Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Indecisive posted:

Who plans their schedule that their bus needs to be perfectly on time? What bus is ever on time?

There's accounting for traffic by giving yourself some extra time, and there's completely unpredictable events like your driver just leaving the bus. If your taxi driver gets out of the car to help someone else for 20 minutes, it's no different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

who gives a gently caress about any of this bus poo poo that didn’t even happen

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Indecisive posted:

Who plans their schedule that their bus needs to be perfectly on time? What bus is ever on time?

gently caress directly off with this.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Zzulu posted:

Can we get some brutal memes up in here to break up all teh sweetness

I got a couple things that're kinda both. Best I can do.

I feel that maymays and macros don't generally lend themselves to being all that "brutal" tbh.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1fjIh2rHk

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Bus driver good

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

lol at all you ignorant jaded fucks trying to justify your selfish asses like you're more important than anyone else on this earth. HOW DARE MY BUS SLAVE LEAVE HIS SEAT

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Indecisive posted:

lol at all you ignorant jaded fucks trying to justify your selfish asses like you're more important than anyone else on this earth. HOW DARE MY BUS SLAVE LEAVE HIS SEAT

But all their moms are simultaneously dying at the hospital!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Heath posted:

gently caress directly off with this.

and seriously what the gently caress is your post even, like how dare I insinuate that a bus might not be a reliable way to get somewhere in a timely manner

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

what if they were stuck in traffic anyway?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Indecisive posted:

and seriously what the gently caress is your post even, like how dare I insinuate that a bus might not be a reliable way to get somewhere in a timely manner

Because it's the case that more often than not, by a long shot, busses are on time and when they aren't it's because of extrinsic factors like traffic accidents, not because the driver went derelict in their duties. Public transportation is an insanely valuable public good that gets constantly undermined by shitheads who don't have to depend on it to get to work and to wherever they need to go.

Secondly there is literally no evidence that the picture is depicting what it says it is, almost certainly didn't happen (how would a bus driver even know, from traffic, why or even if the little girl was crying in the first place?)

Bus drivers are hard-working people who put up with a lot of poo poo for frankly not near enough recognition for doing the job they're paid to do, they don't need you going around perpetuating the notion that public transportation is generally unreliable so you can warm your heart with a dipshit r/upliftingnews meme that was probably made up wholesale in the first place by the voyeur who took the photo and slapped a caption on it

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Indecisive posted:

Yeah especially when the drivers keep getting off to star in heartwarming memes

At this point you're about two steps from saying that the kind of people who ride buses should pull their pants up if they want to be taken seriously, dude is narrative-explicitly stranding his (likely poor) passengers for twenty minutes because he saw someone being sad

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Somfin posted:

Yeah especially when the drivers keep getting off to star in heartwarming memes

At this point you're about two steps from saying that the kind of people who ride buses should pull their pants up if they want to be taken seriously, dude is narrative-explicitly stranding his (likely poor) passengers for twenty minutes because he saw someone being sad

I'm the kind of people who rides the bus so be careful what you insinuate, I also don't cry when it's late or someone in a wheelchair has to get on and it takes a while

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Thank's for bringin it home

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You know who else rode a bus? Hitler. And I'm all for making Hitler's bus ride to the E.R. late

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Dec 22, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Take the slightly earlier bus if it's a big deal

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Whole lotta folks ITT pretending to be too clever for things like "self care". This isn't 2009 GBS anymore, being edgy isn't cool. There's so much good in the world, and I feel sorry for anyone who denies themselves any of it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Peanut Butter posted:

Whole lotta folks ITT pretending to be too clever for things like "self care". This isn't 2009 GBS anymore, being edgy isn't cool. There's so much good in the world, and I feel sorry for anyone who denies themselves any of it.

Being edgy is a form of self care

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm so edgy I'm just a circle.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Can we please post some wholesome communism memes to counteract Indecisive's incredibly bourgeois posts?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The meme thread isn't where I would expect to see someone dying on a lovely hill, but here we are.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

bike tory posted:

Being edgy is a form of self care

Who draws in this style? They made this one with a druid milking a seagull and I need to see this person's other work

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Three different ornate chests, this dude is definitely gay
There's only one chest in that picture.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Who draws in this style? They made this one with a druid milking a seagull and I need to see this person's other work

Are you thinking of Chris (Simpsons Artist)?

This fella:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

i've saved many a squirrel from tire related death and this dude still hasn't shown up. Either it's fake or I haven't seen my darkest hour yet. I'm not sure which i should be more worried of.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The most wholesome Tim and Eric sketch

Wanna meet all those dads

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

DiggityDoink posted:

i've saved many a squirrel from tire related death and this dude still hasn't shown up. Either it's fake or I haven't seen my darkest hour yet. I'm not sure which i should be more worried of.

My bus driver stopped to let a squirrel cross the road. Sadly, most of the passengers were UN delegates on their way to negotiate urgent de-escalation talks between Saudi Arabia and Yemen. They got there moments too late and thousands of innocent lives were lost as a result.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm starting to miss when Randaconda just posted gross racist poo poo.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

rodbeard posted:

I'm starting to miss when Randaconda just posted gross racist poo poo.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Somfin posted:

The most wholesome Tim and Eric sketch

Wanna meet all those dads

and that one is actually real too :3:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Elevator Screamer posted:

My bus driver stopped to let a squirrel cross the road. Sadly, most of the passengers were UN delegates on their way to negotiate urgent de-escalation talks between Saudi Arabia and Yemen. They got there moments too late and thousands of innocent lives were lost as a result.

gently caress. This post is almost as cursed as the Three Olives re-reg that posted on this page.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm enjoying the plot twists in this thread recently

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3BFzSD6YY

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm always down for guillotine chat but I really don't think pictures of grandmas doing sweet stuff is part of what makes children in Africa starve.

I have to say that i like the few "people who buy winrar are mega rich" memes i've seen.

I had to go back and quote this post becausee I had been thinking about it the whole day.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

:smith: I wonder what it's like to get this kind of support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Is the kid playing with the bleach a photoshop?