Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Noctone posted:

Also dunno if anyone cares to see them or not but I still play BF4 occasionally and these are a few of the sicker RPG shots I’ve hit this week:

https://streamable.com/uftnc
https://streamable.com/so0yx
https://streamable.com/ajpx6

BF4, the last good battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Good gaming, butts

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm fully on board with the drilling, its amazing. Grafting what is basically a martini henry on a double barrel is a dream.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The BF coins system for cosmetics starts January 13th. Already people are freaking out about micro transactions even though everyone knew that they were gonna charge for cosmetics like, four months ago.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also who cares

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*drops 300 dollars on gun stocks and facepaint*

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got my favourite gun/skin combo with company points, the M30 Drilling with blued set and I don't care about microtransactions because I can get the content I want (weapons/maps) for free just by playing so is fine.

If anyone wants to spend hundreds on cosmetic stuff, sure why not, they do on games that it doesn't affect gameplay at all like in The Division, R6 Siege and so and no one cares.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'll buy a katana if/when they add those to the store.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

lambskin posted:

I'll buy a katana if/when they add those to the store.

Be the katana wielding female German frontline soldier that infuriates the internet.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
What's the chances DICE will give other recon rifles the 2x scope? I'd love it on the Model 8 with that sexy fast fire rate.

Maybe I'm off base but the 1906 is just pretty meh overall. The only thing it has going for it is the 2x scope and able to reload using a strip clip when out of ammo.

Beach Party fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 22, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The selbslater is not as good as the assault gift of ribery, or support gift of shotgun

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The ribeye is no joke. I stopped playing bf one before it was added, I think, because all I can recall is hellreigel everywhere, but I immediately took to this gun over all the other assault rifles. Meanwhile, medic remains my least played class for the first time in a battlefield (not counting recon)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Maybe when it’s ranked up it’s better, but the bf1 shotgun barely does any damage past living room distance.

Drilling is far better.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Anyone on PS4 not doing Xmas stuff come shoot some mans.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

Anyone on PS4 not doing Xmas stuff come shoot some mans.

I'm away, I'm afraid, on Christmas business.
:(

Out of town til Wednesday

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Harvest the noobs.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Thinking about picking this up on sale for 30 bux. I've heard a lot of negative buzz, but I really enjoyed battlefield back In the 1942 days. I've only played on PC but it's not an option now. What's the goon consensus on this game?

I feel like I'm burning out a little on call of duty and looking for something more tactical than that but isn't as serious or unforgiving as counter-strike.

What's the best way to play with goons. Everyone on my friends list is from monster hunter, madden or blops....

Please link discord or meta tag?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 25, 2018

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Waroduce posted:

Thinking about picking this up on sale for 30 bux. I've heard a lot of negative buzz, but I really enjoyed battlefield back In the 1942 days. I've only played on PC but it's not an option now. What's the goon consensus on this game?

I feel like I'm burning out a little on call of duty and looking for something more tactical than that but isn't as serious or unforgiving as counter-strike.

What's the best way to play with goons. Everyone on my friends list is from monster hunter, madden or blops....

The game is really fun. Some stuff is a bit janky right now, but they’re ironing stuff out pretty fast. I highly recommend it.

Do you have Xbone or PS4?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

The Bananana posted:

The selbslater is not as good as the assault gift of ribery, or support gift of shotgun

it passes the low, low bar of being the best SLR if only because it has a very good 2x scope.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Julius CSAR posted:

The game is really fun. Some stuff is a bit janky right now, but they’re ironing stuff out pretty fast. I highly recommend it.

Do you have Xbone or PS4?

I am playstation same name as here please shower me with friends

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Waroduce posted:

Metatags aren't really a thing anymore now that consoles have unlimited friend lists. Just post your PSN/Xbone tag and people will add you.

Game's good right now but just a little bit short on maps and content. That will change as time goes on though, and all new stuff is free. I'd definitely recommend it at $30.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Playstation. Same name as here please shower me with friend requests

Psn: waroduce

Games installing will be on around 7pm est. I'm assuming the minimum install doesn't let me drop into multiplayer.

Please post good noob tips/loadouts

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

FastestGunAlive posted:

Meanwhile, medic remains my least played class for the first time in a battlefield (not counting recon)

Same here. I can't stand SMG's and there's no alternatives for the class. :(

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beastie posted:

Harvest the noobs.

