Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Galvanik posted:

I don't think she wouldn't have bothered swindling a poor person. They'd have nothing to take.

Generally speaking, it's only worth swindling the poor when you can do it to a lot of them all at once. A one on one con like this just isn't worth the effort or the return for anyone but the rich (or the ~~~middle class~~~).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Courtesan lady owns and the old perv deserved it :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
She's literally a sex worker apparently in indentured servitude, not surprising if she takes every opportunity to profit from idiots who forget she's literally paid to be nice to them.

Could be doing a long con on Orochi same as Robin.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Hot take: it's Bentham

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turbl posted:

Courtesan lady owns and the old perv deserved it :colbert:
yeah the moment he said he sold his family I was like "ok this guy deserves what he gets"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Courtesan lady will make a fine addition to the One Class canon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wachter posted:

Hot take: it's Bentham

its bon clay

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

My heart can't take a third self sacrifice for friendship.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

My heart can't take a third self sacrifice for friendship.

A fourth, surely? He had another one in his cover arc.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There is no truer bro than Bon Clay.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

There is no truer bro than Bon Clay.

No truer sis, either.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Luffy couldn't save a single sis.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Luffy and Kidd team up and we see some Devil Fruit Dual Techs.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
I don't find Komurasaki or the old guy blameless. :P Don't scam people, and families are generally not something you want to sell.

The biggest bombshell this chapter is by far that Shanks / his crew cut off someone's arm. I mean I know they killed a dude, but delimbing is still not something you'd expect them to do.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
We the audience have a pretty biased view of Shanks. Since he's pals with Luffy we've only seen his good side for the most part.
We also know he's not the type of guy who actively seeks out conflict.
On the other hand we have Kid a guy who is infamous for torching down entire cities, and generally being an unpleasant person to be around.

He tried starting poo poo with an emperor and got off ONLY missing a limb.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Red-Haired pirates got the first onscreen kill of the series, iirc. They're slow to anger and smarter than they look, but absolutely do not gently caress around.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I might be mistaken here...but wasnt he always 1 armed but we didnt know why? it seemed like he always had one fruit enabled arm they just revealed while he's always had one arm?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
No it was stated he lost his arm during the 2 year timeskip.
You can see both his hands in the scene after the auction house:
https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/504/15

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 22, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mulderman posted:

No it was stated he lost his arm during the 2 year timeskip.
You can see both his hands in the scene after the auction house:
https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/504/15
Not the best example because his missing arm is still hidden, but if you read a couple chapters up, he does have both arms.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Demonicpoodle posted:

I don't find Komurasaki or the old guy blameless. :P Don't scam people, and families are generally not something you want to sell.

The biggest bombshell this chapter is by far that Shanks / his crew cut off someone's arm. I mean I know they killed a dude, but delimbing is still not something you'd expect them to do.

I mean, there's nothing about this that suggests it was some deliberate, sadistic punishment rather than a natural consequence of crossing blades with an Emperor's crew. Shanks was a rival to Mihawk - is it really a surprise that going up against him might be hazardous to your limbs?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey man shanks is missing an arm. maybe his crew views dismemberment a sign of endearment now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
So, here's a wacky idea....what if shanks took kids left arm...to replace his own missing left arm?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Julias posted:

So, here's a wacky idea....what if shanks took kids left arm...to replace his own missing left arm?

No, this is not Naruto.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
The guy was horrible for selling his assets and his family until we know she has a power. It's very likely, though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can kid’s severed arm still use magnetism

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

oddium posted:

Theoretically, it should. Like, if you cut off luffy's arm, I doubt it would stop being rubber.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I always thought enel should have been the one to pull out some b-fields.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Lpzie posted:

I always thought enel should have been the one to pull out some b-fields.

I'm having trouble remembering if there's any reason to say that he can't. If you can just fry everything with lightning, trying to go after the little bit of metal that was up there would be a waste. But yeah, fine enough control over electricity would be like having indirect magnetic powers.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the reason is the author.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Lpzie posted:

the reason is the author.

So an SBS?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCc7UiIzdg one piece world seeker opening

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no, his brain.....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oddium posted:

isn't that how he had an arm before kaidou wrecked him?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jose posted:

isn't that how he had an arm before kaidou wrecked him?

He lost his arm before that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I know. He had an arm full of metal against kaidou that he was using his magnetism for

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i mean like. his factual human arm that was presumably severed and not destroyed somehow. is it out there doing magnetics. is it making a metal kid to attach itself to

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oddium posted:

i mean like. his factual human arm that was presumably severed and not destroyed somehow. is it out there doing magnetics. is it making a metal kid to attach itself to

i hope so

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think kid's severed arm is liquid snake, no

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
does kid have nanomachines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm gonna come out and say that the severed arm does not have powers and is probably just rotting