Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I had a teacher in high school named Mr. Fister. Not even Pfister, like a civilized person, but Fister. His first name was Fred. His twin daughters went to our school, and were known as The Fister Sisters. Their names were Daisy and Doosie. Doosie went by DeeDee. DeeDee Fister.

Shame he didn't stick with the flower theme and named her Rosie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I had a teacher in high school named Mr. Fister. Not even Pfister, like a civilized person, but Fister. His first name was Fred. His twin daughters went to our school, and were known as The Fister Sisters. Their names were Daisy and Doosie. Doosie went by DeeDee. DeeDee Fister.

How old were you when you realized you were growing up in the Rugrats universe

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Did they just really hate Doosie or what? What a loving name..

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Saw an email about a coworker named Esoterica

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Luke Sky Walker has been arrested on a probation violation.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

sweeperbravo posted:

How old were you when you realized you were growing up in the Rugrats universe
I have never seen an episode of Rugrats, for I am an Old.

big dyke energy posted:

Did they just really hate Doosie or what? What a loving name..
That was her actual name, even. It wasn’t a nickname. They also had a son named Duncan. Maybe they were trying to cover all the vowels.

Vadun posted:

Saw an email about a coworker named Esoterica

That is amazing.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I work at a company that makes EVA foam mats. They can be for commercial uses, but our main audience is parents who want a fun, safe space for their kids to play. Part of the service we offer is customising the mats with the kids' names. I've seen the whole parade of Brayden/Jayden/Kayden before, but I saw a pair of names recently that had me reeling.

They were Brynleigh and Aluralyn.

I also encountered an Aquannette today.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
urhieness

i've seen the name before, just never spelled like that.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

DemonDarkhorse posted:

urhieness

i've seen the name before, just never spelled like that.

That definitely says "you're heinous" rather than "your highness"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solid Cake posted:

I work at a company that makes EVA foam mats. They can be for commercial uses, but our main audience is parents who want a fun, safe space for their kids to play. Part of the service we offer is customising the mats with the kids' names. I've seen the whole parade of Brayden/Jayden/Kayden before, but I saw a pair of names recently that had me reeling.

They were Brynleigh and Aluralyn.

I also encountered an Aquannette today.

Your real main audience is probably cosplayers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Here's a lady named Plier.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I interviewed a woman named Glinda Goodrich. It was so close, it had to be on purpose.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I worked a patient's account and her name was Cummie Smith. Born in 1922. Maybe Cummie was a more common name back then.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That has to be a pet name or diminutive of something, but what?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

(Mg, Fe²⁺)₂(Mg, Fe²⁺)₅Si₈O₂₂(OH)₂

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pastry, my dude. Did you just post the chemical formula for cummingtonite.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phy posted:

Pastry, my dude. Did you just post the chemical formula for cummingtonite.

I admit it's a bit of a mouthful

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Cumella

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I worked a patient's account and her name was Cummie Smith. Born in 1922. Maybe Cummie was a more common name back then.

I know it seems an awful name for people nowadays because of the obvious, but I can't imagine how this poor lady managed to get through the cold war with a name that's so close to Commie.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

The only thing I can think of is Cunningham.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I did a little googling around and there are a bunch of old ladies named "Cumonie," possibly also related to "Cymonie" and "Cymon" (I wonder if that's just some wacky language's feminized version of Simon?)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Istari posted:

I know it seems an awful name for people nowadays because of the obvious, but I can't imagine how this poor lady managed to get through the cold war with a name that's so close to Commie.

Uh, no Commie would just name themselves Commie. If you think about it, it's the perfect disguise.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
shmaryon. i swear its not a wayne gretzky joke

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Assuming this has not been posted already. Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xblh12XgQ4o

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I like how she assumes that it's the baby people are judging. Kid's not even born, and she's already deflecting her poo poo onto him. Good luck, little SSS.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The real question is what grade do the other kids stop calling "Squatter" and start calling him "Squirter"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Tony Snark posted:

The real question is what grade do the other kids stop calling "Squatter" and start calling him "Squirter"

Didn't you read? :supaburn: HE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A NICKNAME

I feel bad for his future classmates. Imagine being 5 years old, encountering that kid, and suddenly having to question everything.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Had a patient today named Branimir Lobo. I think that's a pretty cool name.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My program recently got two students. The enrollment staff call them "the twins." They are cousins born one day apart whose parents decided to give them the same names, first and middle and last. I can only imagine their fathers were brothers who really wanted to be the first to name their child after a relative and the second one's parents didn't know the other had beat them to it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

My program recently got two students. The enrollment staff call them "the twins." They are cousins born one day apart whose parents decided to give them the same names, first and middle and last. I can only imagine their fathers were brothers who really wanted to be the first to name their child after a relative and the second one's parents didn't know the other had beat them to it.

Uuuuuuerrrgggbhhh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This should be a crime.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I can only imagine their fathers were brothers who really wanted to be the first to name their child after a relative and the second one's parents didn't know the other had beat them to it.

There is definitely a rich, dead relative’s will involved in this.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I just realised my name, while perfectly average, is also a terrible name.
My mom and family were sure I was a boy, so they had a boy name chosen. Well, I was a girl. So she was stuck trying to find a name for me. A lady in the hospital had let her borrow a book so she named me after the main character.
She named me Christy.
I'm Jewish.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At least the spelling isn't Khryssti?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Stairs posted:

She named me Christy.
I'm Jewish.

So? Christ was a Jew, after all :v:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

So? Christ was a Jew, after all :v:

I think the implication is that Stairs is named after Christy Huddleston, which is a bit of an odd choice.

madeintaipei has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Dec 22, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I feel like not many people are likely to make that connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
The Christy Huddleston connection for sure is weird but the strange part is giving a Jewish kid the name of the founder of Christianity. Because Christy literally means Christ-Like.
It would be like a white redneck kid named Mohammad.