Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. if he dies, they can paint him as some saint who was taken to heaven before his time and make poo poo up. if he gets tossed out, he will be a disgrace.
That's exactly the point; he'll get a huge hagiography if he dies and then everyone in the GOP will fall over their own asses to try to portray themselves as the new Trump. But only Trump can be Trump. Anyone else who tries looks like a loving idiot because they don't have the same combination of charisma, name recognition, and complete lack of shame. And anyone who doesn't try will get hosed by the GOP base for not being Trumpy enough.

If he gets impeached, no matter how damning the evidence against him, the GOP base will be screaming bloody murder about how this was a Deep State Coup. So the GOP politicians will have to act like Trump here as well, but this time even if they gently caress up, they'll have the force of the base's fury behind them. Trump dying doesn't give them that advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGameVet posted:

Meanwhile:

The Dow is on track for its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis, and its worst December since the Great Depression. After a rally this morning, stocks fell sharply this afternoon on fears that Pres. Trump will force a government shutdown over the border wall.

Maybe Robert Reich's "former Republican Congressman" friend is right. Maybe Wall Street will push the GOP to get Trump out?

This fan fiction would be better as slash.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VideoGameVet posted:

Meanwhile:

The Dow is on track for its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis, and its worst December since the Great Depression. After a rally this morning, stocks fell sharply this afternoon on fears that Pres. Trump will force a government shutdown over the border wall.

Maybe Robert Reich's "former Republican Congressman" friend is right. Maybe Wall Street will push the GOP to get Trump out?

that honestly sounds believable. i weirdly dont think pence will pardon him though.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 21, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

This reads like fanfiction.

all of punditry is politics fanfiction

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I recognize that I am in the minority, but I would rather not have the advantage of running against Trump in 2020 as long as Trump goes down as the first and only president to be removed from office. Historically, that would be very important for righting the ship and smoothing things over with our allies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1076221649773416448

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

lol

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Beto's just like "a guy who never won the Dem primary!" is a bold move.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

No running doesn't burn as many calories as you think. Go read Body by Science and dig into research in the HIT world. Studies show that most people, whether running or walking, burn 100 kilocalories per mile of distance. Our bodies do not respond in a linear way to both energy demands and expenditures. I.e. if you suddenly drop to a 600 kcal diet you won't immediately lose heaps of weight, instead your body's metabolism will start shutting down non-essential functions to reduce the energy demands so you'll lose weight slowly (and be freakin miserable and moody). Likewise if you train yourself to be an incredible runner your body will hone its metabolism to be more efficient when running and reduce the amount of calories it needs to sustain the pace, distance, etc. you train at. (nice job on the weight loss though, I'm in a similar boat and highly highly recommend looking into HIT and weight training to sustain yourself vs. distance running)

Well I am still losing weight even faster than my own estimates say I should be based odd my calorie intake so maybe it's just because I'm still pretty heavy for someone who runs as much as I do so it still burns a lot more than usual. I mean, I still think you're wrong about it not being good for weight loss, obviously weight lifting is the foundation of a good workout plan but running is great for losing weight too!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Z. Autobahn posted:

Beto's just like "a guy who never won the Dem primary!" is a bold move.

Beto's just like "person currently leading the polls for the 2020 primary" is less bold

The polls this early are worse than trash and are just name recognition but political strategists are trash too so

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1076222610915160070

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

good he'll spend a few decades getting less than 1% of the votes before latching onto an actual minority's rise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol if Schumer gave him the 1 billion

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

empty whippet box posted:

Well I am still losing weight even faster than my own estimates say I should be based odd my calorie intake so maybe it's just because I'm still pretty heavy for someone who runs as much as I do so it still burns a lot more than usual. I mean, I still think you're wrong about it not being good for weight loss, obviously weight lifting is the foundation of a good workout plan but running is great for losing weight too!

Exercise is not required to lose weight. It's a simple math problem of Calories in - Calories out. Exercise is about fitness, not weight loss. Running is great, but there are sooooo many better ways to lose weight.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

that sucks

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
And people just yesterday were mocking me for saying the Dems would cave.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm loving dyin at lindsey getting all mad about syria and going right back to licking leather.

Lindsay, Lindsay
Yes MAGA?
Mad about Syria?
No MAGA
Tweeting rage?
No MAGA
Build the wall!
Ha ha ha!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So avoiding a shutdown depends on the negotiation skills of Jared Kushner? Lmao cool

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Your Taint posted:

Rightfully so as well:

aware of dog posted:

So avoiding a shutdown depends on the negotiation skills of Jared Kushner? Lmao cool

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Mark my loving words schumer I will vote straight ticket R if you pussy out on this.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1076223143369416705

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

aware of dog posted:

nah he just told Schumer if he caved and gave him the 1.6 billion for the wall Trump would sign it I bet

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

If this isn’t them conspiring to 25th the Dipshit... ah well it’s a thought. :sigh:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

aware of dog posted:

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Schumer isn't budging, yet

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1076226623463219200

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It's a simple math problem of Calories in - Calories out.

This is why the simplest way to lose ten pounds is to run 360 miles while eating no food or lift a 50,000 pound object once.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Your Taint posted:

they haven't

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

But I was told he would cave

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Here's hoping Schumer is smart enough to just do whatever Pelosi tells him to for the next two years.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it rules that the fight is literally 'we want to do all the same racist ~border security~ stuff as you but just don't make us fund the big wall'

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

But I was told he would cave

my man, we still have until midnight, give it time

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

sexpig by night posted:

it rules that the fight is literally 'we want to do all the same racist ~border security~ stuff as you but just don't make us fund the big wall'

And it actually qualifies as progress for this racist shithole of a country. In the late 90's/early 00's the contention would have been over exactly how tall to make the wall and exactly how much Mexican orphan blood would be mixed in the cement.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Probably not a bad spot to be in for Texas, really

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wicked Them Beats posted:

And it actually qualifies as progress for this racist shithole of a country. In the late 90's/early 00's the contention would have been over exactly how tall to make the wall and exactly how much Mexican orphan blood would be mixed in the cement.

yea it's been hilarious to see Trump and his idiot friends say the extremely true thing about every party involved in this fight once loving putting up big useless physical barriers to keep the scary browns out and the dems trying to explain that 'ACTUALLY a big rear end fence is much more woke than a WALL'.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
When the shutdown occurs and drags on, isn't the Dem messaging as simple as "you said Mexico would pay for it" ?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Young Joe Biden was the worse Joe Biden, though.

Edited for clarity.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

What this "a Wall" poo poo? It's "Wall".

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kalpenn/status/1075882630015528960

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

When the shutdown occurs and drags on, isn't the Dem messaging as simple as "you said Mexico would pay for it" ?

It's as simple as "Donald Trump explicitly claimed responsibility for shutting down the government"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Your Taint posted:

I'm mocking you now, actually.