Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Guys we better step up our organized hate campaign because somehow Polygon got away :ohdear:

Not a lot of games came out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

TheAgent posted:

they're just part of the ongoing campaign of manipulation trying to discredit this good game. pay them no mind

we can go back and try posting like wildstar people used to, with your character level and gear, in order to have any sort of criticism be okayed

you also need to start posts with "I love this game and think the devs are doing a great job, but"

Uh

What?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TheAgent posted:

You also need to start posts with "I love this game and think the devs are doing a great job, but"

This is the funniest part, near every post on their lovely rebbit is formatted like this, you MUST pay lip service to Godd Howard pubah before you're allowed to speak infidel.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Yardbomb posted:

This is the funniest part, near every post on their lovely rebbit is formatted like this, you MUST pay lip service to Godd Howard pubah before you're allowed to speak infidel.

That seems pretty typical of lovers of "insert brand" on the internet.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Guys we better step up our organized hate campaign because somehow Polygon got away :ohdear:

Nah, Polygon is where we herd the shills and the main body of defenders so they can be isolated from the rest of the Internet. Besides, Polygon needed the extra traffic.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Drunk Theory posted:

That seems pretty typical of lovers of "insert brand" on the internet.

Worse than usual though, the brain drained crazies there have long since descended into actual cult behavior, it's nuts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bofast posted:

Nah, Polygon is where we herd the shills and the main body of defenders so they can be isolated from the rest of the Internet. Besides, Polygon needed the extra traffic.

Isn't Polygon the same site that had articles defending insane microtransactions?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Polygon is really schizophrenic on being really good sometimes and absolutely trash sometimes, so probably.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Polygon the website is terrible, Polygon the youtube channel is brilliant

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dragonstoned posted:

From a few pages back but...

I love you

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

TheAgent posted:

you also need to start posts with "I love this game and think the devs are doing a great job, but"

See, but that's the ridiculous part. Not even listing the (many) flaws with the game qualifies the genuine enjoyment for certain posters here. Like, everyone's being self-fulfilling here. The attempts to cast the game solely as magnificent or irredeemable trash are both uninteresting and unfunny. Weird, maybe, but not interesting or funny.

Also: Pip Boy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The game is irredeemably bad and it's funny to point out the many ways it is.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Polygon is really schizophrenic on being really good sometimes and absolutely trash sometimes, so probably.

They hired and then fired the mcelroys so that ought to tell you something

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

How the gently caress do you make a top 50 list for just 2018 games?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Polygon was never exactly great, but once that one Nick guy turned out to be a creep and the McElroys left it's tanking hard, as it should be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok technically Polygon didn't fire the McElroys, they just left after Polygon cancelled all their shows and made whiny internet posts about how humor doesn't sell

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Fallom posted:

Ok technically Polygon didn't fire the McElroys, they just left after Polygon cancelled all their shows and made whiny internet posts about how humor doesn't sell

Justin and Griffin were also founding members, not hired later or anything.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I don't have time to play potter-about crafting games, but New Vegas is mt favourite game so now I'm compelled to follow any games that have the same brand name attached to them, and I have to pretend it's so I can laugh at the trainwreck of a developer and game engine that can barely handle single-player games jumping with both feet into the MMO scene while apparently firing all their PR people because they just keep loving up insanely, but I'm really just hoping to somehow catch a glimpse of New Vegas somewhere in there, like a girl i have a crush on who I know is at the same party as me

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

2house2fly posted:

I don't have time to play potter-about crafting games, but New Vegas is mt favourite game so now I'm compelled to follow any games that have the same brand name attached to them, and I have to pretend it's so I can laugh at the trainwreck of a developer and game engine that can barely handle single-player games jumping with both feet into the MMO scene while apparently firing all their PR people because they just keep loving up insanely, but I'm really just hoping to somehow catch a glimpse of New Vegas somewhere in there, like a girl i have a crush on who I know is at the same party as me

i like pip boy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The pip boy is a party girl.

Reddit Blames Me & Others for Fallout 76 Outrage (My Response): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lUS4xBEMc

lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lmao they're defending the game's honor by issuing debate challenges.

quote:

I challenge any YouTube personality to a debate about Fallout 76 'news'

Hi, my name is Jonny, and quite frankly I am tired of watching reddit's words being taken out of context for the community having criticism of YouTube personalities talking about Fallout, so I am giving a Callout (see what I did there) to see if any of these people would be willing to objectively talk about the issues surrounding the criticisms on both sides of the fence.

The trouble with YouTube (JuiceHead, Upper Echelon, Paragon Hex, TheQuartering, YongYea) is that it is what is considered a one way asymmetrical communication tool with some secondary two way. This means that a content creator can post what they want, but by amassing a following over time they are unable to see differentiating opinions well, or at all, and those opinions are drowned out. This is infinitely more funny because many YouTube personalities get their information from subreddit pages. It is a vicious cycle.

