Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Anyone know why I can't use a shaper scarab on a Shaper Stronghold map? Still tells me it needs the right influence for some reason.

Shaper strongholds don't count as shaper influence. They're just map objectives. Unless I'm misremembering, you can't use a bestiary scarab on a map with the bestiary objective etc either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey, can I get an invite to the guild if/when there's space? Character name is Kwanita.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bugsy posted:

You you can do some dumb poo poo with it. Not mine.

This is wrong.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

TheRat posted:

Anyone else have the impression Chris has had a permanent erection since blizzcon?

I heard Einhar say "do you not have any nets, Exile?" so... yeah, he definitely does.

Lord Zuthulu
Jun 29, 2006
Zuthulu want more brownies - NOW!
I am hoping to get some crafting advice on this. I'm a CI HOWA occultist and would likely use what I make here...

Was debating locking prefixes and trying to annul the int to then switch to multi mod and add the str+quality suffix and life+es prefix & it'd be flexible for other good crafts.
or I can block a 3rd suffix with a craft and try to ex the es+life/es+stun. But getting life or reflect would ruin it though I can then do the str/quality craft and should have decent es after some divines. The int isn't wasted on me either though it'd be kinda disappointing to keep it.

Leaning towards the first option but really don't want to annul the underground mod. Though if I did I'd then annul the int and can still multicraft int+quality, str+quality and es life...

So any advice?

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Maybe it's too cautious for you but I'd divine it to 630 ES or so, craft hybrid %ES, and Leo-slam it. The int roll isn't great but it's something like 100 ES versus 150-200 for quality, end result.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Also you're howa, you kind of want int everywhere you can get it so it's not like it's a dead mod

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey if you're running maps for full atlas completion do you just run maps as they drop or wait until you have a couple of a tier together first? Yellow maps were easy but red ones are still kind of a bitch

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Might not be optimal but I just run as I find maps, use trade if you get stymied

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How does elementalist node Beacon of Ruin actually work? Specifically the "shocks from your attacks always increase damage by at least 20% part". I know that for a shock to actually apply, the hit needs to do at least 0.2% of the target's max life (resulting in a 1% shock). So does Beacon of Ruin mean that if the hit does at least 0.2% of max life, it will apply a 20% shock? Or does it mean that a hit of any amount of damage (even just 1) will always apply shock?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Fister Roboto posted:

How does elementalist node Beacon of Ruin actually work? Specifically the "shocks from your attacks always increase damage by at least 20% part". I know that for a shock to actually apply, the hit needs to do at least 0.2% of the target's max life (resulting in a 1% shock). So does Beacon of Ruin mean that if the hit does at least 0.2% of max life, it will apply a 20% shock? Or does it mean that a hit of any amount of damage (even just 1) will always apply shock?

the latter. its really good. and its increased by shock effect. you can hit 40% shocks with a bit of investment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh OK that owns. So that means that with the prerequisite node Shaper of Desolation and +100% shock duration (so it lasts 4 seconds), I should be able to keep anything permanently shocked?

I knew elementalist was good now but I had no idea how good.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Has anyone found some solution for the latency spikes/freezing in this league? It's driving me crazy. Fairly sure it's on their end though, as my actions get completed after the freeze/spike in a very compressed time-frame, like it's catching up.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Locator posted:

Has anyone found some solution for the latency spikes/freezing in this league? It's driving me crazy. Fairly sure it's on their end though, as my actions get completed after the freeze/spike in a very compressed time-frame, like it's catching up.

As far as I can tell you basically just have to wait it out when it happens and hope you don't win the lag lottery today.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Locator posted:

This always happens when you lag on lockstep. That alone cannot in any way suggest it's on their end or yours, all you can say for sure is that it's network related.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
What is lockstep?

Lightning Knight posted:

Did they fix Delve? Do you get azurite worth a poo poo now?

Yeah, it feels a lot better now. Sulphite still seems harder to come by but overall it feels much more like it did last league.

McFrugal posted:

I'd say 30-40c? The one at 2ex has an elder mod on it, and the 50c one has more aspd which is the most important stat I think. The one at 1ex is overpriced.

aspd? Attack speed?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

you can change your networking type from lockstep to predictive, predictive solves the stutters if you are getting lag spikes over 100ms every so often. Predictive can lead to desync sometimes but as long as you dont have really bad lag you wont feel it

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

you can change your networking type from lockstep to predictive, predictive solves the stutters if you are getting lag spikes over 100ms every so often. Predictive can lead to desync sometimes but as long as you dont have really bad lag you wont feel it

I'll try this, thanks.

In the meantime, it appears that my cable modem is taking a poo poo, as the speed when it's freshly booted is 50mb/s (which is about what I'm paying for) but after a session in the game it's down to 3mb/s or less... so I ordered a new one. About time to upgrade to 3.1 anyway I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Anyone else have the impression Chris has had a permanent erection since blizzcon?

