Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Hey folks! No new episodes yet, unfortunately :( I just want to drop in and let you all know that playing Survive and Portable Ops still make us wish we were dead, so it'll be a bit until we return to those. With that said We did start playing an XCOM 2 drinking game! I know it's been a while but I know a few of you die hards are still following this thread.

And for you folks I'm making this post. Grace and I are going to be together in November, and we promised this exact thing for over two years now, but this time it's serious. I am :toxx:ing myself, if we don't have at least SIX episodes of Revengeance as a backlog by the end of november, it's Donion Rings for me. I'm getting back to Canada on the 28th so give me the extra two days to unpack and upload. By november 30th I'll prove to someone there's a six episode backlog, because if everything works out, we'll have the whole drat LP done this time :colbert: We're not screwing around for once.

In any case check back in a month or so, we might play more Metal Gear before then but honestly XCOM 2 is way more fun than Survive :saddowns: I don't think anyone can judge me for that.

Looks like Christmas is early this year. Good child soldiers will get spines full of Gatorade in their stocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Danaru posted:

Hey folks! No new episodes yet, unfortunately :( I just want to drop in and let you all know that playing Survive and Portable Ops still make us wish we were dead, so it'll be a bit until we return to those. With that said We did start playing an XCOM 2 drinking game! I know it's been a while but I know a few of you die hards are still following this thread.

And for you folks I'm making this post. Grace and I are going to be together in November, and we promised this exact thing for over two years now, but this time it's serious. I am :toxx:ing myself, if we don't have at least SIX episodes of Revengeance as a backlog by the end of november, it's Donion Rings for me. I'm getting back to Canada on the 28th so give me the extra two days to unpack and upload. By november 30th I'll prove to someone there's a six episode backlog, because if everything works out, we'll have the whole drat LP done this time :colbert: We're not screwing around for once.

In any case check back in a month or so, we might play more Metal Gear before then but honestly XCOM 2 is way more fun than Survive :saddowns: I don't think anyone can judge me for that.

[the moderation team will remember that]

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan no why

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Heyyyy I've been waiting for this to start up again! Take all the time you need :)

Fedule posted:

[the moderation team will remember that]

lmao

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
All I want is for you to get through MGS4.

Also some other 2D game that you can stream as wonderfully as Ghost Babel.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's official, Danaru has finally gone off the deep end :v:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING
guys we actually played revengence omg

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Grace posted:

guys we actually played revengence omg

Prove it!

Man, I miss you guys playing Metal Gear games (which I actually care about, because gently caress acid. )

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

cant cook creole bream posted:

Prove it!

Man, I miss you guys playing Metal Gear games (which I actually care about, because gently caress acid. )
Hey now, Dan and Grace made watching Acid bearable :v:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I can't tell you what a relief that is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Don't party just yet, I have to clean up some issues since Grace's laptop likes to go "YO gently caress THIS THING" and uninstall the microphone drivers mid-recording. We DO have a six episode backlog though, it just features some awkward silences immediately followed by me yelling angrily from across the room.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wouldn't be a danaru lp without a bunch of mic problems :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nalesh posted:

Wouldn't be a danaru lp without a bunch of mic problems :v:

You're not wrong :negative:

In the meantime:

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1067607289014743040

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[img]https://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1].png[/img]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 2 - The Return

:toot: The audio in this episode is pretty bad since the elgato software has an option to automatically lower the game audio when we're talking. It doesn't actually do that! I fix it by the next episode, so bear with the game audio overpowering us a bit.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Me: "I'd better watch episode 1 to refresh my memory. I wonder how long ago that was."

YouTube: "2 years ago."

You know Dan, when I comment about my Just Cause 2 LP having a 4-year hiatus in the middle of it, I'm not bragging about that or anything. It's not something to aspire to.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

CirclMastr posted:

Me: "I'd better watch episode 1 to refresh my memory. I wonder how long ago that was."

YouTube: "2 years ago."

You know Dan, when I comment about my Just Cause 2 LP having a 4-year hiatus in the middle of it, I'm not bragging about that or anything. It's not something to aspire to.

we talk about the time gap in the episode, man the world is a different place than May 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't think I've ever saved that guy without abusing Harmless To Humans stun grenades :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Kevin's voice actor also voiced Vamp, so the vampire lines have layers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Schubalts posted:

Kevin's voice actor also voiced Vamp, so the vampire lines have layers.

