and excalibur but i like frost for the bubble for defense type missions

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Jack Trades posted:

Apparently if you buy Prime Access you get that prime noogle during tennobaum.

Magus42 posted:

:eng101: or Prime Vault

Oh awesome! When I logged on then I got Ember, Frost and Nova prime noggles. They're so cute. :3:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I never got anything with Ember, yet I have some Noggle now, weird

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Echophonic posted:

That wasn't too bad, those new phermones are quite nice for getting rare critters.

I loving love that emblem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i mostly use frost (prime if it matters)

i also have trinity prime and excalibur but i like frost for the bubble for defense type missions

In warframe survivability means two things: First is high sustain, and second, high killing power (kill everything before it can even shoot at you). It's easier to get sustain at first, and killing power comes with better mods, frames and weapons, which will come in time.

For now the first thing you should do is build yourself a rhino and/or nezha. Both have ridiculous, easy to use damage negation.