I took a break from harvesting noobs and being harvested by them to watch some Jean claude van Johnson. Will go back on later, need to blow up a tank to get the selblaster.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I know I needed a break from gaem....

Especially for the holidays...

But i...

I want to battlefield.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Bananana posted:

I know I needed a break from gaem....

Especially for the holidays...

But i...

I want to battlefield.

What's your PSN? I'll be on in about 40mins or so when it finishes downloads

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Waroduce posted:

Join the BUTT platoon. There's usually like 3-8 people playing most evenings and weekends

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Fool of a took!

I'm away from the ps4.

No gaming for a few days

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Requested to join battle goons I will try to figure the platoon thing

E: wow 0 goons playing right now according to community.....nice

I can find no BUTT platoon....

Also my download included battlefield 1, 4 and v. I'm currently in 5. Does platoon matter per battlefield?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 26, 2018

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lol :dice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnw6tQBK2uU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
oops i did it again

https://streamable.com/0qald

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

?

It looks like you missed a bunch of shots then you swivelled and tried to shoot him with your gun barrel wedged into the ground.

Notice how the bullets connected fine after you tilted up slightly.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yeah that's not netcode, that's the dumb thing where sometimes you shoot the rock/wall/whatever right in front of you even though it looks like your gun is pointed over it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I see what you mean, you can see some scraps of rock flying. I missed the first few shots as he was running down the slope, but it looked like I got a good 5-6 shots on him as he crested the ridge, which I guess hit the invisible rock instead? And then after my reload, the rapid shots were sped up - I wasn't pulling the trigger that fast. So it just looked like really bad lag to me. And then there was the guy's twin who came up behind, no idea where he came from!

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Waroduce posted:

Playstation. Same name as here please shower me with friend requests

Games installing will be on around 7pm est. I'm assuming the minimum install doesn't let me drop into multiplayer.

Please post good noob tips/loadouts

I'll be back on tomorrow probably. PSN: Warugado.

I'd say don't run around like a headless chicken until you have a better idea of the map layouts and general hiding spots people like. Otherwise you'll just die a lot and get frustrated.

Also squad members can revive each other no matter the class. Medics can revive everyone though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Maybe it's just my imagination, but pubbies seem a lot more organized in this game. Infantry squads heavily defend armor, and squads seem to stick together more. Armor seems a lot harder to take down compared to BF1. I haven't unlocked the Support anti tank grenade launcher, but the Assault rocket launcher is pretty weak, and with only 2 shots you'd be lucky to even damage a track. To do any significant damage, you need to be very accurate, and isn't a very accurate weapon. So far I haven't found any good tank traps for AT mine placement, but that might just be down to learning the maps. Tank lords are a lot more cagey so far from what I've seen, and self repair from inside pretty much renders solo anti tank warfare pretty much useless.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

*Misses a few shots then shoots the ground a bunch of times.* "NETCOOOODE":argh:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

*Misses a few shots then shoots the ground a bunch of times.* "NETCOOOODE":argh:

Yeah I know, I see it now. Invisible ground*, not lag. But it looked like lag at the time.
I can change the title of the video if you want, and edit the post so I say "lol me" instead.

*I guess since the reticle is actually an inch or so above the barrel, at short distance like that, you could see a target in the reticle while the barrel is in the dirt, which is what looks like happened.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 26, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe it's just my imagination, but pubbies seem a lot more organized in this game. Infantry squads heavily defend armor, and squads seem to stick together more. Armor seems a lot harder to take down compared to BF1. I haven't unlocked the Support anti tank grenade launcher, but the Assault rocket launcher is pretty weak, and with only 2 shots you'd be lucky to even damage a track. To do any significant damage, you need to be very accurate, and isn't a very accurate weapon. So far I haven't found any good tank traps for AT mine placement, but that might just be down to learning the maps. Tank lords are a lot more cagey so far from what I've seen, and self repair from inside pretty much renders solo anti tank warfare pretty much useless.

Grab ammo from a station and suddenly assault has 3 panzerfausts.!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yeah three panzerfausts + three dynamites is usually enough to do the job. Anti-tank grenade helps too. Definitely possible to solo a tank: https://streamable.com/ed7wk