I didn't know this, but in hindsight it's perfect :allears:

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 3 - gently caress You, Gun Camera

We fixed the audio a bit and now the game audio is a little too low :confuoot: Also I'm sure some of you are wondering, we did have the TV too low to hear the music very well, but rest assured I sent Grace all the music we've seen so far and he adores it

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Ew, cooties!... I mean, I'm a cool cyborg." Oh Raiden :allears:

I'm glad Grace started to pick up the talent for hand theft, given the fabulous prizes involved.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 4 - Adiós, Amigos

I love how often this game goes from "haha Raiden is such a goofball" to THE SCARIEST poo poo YOU'VE EVER SEEN

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Oh, Raiden is just a regular white guy with platinum blonde hair. If he was albino, his eyes would also be red/pink. :eng101:

e: Yup, Vamp's nanomachines were so powerful that he just couldn't die while they were active. And the handballs are Dwarf Gekko.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 8, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 5 - Friend Orb

"KILLING ISN'T FUN AND GAMES" says local war machine on his way to turn the entire police force into hamburger and assorted computer parts

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You'd think being slapped in the nutsack a dozen times would be enough to take these bargain bin cyborgs down.

The electrocution was a mercy by comparison.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

With the level of subtlety and tact being employed, are we sure this wasn't written by David Cage?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

With the level of subtlety and tact being employed, are we sure this wasn't written by David Cage?

If Markus started leaping in the air and cutting cops in half instead of slow-burning the whole Jesus rebellion thing, everyone would consider Cage a genius. I certainly would, at least

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The other dwarf gekkos were showing you hiding places.

The implication is that Raiden freed the kids after murdering the doctor.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
You can also hi-five them all for a trophy. It's highly recommended.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Fedule posted:

You can also hi-five them all for a trophy. It's highly recommended.

Basically mandatory.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 6 - Dick Closet

Grace kills enough cops that we're probably going to suddenly start having issues crossing the border now

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 16, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
July 16th is panda birthday :buddy:

Danaru posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1].png[/timg]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 6 - Dick Closet

Grace kills enough cops that we're probably going to suddenly start having issues crossing the border now

With a body count that high, everyone will be too scared to gently caress with Grace.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Merry Cam-mas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jujZUruiy8

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 7 - The Episode Where Monsoon Keeps Saying "Memes"

And that's the end of the backlog for now, until May or whenever we see each other next :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"To defeat edgelord, you must become edgelord" - Shang Tsung

My greatest worry was you would not show off Kitty time. My worries were unfounded.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, where, to simplify things considerably, communist rebels called the Khmer Rouge took an army of peasants, often brainwashed and/or underaged, overthrew the government, and then proceeded to go on a killing spree that was brutal even by Cold War Communist state standards.I figure this guy was meant to be one of those fighters.

Edit: fun fact, since I'm reading a book about this. It was official policy of the Khmer Rouge regime that glasses were a bourgeois pretension which no one truly needed, and wearing them was cause to be tossed in a prison camp.

Maybe "fun" wasn't the right word.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 22, 2018

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

This might help with the laptop, but it might be the actual USB port breaking down.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-laptop-usb-port-malfunction

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Survive Episode 9 - Sad Dog Sounds

HOLY poo poo IT'S METAL GEAR SURVIVE!! It took me almost a year to finally sack up and play through this chunk of the game for like the fifth time but I still like this game gently caress you

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My issue with this section is that it's like seeing an Iraqi refugee who kill American soldiers get lectured about how "well they were just there for the healthcare/education costs!" like...okay? But why would he give a gently caress? These people are the invaders responsible for the incursion. Your lecture rings hollow.
I think this was the point, that Sam knows he's being a hypocrite, he's just trying to gently caress with Raiden (and admittedly he succeeds in making Raiden realize he's a killer) but yeah gently caress them and their high horses.

EDIT: So funny story apparently this moment lowers the ranking necessary for Monsoon's alternate line. Normally if you're lower than S Monsoon says "Do as you please!" but if you do get S he starts to plead "No! Stop! Stop it!" At the end not even he takes his philosophy all the way when he meets the truly strong.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 18, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
While justified, it's important to remember that your real enemy is the military industrial complex and the capitalists lobbying to keep the Forever War going on (talking about real life more than Revengeance TBH) because they make all their money by making it so the military is the only place a lot of poor and disenfranchised people can turn to to feed their families. I know a lot of gay/trans folks join the military to escape from their abusive and hateful families because that's literally the only escape our capitalist shithole of a society provides them by design.

Like yeah you should absolutely kill the guy trying to put a machete into your head, but once you're safe you should figure out how to kill the capitalist fucko that put the machete in that guy's hand in the first place. He sees both of you as dollar signs on some paper work, not as human lives.

I'M DRUNK AND MAD ABOUT CAPITALISM EAT YOUR LANDLORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah also admittedly the final boss basically says as much. Sort of.

Danaru posted:

I'M DRUNK AND MAD ABOUT CAPITALISM EAT YOUR LANDLORD

:yeah: :same:

Funny enough I think the only Social Darwinist character I liked was DreadJoker from Megaman Star Force 3 of all places. He genuinely admitted weakness and followed his philosophy to the bitter end. And he even shows up in a dream sequence to encourage Geo to become a true warrior (Geo is a 12 yo boy who in turn tells him to shut the gently caress up, go Geo). Every other character (including ApolloFlame from the same game) of this archetype always turns out to be a hypocrite.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 18, 2019