Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ogmius815 posted:

He almost hosed up the CR negotiations just last month by offering the same deal Dems had agreed to last year. As if there hadn’t been any developments since that time that strengthened his hand.

He also runs air cover for Facebook because his faildaughter works there. This is after we found out Russia was loving around there, mind you, so anytime senate Dems get high and mighty about social media electoral tampering or privacy, just remember, Chuck isn’t looking out for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/us/florida-recount.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/SallyQYates/status/1076301082345816064

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump will never find an AG who will not incur his immediate wrath when he doesn’t make all of his problems go away on Day 1. Even if the AG comes into the job genuinely wanting to help Trump get away with all of his crimes he won’t be allowed the time required to be able to do it because Trump is an inpatient baby. It’s part of the reason why no one seems able to touch Mueller.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Catalyst-proof posted:

I love how, when I’m president, all of my work is just a linear stack of binders. And I can go through each one, and then put it in the outbox, like a cartoon of a cubicle worker

Also what loving bills are these. Is there s list of bills that he is supposedly signing today ?

Literally like 25 of them are renaming post offices

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076308614372048897

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CAPS LOCK

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

owns that this is what he's been doing all day

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Why on earth does that need to go to the President?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

They need to be signed like any other Bill.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

apparently these extremely dumb and uncomfortable videos are Bill Shine's big innovation as a media guy lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The constitution says:

quote:

The Congress shall have Power...To establish Post Offices and post Roads

Basically, dealing with post offices is explicitly a job for congress which means messing with them requires a bill to be passed and signed into law by the president

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s a good thing that the Postal Service is so throughly ingrained within the original Constitutional framework because otherwise conservatives would have killed it a hundred years ago. I mean they’re still trying their best to.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Jesus. Just watching the news, I realize that Trump's 'I will take responsibility' thing was ten days ago.

I thought it was two days ago. But time and space have no loving meaning in Trump's America anymore.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Sally "Q" Yates? :tinfoil:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

The constitution says:

Basically, dealing with post offices is explicitly a job for congress which means messing with them requires a bill to be passed and signed into law by the president

Hard-coding that into the constitution was .... maybe not their best idea.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm certain they've all been piling up too because he can't even be bothered to take a few seconds to scribble on some paper when the cameras aren't on.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s a good thing that the Postal Service is so throughly ingrained within the original Constitutional framework because otherwise conservatives would have killed it a hundred years ago. I mean they’re still trying their best to.

If only they'd heard of health care more advanced than amputations and midwifery.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm certain they've all been piling up too because he can't even be bothered to take a few seconds to scribble on some paper when the cameras aren't on.
Even when they are on he tends to wander off

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Actually

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The original text of the constitution pretty clearly pictured a federal government that mostly handled things that were best if they were unified nationwide and left the rest to the states. This was accomplished by explicitly listing the things the federal government should handle. So you get big stuff like the military next to smaller stuff like the post office because if it wasn't on the list then it was state purview.

This isn't really how the government works 250 years later but it explains why the president has to sign every post office rename.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God drat this idiots gonna put 3 lifetime appointees on the supreme court.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The post office is one of those government institutions that's been under a constant barrage of "the government is slow and bad and dumb and stupid and should be defunded!" propaganda pretty much as long as I can remember and yet I've had more bad experiences with private postal carriers than I ever have with the USPS. For that matter I've never had a bad experience dealing with the IRS or DMV either. It's almost as if the Republican party wants to demonize various federal services in an effort to gut them.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

The original text of the constitution pretty clearly pictured a federal government that mostly handled things that were best if they were unified nationwide and left the rest to the states. This was accomplished by explicitly listing the things the federal government should handle. So you get big stuff like the military next to smaller stuff like the post office because if it wasn't on the list then it was state purview.

This isn't really how the government works 250 years later but it explains why the president has to sign every post office rename.

The real question is why post offices have names

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

MSNBC is reporting that RBG is already back home and is back to I quote “full RBG workout”

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

cheetah7071 posted:

Postal banking, Postal ISPs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

She literally ruled in a 5-4 decision today. Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ballz posted:

She literally ruled in a 5-4 decision today. Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

Dark comedy outcome: RBG lives for 20 more years, but one of the other justices dies of a heart attack next month.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

MSNBC is reporting that RBG is already back home and is back to I quote “full RBG workout”

I'm wishing her a full and speedy recovery because otherwise Trump is going to replace her with a full-on publicly-confessed pedophile after successfully ramming a rapist on the bench behind her.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The entire Supreme Court gets King Ralph'd.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Dark comedy outcome: RBG lives for 20 more years, but one of the other justices dies of a heart attack next month.

This thought has not escaped me before and I have to occasionally check and see what Breyer is up to.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah people who don't like the USPS, DMV, etc live in places where their services were gutted in the first place.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Somewhere a sweaty trump with a full head of hair is crawling out of a sweatlodge behind a large group of CEO's.

"Oh, can't say... Well, gosh darn it, it is Mexican proof!"

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 22, 2018

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope the FBI is keeping tabs on Phi230 just in case he’s buying tons of fertilizer.

This is one of the reasons we have "Reportable Quantities"

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Stop willing this to be true please.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Does anyone else feel a bit relieved after seeing that Trump's grand idea in his head for the Border "Wall" is the most loving stupid thing imaginable and will now finally die?

Like, you can just slide through his grand master planned "Wall," or climb over it with a blanket and some rope.

Lmao he is so proud of that idea he tweeted it out

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

We need sane borders.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

What if it's all a big understanding and Trump wants to make sure no one steals from defunct bookstores

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1076320964936384512

Thread on info on what sounds like a potential deal? A bit unsure.

edit: this is not a thread but where he started tweeting it i guess, whoops

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:lol:

I love our president.

An avatar/post combo for the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I love that our piss baby president and his dumb staff can't even be bothered to copy and paste some loving Lorem Ipsum to make their fake thing look real.