Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

4.0 is live

https://steamcommunity.com/games/594650/announcements/detail/2797196840736434247

quote:

Developer Note: Performance has and continues to be one of the largest (and most complex) issues we are working on in Hunt: Showdown. You guys have been pushing us hard on this topic (as you should!) and we want to give you a heads up about the coming weeks and months in this regard.

With the arrival of update 4.0 and Quickplay we wanted to provide as much content as possible for you to enjoy, and give feedback on, over the holidays. As a result, some of you may experience lower performance or frame drops for a period (which we are continuing to investigate).

Given the nature of how important performance is to you all, we want you to know that in the coming new year we will be dedicating a large portion of time and resources to improving this for all our users. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

quote:

Memory consumption may increase after each mission played

Seems like time on the test server was well spent :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
So far development by crytek has been stellar. But Quickplay and these performance issues give me pause.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At least Random Contract now does both maps and Lawson can have 1 or 2 bosses.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Basticle posted:

At least Random Contract now does both maps and Lawson can have 1 or 2 bosses.

Yeah its a good for less playerbase splitting for sure.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

3.0 kind of sucked in that it gave you the choice of playing only the new map and having no variety or trying to play the old map, wait 5+ minutes for it to find a game, and have at most 1 or 2 other teams in it.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 13, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Man, this rendition of the theme song suuuuuuuucks (I'm almost positive the lyrics were from a fan made version posted to reddit like 6 months ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5rNdbdfNk

*edit* having now played it I will admit I was skeptical but Quickplay is fun as hell. They really need to rename it to something else though. Someone on reddit suggested "Redemption mode". goes well with Bounty I think

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 14, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

Man, this rendition of the theme song suuuuuuuucks (I'm almost positive the lyrics were from a fan made version posted to reddit like 6 months ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5rNdbdfNk

*edit* having now played it I will admit I was skeptical but Quickplay is fun as hell. They really need to rename it to something else though. Someone on reddit suggested "Redemption mode". goes well with Bounty I think

The song isn't the worst thing ever but yeah the song is better with just humming.

I don't hate quickplay but I still maintain this game just doesn't need it. And now my queue times for the normal mode have doubled and I'm ending up in empty servers again.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

The song isn't the worst thing ever but yeah the song is better with just humming.

I don't hate quickplay but I still maintain this game just doesn't need it. And now my queue times for the normal mode have doubled and I'm ending up in empty servers again.

counterpoint: instead of lawson queues being almost instant and bayou times taking forever, random contract now takes a medium amount of time and I strangely have been in full games all day

*edit*

this game is still the best https://streamable.com/xrh8v

we found all 4 enemy teams dead in or around that building and proceeded to kill both bosses

==========================================================================================

https://streamable.com/vuz6k

bonus gif https://gfycat.com/GaseousAcidicAxisdeer

Basticle fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 15, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

8 games of normal hunt this morning. 7 of them were empty servers. Hooray thanks quickplay!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So this might be common knowledge but today I just found out theres a "hardware acceleration" option in Discord. I turned it off and while I havent played a ton and this could be a placebo effect, I've had no stuttering in Hunt since then.

Skyarb posted:

8 games of normal hunt this morning. 7 of them were empty servers. Hooray thanks quickplay!

Hi, I'm the guy whos been saying for weeks/months that I get put into an empty game at least once a day, and I have yet to be on an empty server since 4.0 came out :(

A different problem is that today we've sucessfully launched into a game 50% of the time, 25% of the time launching matchmaking has resulted in a crycloud error, 25% of the time both me and my partner finish the map loading process and then all of a sudden we're back at the main menu.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 16, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/4ji36

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

4.1 is live on the server and adds :siren: night time lawson :siren:

*edit* oh. my. god. the new main menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2Aa7cputY

Basticle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 20, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
Incredible.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's great

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/87tfm

https://streamable.com/ybc4h

:tif:

Basticle fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 21, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

I'm not sure why but the quickplay update has killed my enthusiasm for the game.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
probably because quickplay sucks

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't think anyone plays it, I only queued for it twice and it took five minutes each time.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mordja posted:

I don't think anyone plays it, I only queued for it twice and it took five minutes each time.

that can't be right, i've been told it split the playerbase!

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

that can't be right, i've been told it split the playerbase!

Since quickplay I have to restart my search on average twice to get into a normal hunt gamemode to not end up in an empty server.