It has without a doubt been the best advertising path of exile has ever received and for free no less, then add in the immortal coincidence.

It was watching your only genre competition shoot themselves in the dick and then having their audience run over to you.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I got a poets pen from the einhar unique wand recipe this morning. :unsmith:

I am less than 100c from buying a 6L loreweave now.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

nerox posted:

I got a poets pen from the einhar unique wand recipe this morning. :unsmith:

I am less than 100c from buying a 6L loreweave now.

I remembered I unlocked that recipe last night and now have a shiny new Moonsorrow. My lawyers will contact you.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

aspd? Attack speed?

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It has without a doubt been the best advertising path of exile has ever received and for free no less, then add in the immortal coincidence.

It was watching your only genre competition shoot themselves in the dick and then having their audience run over to you.

I get the feeling that this league was meant to be 4.0 and it was going to have to compete with Diablo 4 but, uh, then blizzard shot themselves in both feet with a loving cannon.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Vortex/Cold Snap CI Occultist is one of the smoothest, cheapest characters I've ever played. My gear is dogshit, I'm still not wearing real body armor at level 88, and I haven't even bothered to put gems in a bunch of my slots. Like I've put zero effort into this character and I'm crushing red maps and uber lab

I started this because I like the words "cheap" and "zero effort." Which bandit did you pick?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Are people just doing whatever strikes their fancy with the beast crafting?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Are people just doing whatever strikes their fancy with the beast crafting?

They simplified it so that each red beast only works in one recipe, so there's no reason not to go crafting all the uniques you can

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah just do everything. It's so wonderful not having to cross check every beast recipe

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Polka_Rapper posted:

I started this because I like the words "cheap" and "zero effort." Which bandit did you pick?

if you import his character into PoB you can see it: Alira

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if you import his character into PoB you can see it: Alira

Huh, when I imported it I was told the bandit choices could not be imported. I was going to go for her anyway, but it's good to know that's the correct choice.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys new player here.

I have kind of a dumb question. Is there a way to use more than 1 scroll of wisdom/orb at a time? Right now I right click the orb i want to use and then click on the item. But then I have to reclick the orb to use it again or on something else. Is there a better way?

And to throw in a new players perspective on trading (I have trade macro and use POE trade). I have tried to price things right but honestly most of the time I can't really tell whats an OP rare from an okay one, like yall say the price checker isn't super reliable for actual gear. Because of this and general trade friction. The 1 c dump tab is a mighty tempting option.

For your amusment: I accidentally used a vaal orb right away in tinys trial.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I've dumped like 10ex into my GC miner in the last couple days and don't feel any stronger for it, lol.

I have another 6ex banked and was planning to buy an unnatural instinct for fun, but now I'm getting the itch to roll something new. Maybe CI occultist since I've never played either CI or occultist.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Citcon posted:

Hey guys new player here.

I have kind of a dumb question. Is there a way to use more than 1 scroll of wisdom/orb at a time? Right now I right click the orb i want to use and then click on the item. But then I have to reclick the orb to use it again or on something else. Is there a better way?

And to throw in a new players perspective on trading (I have trade macro and use POE trade). I have tried to price things right but honestly most of the time I can't really tell whats an OP rare from an okay one, like yall say the price checker isn't super reliable for actual gear. Because of this and general trade friction. The 1 c dump tab is a mighty tempting option.

For your amusment: I accidentally used a vaal orb right away in tinys trial.

hold shift

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Papercut posted:

I've dumped like 10ex into my GC miner in the last couple days and don't feel any stronger for it, lol.

I have another 6ex banked and was planning to buy an unnatural instinct for fun, but now I'm getting the itch to roll something new. Maybe CI occultist since I've never played either CI or occultist.

Yeah I did this on my CI vortexer and ended up liquidating most of it. I think I want to do Apep/Incandescent so I've shelved her until I have a few more ex again.

Losing Profane Bloom was rough.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

If you had a weapon that had the chance to deal double damage, and you were doing heavy strike, does that stack for a closer chance to do double damage, or would you multiple the two percentages to see your chance to do quad damage?

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013

Polka_Rapper posted:

Huh, when I imported it I was told the bandit choices could not be imported. I was going to go for her anyway, but it's good to know that's the correct choice.

2 skill points is probably better than 15 resists plus a little mana regen. Not that big a deal though.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ThermosAquaticus posted:

2 skill points is probably better than 15 resists plus a little mana regen. Not that big a deal though.

The reason you pick Alira is usually for the crit chance.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Well exactly. Cold DoT occultist is Ele Overload.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Arrhythmia posted:

The reason you pick Alira is usually for the crit chance.

isn't it crit multi

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Yes, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah.

+15 resist all is really helpful for gearing, basically a free ring or amulet suffix.