Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Hey everyone, never played Fortnite. What's the Fortnite Dance? There are a bunch of them, but people talk about other people doing "the" dance.

Is it the floss one?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Hey everyone, never played Fortnite. What's the Fortnite Dance? There are a bunch of them, but people talk about other people doing "the" dance.

Is it the floss one?

Thanks.

There's no "the Fortnite dance". There's a lot of distinct and popular dance moves in the game.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I'd imagine the default one aka the Turk dance from Scrubs? But yeah at this point there are so many it could be the floss who knows

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

It will always be The Robot to me.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I kinda wish they would do an LTM that drops you into a random season from the past, with the map and items from that season. Just for the hell of it. See the map before tilted. Or see the meteor before it landed. or the destroyed map with hop rocks everywhere. Good times. I imagine that wouldn't be an easy thing to do though. Especially since they tried an LTM similar with a similar idea to that and had to swap it out mid-day yesterday. And it was only weapons from earlier seasons.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I started like end of season before last? This is pretty cool

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Season 2 here and I'm kinda glad I missed Season 1, that map was not good.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I could stomach a lot more pubby duos and especially squads if every dumb sheep kid didn't have to go to tilted all day every day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

I could stomach a lot more pubby duos and especially squads if every dumb sheep kid didn't have to go to tilted all day every day

Must be fun running through empty fields for days.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Today's Siphon LTM rules.

Apparently these are the LTMs for the 14 day event:

quote:

Day 1
Teams of 33
Classic

Day 2
Teams of 33
Siphon (Solo): All healing items have been removed in this mode. The only way to gain health or shields is to eliminate your opponents.

Day 3
Team Terror (50v50): Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
Barebones (Squads): The map, compass, storm timer and many features of the HUD are turned off in this mode. Figuring out who's friendly during fights and keeping away from the storm is the key to obtaining a Victory Royale.

Day 4
Team Terror (50v50)
Icey (solo)

Day 5
Disco Domination (Teams of 32)
Sniper Shootout (Duos)

Day 6
Disco Domination (Teams of 32)
Close Encounters (Squad)

Day 7
Team Rumble (Teams of 24)
Solid Gold (Squads)

Day 8
Team Rumble (Teams of 24)
Score Royale (Duos): Collect points to claim Victory Royale in this new Limited Time Mode. Whoever has the most points at the end of the match wins.

Day 9
Food Fight (Teams of 16)
Ground Games (Squads): This mode features limits on building materials and ammo, meaning that using natural cover and choosing your shots wisely is needed to secure wins

Day 10
Food Fight (Teams of 16)
Sneaky Silencers (Solo)

Day 11
Close Encounters (50v50)
Wild West (Squads)

Day 12
Close Encounters (50v50)
Steady Storm (Solo)

Day 13
High Explosives 50s (50v50)
High Explosives (Squads)

Day 14
High Explosives 50s (50v50)
One Shot (Squads): Snipers are the only weapons available in this mode where everyone only has 50 health and bandages are the only healing item.

High Explosives 50s :getin:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 20, 2018

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"Ground games" looks cool.
Surprised no return of Heist.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Must be fun running through empty fields for days.
Some people prefer a longer game, it's just a different way of playing. Almost no one will agree to play any other way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

"Ground games" looks cool.
Surprised no return of Heist.

Some people prefer a longer game, it's just a different way of playing. Almost no one will agree to play any other way.

There is long game, which is majority of games so long as your ability to play is slightly above "has pulse", and there is empty game. Good third of S1, especially in the western half, was just barren wasteland with neither structures, nor loot.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Barebones mode sounds awesome. A lot of these look really fun.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When are they going to make Squads challenges doable in Duos :(

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I landed ski lodges a bunch for the challenge and it actually seems like a good low key landing spot. It's also really fun because you can set up in one of the lodges and pick people off who are doing the challenge

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

because you can set up in one of the lodges and pick people off who are doing the challenge

C'mon, dont be that guy. At least let em do the drat thing first.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I got chased down by a drat tryhard last night when I was looking for the star between ski lodges. He was the kind to build one of those ramps with the wall and floor and 2 sides as reinforcement. I'm not even sure where he came from. The circle was in the opposite direction even. All well.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

codo27 posted:

C'mon, dont be that guy. At least let em do the drat thing first.

Yeah I try to give them a minute to grab it, one guy I even helped to find it, but a free kill is a free kill.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The new game mode in save the world is interesting, in theory.

But I have not contacted my fornite friends in years, and doing it with randoms is kind of suicidal.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I watched a video on youtube last night where a guy made it to 15 minutes solo, using Hotfixer Hazard. The one life rule took him down at the end though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozAh50X9zk

I want to make it long enough to get the 30 and 45 minute rewards, and then grind it for the rest of the ticket rewards.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
No respawn modes in BR right now? Boooo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nullsmack posted:

I watched a video on youtube last night where a guy made it to 15 minutes solo, using Hotfixer Hazard. The one life rule took him down at the end though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozAh50X9zk

I want to make it long enough to get the 30 and 45 minute rewards, and then grind it for the rest of the ticket rewards.

