Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fwiw the nobility tried to restrict the spread of firearms (and even crossbows) in some places, and it worked for a long time and even well sometimes, but it also lead to those regimes getting completely owned when someone who adopted the new tactics showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzURm7OpAA

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Finally getting some punk in this cyber

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
spam every airport with drones

except when ive got to get somewhere lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
flying sucks this might be a good thing

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Trains don't give a gently caress about drones

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Trains don't give a gently caress about drones

train stations sure do though

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:krad:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

We've come a long way from the IRA dropping smoke mortars on Heathrow

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

carrefour and/or the chinese govt need to look up adversarial attacks :cmon:

post that thing where to a human it's clearly a toy turtle but to google image it's 100% certain its a rifle

edit: I'll just post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQu7kkQBPc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Modest Mao posted:

post that thing where to a human it's clearly a toy turtle but to google image it's 100% certain its a rifle

edit: I'll just post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQu7kkQBPc

lmao thx yea! it owns how easy it is to gently caress with neural nets

kinda makes you wonder why all govts worldwide are claiming them as the solution to p much everything.. altho tbf they dont care if Robert Downey Jr with a turtle gets sniped because he looks like Meng Hongwei with a machete, or vice versa

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the people who authorize these programs have never heard the phrase "adversarial attack" and the people who present the programs to them will never ever mention it lest their funding suffer

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

furthermore, the people who write the press releases will never say anything bad unless they're directly told to, and the people who publish the press releases unchanged will never question the information in them

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The excuses are usually a combination between wanting to be able to do whatever with no real scrutiny because it's all the computer's fault if anything goes "wrong" and somehow feeling like it's an unbearable burden to employ people to do simple jobs.

Like how so much of customer support is ground down and outsourced to the point of being mostly just a bramble to keep complaints from infiltrating the system. Of course, that effort is being counteracted by the fact that all these companies being overzealous in hiring social media staff, which is why tweeting is more likely to get you somewhere than actually following the path companies set out for you.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1076638113592569856

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Walmart active shooter virtual reality training program

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

he glossed over the most dystopic part; this is the only way the impoverished employees get to interact with vr tech

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Prav posted:

he glossed over the most dystopic part; this is the only way the impoverished employees get to interact with vr tech

it reminds me of the vr prison job skill training program where an inmate started crying, asking what else in the outside world had changed

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

:911: :911: :911:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1076639373213356032

e:fb

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I’ve played some VR FPSs and can confirm they’re p cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

Prav posted:

the future was a mistake

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

got any sevens posted:

and then bragging about it so much you hope big dogs sends you some free shirts

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Algund Eenboom posted:

Variety Level 13: Save the Greeter

e: "Big Dogs replied" :lol:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

hell yes, I've been waiting for a BF2142 remake

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
At least $2k worth of pussies and dicks?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1076929434702073857?s=19

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

make one for my dog and I'm sold

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ah yes, I've always wanted to keep things clean and generate more trash at the same time.

I wonder how long the film stays on when you're walking on it, or if the seal even works on very dirty shoes. I imagine some caked on mud could mess things up.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Tastykake posted:

the people who authorize these programs have never heard the phrase "adversarial attack" and the people who present the programs to them will never ever mention it lest their funding suffer

"No one's going to Hitchbot our program" is the "perfectly spherical cows in a vacuum" of technology.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Very excited to put on my Walmart VR headset and have all my favorite anime girls tell my why union organizing is bad

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Right to work is very moe.

*barf smilie*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

iirc these were originally for home shows and stuff, dumb af outside maybe that one application

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

“can we market something for clean rooms to consumers?”

. no.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voiQ3pr7Hfw

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

“can we market something for clean rooms to consumers?”

. no.

goddamnit

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/againstposting/status/1077301595656859649

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
just take your loving shoes off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

This but for condoms. No more wasting money buying XXL condoms to display to potential mates to trick them into have sex.