So with everything in mind, I challenge you, YouTube. I will make my account public and stream a debate as long as you would like about Fallout 76 unverified content releases and examples of the YouTube community chasing down negative controversy.

how much more cliche can you get?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Glad to see nerds rushing to defend corporate honor as usual.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 22, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
when you need a 50,000 word essay to try and discredit someone saying "game is bad lol" I think the game, in fact, might be bad

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Magmarashi posted:

Ok, while fair and true that it deserves criticism I was responding to a post about wasting time doing fetch quests in order to learn to boil water, a thing that isn't actually accurate at all, and call me old fashioned but outright lying about something doesn't really equate to criticism

Oh, I'm sorry, was it to boil water with a leaf in, instead?

And you need a different recipe for each kind of leaf you want to boil in that water? And another set if you want to add sugar?

Rinkles posted:

lmao they're defending the game's honor by issuing debate challenges.

how much more cliche can you get?

On one hand, it's cliche. On the other hand TheQuartering is a six foot pile of human excrement molded into humanoid form with the wit and morals of a particularly dim hagfish, so I have a soft spot for criticism of him.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 22, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love this game and think the devs are doing a great job, but it's a big turd and all the poor souls who still play it are deluding themselves

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Not a lot of games came out this year.

perhaps yet 41 of them were better than Bethesdas AAA Fallout 76 featuring pipboy

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

MariusLecter posted:

The pip boy is a party girl.

Reddit Blames Me & Others for Fallout 76 Outrage (My Response):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lUS4xBEMc

lol

Yeah, the fallout 76 subreddit is...uh...something.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
spacedad is that really you

we saw the..tweets.....we feared the worst

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm doing great and I start work next year at a video game company that's not bethesda.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Spacedad posted:

I'm doing great and I start work next year at a video game company that's not bethesda.

Congrats on the new gig!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

mormonpartyboat posted:

one must imagine Pipboyus happy

:hf:

I was thinking about making that reference but I figured it'd be too on the nose.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
guess i was wrong about them fixing the whitesprings robot spawn bug

https://i.imgur.com/izHWdZB.mp4

don't know why or how a game item suddenly popped into the world. spooky stuff happens in the blast zone.

https://i.imgur.com/XRPwx9D.mp4

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Yardbomb posted:

What is it in particular about this busted poo poo game that's inspiring all of these bizarre paranoid manifestos over it? Is it that a massive AAA game finally suffered extremely negative feedback from nearly every source for their bullshit for once?

Because hell, that's something to celebrate if anything.

I think it's because a lot of people have a lot of emotional investment in Bethesda and the Fallout franchise due to good memories of Morrowind and Fallout 1/2 etc so they take the criticism personally.

You don't see people getting defensive over Big Rigs being infamously broken because they don't have the same connection or investment in the developer yet Big Rigs and FO76 are about the same degree of broken poo poo.

Actually, at least Big Rigs had the decency of not charging $60 USD then slapping microtransactions on top under the guise of AAA game marketing.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
CM talking about how no one other than NMA hates the game is hilarious. I've played every PC game of Fallout since the first one and have loved them all despite their bugs and on occasion, stupid gameplay.

And yet, here I am hating the gently caress out of this game even though it has all of the Fallout trappings.

Is it because I hate Bethesda or is it because this game is buggy beyond enjoyable playability? The world may never know.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i have 200 hours in morrowind, and oblivion, 300+ hours each in skyrim, fo3, new vegas, all of which i only stopped playing because after doing all the quests i loaded so many mods on my savegames that they'd become unplayable (which is entirely a hell of my own making). Their writing is bland to bad, the combat is clunky and trivialized in a dozen different ways, the engine falls apart in mostly funny ways (that aren't c2ds) but i still enjoyed my time spent freeroaming and even after having put 180 hours into 100%ing Witcher 3 which entirely shames all of Bethesda's output on basically every level i still remember them fondly for just being shallow yet giant sandboxes of stuff to stumble on (and shoot with arrows/sniperrifles). No, scrap hovering grind doesn't count as "stuff" for me.

the idea of building unwavering, desperately defensive brand/labeling loyalty over that to the point of broke-brain paranoia posting a million times monkey-style is incredibly hilarious to me. If anything you'd think you'd hold that new stuff to way higher standards because you're coming to it with tons of rose-tinted nostalgia. Which is probably why FO4 basically isn't grabbing me at all either.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 22, 2018

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Seedge posted:

Where is it 15 euro?

a few different keysellers have it for €15 or lower

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-fallout-76-cd-key-compare-prices/

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Has https://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/ATOM_RPG_Postapocalyptic_indie_game/ been talked about at all? It's apparently a Fallout 2d game if it were in the Soviet Union.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Donovan Trip posted:

perhaps yet 41 of them were better than Bethesdas AAA Fallout 76 featuring pipboy

What the gently caress came in at 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MEAN MAN SAY BAD THING ABOUT GAME I LIKE. I MAD AT MEAN MAN