I finally got into a group of randoms, and we survived beyond the hour.... starting at level 100. Not that hard. We just did a ceiling everywhere with gass traps, a few walls to protect people killing everything with the noble launcher (I believe is called).

At 1+hour the mobs are level 150, so.. he...

I got the krampus, I also got the new automatic rifle from a llama. I guess I only have to farm gold for the ninja.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The game is easy and showers you with stuff now. It's pretty chill.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pzy posted:

No respawn modes in BR right now? Boooo

:emptyquote:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Do you get any bonus xp for zombie kills in the team terror ltm? Could I just set up at a spawner and farm easy xp?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Nope. The only reason to farm zombies is for drops. (Which makes them incredibly useful if you can't find some chest spawns.)

What does get you more xp (which is multiplied with friend and battlepass boosts) is getting at least one kill, and reviving multiple teammates. You get 30 xp and then extra xp of I think like 10 each for every revive after the first. (That doesn't sound like a lot, but it is when you add the battlepass boosts.) It is a pretty good way to incentivize reviving teammates in the team battle modes.

Gotta say of all the team fight modes, I like 30 v 30 with zombies the best. Personally I think zombies should be part of a permanent team-battle mode, and 30 v 30 is a good amount of players for a decent battle. Also, the zombies actually let you warm up and get a feel for the shooting mechanics before getting into fights. I notice I tend to fight a lot better if I have gotten loosened up mowing down zombies first.

Also, from earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJl1d40P1yI

Also - that weird loadout I was using was one where I was gassing enemies who would hole up inside structures and then shotgun or chaingun them when they tried to escape. Team battle modes let you try some bizarre loadouts for fun that can work surprisingly well if you can figure out a niche to fill with it.

Oh and, airplanes are a good addition in team battle modes. There's crazy dogfights going on and sometimes weird chaotic poo poo like this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfZZLg1b7I

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 22, 2018

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
If you haven't tried Barebones mode you definitely should, its a little confusing not knowing exactly where the zone is but its hilarious figuring out who your teammates are. I spent a good 30 seconds frantically shooting at two guys with balloons until I realized they were friendly. I walked up on them and they were doing the same to each other.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Team Terror is so fun, almost definitely my favorite big team mode. Playing medic and air taxi driver is actually a pretty viable strategy that can turn the tide of a game with some good revives or a plane rolling 5 deep with reinforcements you picked up from the edge of the circle.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Spacedad posted:

Oh and, airplanes are a good addition in team battle modes. There's crazy dogfights going on and sometimes weird chaotic poo poo like this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfZZLg1b7I
There is nothing more satisfying than crashing into one of the highrises in Tilted and taking out the dork who built a 4 ramp ladder and the mark they were trying to get the drop on.

Never don't go full Launchpad.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
I'm finding Team Terror way more fun than regular 50/50, but it seems so much harder. I'm not sure why; could be the weapons drops are different (way more health and shields), the circle is not centered on the dividing line, the smaller teams, the planes, or the monsters themselves.

But one thing's for sure, it's rare to see the steamrolls that usually happened in 50/50.

I'm loving the total chaos when the fight closes in and it's centered on some Monster Cubes.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Slide is either the most infuriating or most fun mode depending on if I'm grappling well. It feels like an attack on titan arena shooter when it goes well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Playing Team Terror and grabbing a plane so you can do flybys to shred the husk obelisks is real nice. When the pop and you're close you can slow down, get low, and hop out to loot then jump in the plane to do it some more until you're ready to go divebomb stragglers from the enemy team.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They really need to combine the health on kills from siphon, the infinite grappler from slide, and snipers only.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't know how I feel about the ice blocks but the infinite grapple is fun as hell. It might be even more thrilling with fall damage on, I'm not sure -- but I had a great game yesterday where in the final circle there were 3 of us building and swinging around some enormous structure on top of tilted trying to hit each other with shotguns

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I have discovered a powerful new tactical play using the new present item. I feel like a cat when I find a present, I get a brand new golden toy and I just wanna play with the box it comes in.

https://youtu.be/iPJoYc-C_Sw

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Okay, just played my first round of Disco Domination and that needs to be made a permanent game mode like yesterday. :dance:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Digging how the whole map is snow today but wish loot lake was frozen.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

tweet my meat posted:

I have discovered a powerful new tactical play using the new present item. I feel like a cat when I find a present, I get a brand new golden toy and I just wanna play with the box it comes in.

https://youtu.be/iPJoYc-C_Sw

I wish they were a little more common. I want to go around and catch people like Pokemon.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This fireworks challenge sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Especially since someone can beat you to it, so you end up running around looking for it when it's already been let off.

I'm dreading the "Elimination at expedition outposts" one, that's just tedious landing at a site and hoping the gods of RNG shine favorably on you.

For the chairs / poles / palettes one, I recommend going to Tilted for chairs (there's ~10 in the cafe under the basketball court with the Xmas tree, and more in the large building just to the south), for the utility poles go to the far east of Pleasant Park and get a quad bike and then mow down all the poles along the road between Pleasant the the gas station (you don't even need to boost through them), and finally there's loads of palettes in the building under construction in the middle of Tilted.