I get you like your hyperbole but it doesn't change the reality of my experience.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
bought in for the winter sale. Tried the quickplay last man standing thing a bit, but it's absolutely loving impossible to enjoy it with the audio distorting/breaking down like it is. I looked briefly through the Steam forum and it's apparently some brand new bug involving Dark Sight or whatever experienced by precisely one other dude as of 5 minutes ago. Anyone else run into this?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

I noticed when I was playing quick play that I seemed to have permanent dark sight boost. I assumed everyone else did too tho because of the way everyone seems to spot everyone instantly at 100m and start firing. is that the bug you're referring to?

also, I've played a half dozen or so qp games now. some took the full timer but not once have I been in with less than 5 people (I think). normal queues still seem to work perfectly fine and I've only gotten 1 empty game in 3 days (playing in the middle of the night/super early morning) I'm on west though which I get the feeling is much more densely populated than some of the other servers?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rysithusiku posted:

I noticed when I was playing quick play that I seemed to have permanent dark sight boost. I assumed everyone else did too tho because of the way everyone seems to spot everyone instantly at 100m and start firing. is that the bug you're referring to?

also, I've played a half dozen or so qp games now. some took the full timer but not once have I been in with less than 5 people (I think). normal queues still seem to work perfectly fine and I've only gotten 1 empty game in 3 days (playing in the middle of the night/super early morning) I'm on west though which I get the feeling is much more densely populated than some of the other servers?

The dark sight in quickplay only shows the guy with the ....uh...wellspring? Not sure of the terminology. Or at least thats how its supposed to work, I havent played it in a couple of days.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

That's not quite the bug I'm speaking of. Once I used darksight in a match my audio rapidly deteriorated - less channels playing, sounds cut in and out rapidly forming a "crunching" sort of effect, certain actions just cut the audio out entirely for a solid second or two. After about an hour of play it got to the point where I was almost completely deaf crossing some swampland, with all the audio crunched out.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Rysithusiku posted:

Maybe my ELO is super low? I am very bad at the game. That would be a bummer if that is why my queue times are so long.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

That's not quite the bug I'm speaking of. Once I used darksight in a match my audio rapidly deteriorated - less channels playing, sounds cut in and out rapidly forming a "crunching" sort of effect, certain actions just cut the audio out entirely for a solid second or two. After about an hour of play it got to the point where I was almost completely deaf crossing some swampland, with all the audio crunched out.

I don't think that's a new bug but it's been a while since I had it. IIRC I just restarted my game and it was back to normal.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

This was all from one session, so I guess I'll give that a shot next time!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Skyarb posted:

Maybe my ELO is super low? I am very bad at the game. That would be a bummer if that is why my queue times are so long.

I don't think there is any (functional) ELO in this game. population is just too small. I get matched with everyone from rank 16 total noobs to 15 prestige monsters.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Is anyone else having the problem of pretty much never playing Lawson on random contract (and you want to do random contract otherwise it will never find a full game). Like when 4.0 came out it was an even mix but since 4.1 its been like 90% Bayou vs Lawson in both my experience and my friends.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Rysithusiku posted:

I don't think there is any (functional) ELO in this game. population is just too small. I get matched with everyone from rank 16 total noobs to 15 prestige monsters.

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/what-we-re-doing-to-improve-matchmaking-in-hunt

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

matchmaking has been readjusted several times since 2.4. also proper ELO matchmaking requires something like a 40-1 population at any given time in most cases (so if you're looking at a 10 person match to do elo properly there need to be several hundred people available to pull from) while Hunt isnt a dead game by any means its population isnt high enough to support that kind of matchmaking.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Rysithusiku posted:

matchmaking has been readjusted several times since 2.4. also proper ELO matchmaking requires something like a 40-1 population at any given time in most cases (so if you're looking at a 10 person match to do elo properly there need to be several hundred people available to pull from) while Hunt isnt a dead game by any means its population isnt high enough to support that kind of matchmaking.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/594650/announcements/detail/1712952601879844117

Read here. ELO has been in the game since 3.0.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think his point is that enabled or not, ELO isnt going to accomplish anything with the current size of the player base.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

I think his point is that enabled or not, ELO isnt going to accomplish anything with the current size of the player base.

I have no idea why I never get put into full games then. I play on US West at normal times.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

I have no idea why I never get put into full games then. I play on US West at normal times.

because the player base is too small? :confused:

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
I'm level 100 (never bothered with prestige), and regularly get into full classic games when playing US West if I'm playing during normal evening hours. There will be the occasional low population game though.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Well look at all you lucky boys who don't end up in empty servers :smith:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:thunk:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is it just me or does everyone and their dog use shotguns? I have been trying quick play out after not playing for a while and it feels like every person I come across is packing one as their primary weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is it just me or does everyone and their dog use shotguns? I have been trying quick play out after not playing for a while and it feels like every person I come across is packing one as their primary weapon.

its just you. i get killed by every kind of gun in the game right now. Lawson has made rifles king also.