Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Neat. Especially since I got stack wiped in this crusade. :lol:

Not neat, I won't be inheriting Leon after all. :(

The road to Hispania will be more difficult than anticipated. I only had three legitimate girls and I foolishly didn't matrilineally marry the second. She had a son and the elder didn't. She just inherited Leon. So, I'm going to have choose one of my legion of bastards son's to inherit me instead, or I'll end up losing the game. <_<

Map pre-crusade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rumda posted:

Well they have just hired ofaloaf

They did? That's fantastic news! Congrats Ofaloaf!

I would love to see After the End integrated into CK2 as an official scenario now that they have shattered world and random world support.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

binge crotching posted:

They did? That's fantastic news! Congrats Ofaloaf!

I would love to see After the End integrated into CK2 as an official scenario now that they have shattered world and random world support.

That'd be a super cool way to sunset ck2. Add in extra oddball scenarios like that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It should end with CK2 - Judgement Day where when the game times out, or during a random chain of events that can trigger, signs of your religion's biblical apocalypse start happening. It all culminates with world ending battle against evil supernatural hordes with Jesus himself returning, or armies of dead Norse faithful characters returning as free retinues for Norse characters, etc.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

If you play as the Aztecs and don't click the sacrifice decision on the solstice, the sun should go out.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It should end with CK2 - Judgement Day where when the game times out, or during a random chain of events that can trigger, signs of your religion's biblical apocalypse start happening. It all culminates with world ending battle against evil supernatural hordes with Jesus himself returning, or armies of dead Norse faithful characters returning as free retinues for Norse characters, etc.

And after the final scenario, one possible outcome is the world breaks using random world tool and a new after the end type scenario begins

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
I'm encountering a weird bug in the game I was discussing earlier (Ironman custom empire of Italia formed from a Matilda 1066 start). My new emperor had the pope demand a whole duchy's worth of lands; I scoffed and instituted free investiture (I have two empire titles, custom and Italia) on one of the two empire titles (the other didn't have the option). I have free investiture for sure, the pope shows the -30 opinion malus for adopting it, and he excommunicated my rear end about two weeks later. I planned to just make an antipope and chain-assault him right into the Vatican, but for some reason it won't let me form one---since it says that I don't have free investiture on the Religion tab button to create it on my archbishop with 100 opinion of me and like 38 opinion of the pope. I double-checked, I definitely have free investiture...but sometimes randomly one of my many king titles says it's set to Papal. When I change it over again, it makes no difference...the game is convinced I have papal investiture for antipope purposes but free investiture as far as every disadvantage is concerned. Very frustrating...anyone know if I'm somehow doing this wrong or if it's a known bug?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Neat. Especially since I got stack wiped in this crusade. :lol:

What's that pale green realm taking up most Greece and Hungary?

poo poo yeah. Give me a game rule where either only the apocalypse for the religion with the highest moral authority happens, a random religion's apocalypse happens, or they all happen. :black101:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

poo poo yeah. Give me a game rule where either only the apocalypse for the religion with the highest moral authority happens, a random religion's apocalypse happens, or they all happen. :black101:

Hell yeah, want to see Jesus and Muhammad fighting back to back, surrounded by frost giants

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Goon Danton posted:

Hell yeah, want to see Jesus and Muhammad fighting back to back, surrounded by frost giants

Due to a programming oversight, Christian Jesus and Muslim Jesus show up and everyone just takes it in stride because they have bigger concerns

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Just got horse Lord's and reapers due, what are the cool guy nomad starts

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Magyars, 867

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well the Hellenic secret society just dissolved in my Greek game. Though I keep making the same mistake of straining to push my kids to convert them to Hellenism, and even though it says only 10% they become your rival and get zealous, I've gotten that result all 5 times that event popped up. :negative: At least all the Hellenic communities I prepared in my provinces stayed. Also converting people is insanely hard, even looking up the right way to do the events, they still say no most of the time.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 21, 2018

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That sounds amazing!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eimi posted:

Well the Hellenic secret society just dissolved in my Greek game. Though I keep making the same mistake of straining to push my kids to convert them to Hellenism, and even though it says only 10% they become your rival and get zealous, I've gotten that result all 5 times that event popped up. :negative: At least all the Hellenic communities I prepared in my provinces stayed. Also converting people is insanely hard, even looking up the right way to do the events, they still say no most of the time.

As someone in the thread previously pointed out, this is because it's genuinely broken. It does not work properly at all for any secret religions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874093&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post490637104

Fix here

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

What's that pale green realm taking up most Greece and Hungary?

Give me a game rule where either only the apocalypse for the religion with the highest moral authority happens, a random religion's apocalypse happens, or they all happen. :black101:

HRE rules Hungary.

Some nomads took over Walachia, Bulgaria and Greece. They're orthodox christians.

That would be awesome

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Eimi posted:

You need to go on a full tyranny spree. Revoke the titles of your non-hellenic vassals, then invite commanders/nobles/holy men to spawn courtiers who are hellenic, and land them. Also, get your kids killed and pump out new ones who will start with hellenic as their religion when they're born.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Midnight Voyager posted:

As someone in the thread previously pointed out, this is because it's genuinely broken. It does not work properly at all for any secret religions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874093&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=59#post490637104

Fix here
That fixes the targeted induction; the thing with forcing your kids to join and the tooltip being radically wrong is a different issue I posted about a little earlier on the page.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Well I somehow become the Emperor, which isn't exactly what I wanted, but now there's no way to lose the drat title, so I guess I'm suddenly reforming the Roman empire? This isn't really what I'd wished to do, but c'est la vie. I also went and openly converted. I should've used that trick or tyrany, but :v: Somehow the realm hasn't imploded due to having a Hellenic emperor either.

All hail this glorious fat bastard and his devilspawn heir. I was planning on destroying the Empire and making an Empire of Hellas, just to avoid dealing with the succession laws, but since it's too late for that, if I set my King title to Imperial Succession it will follow the Empire title, right?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Strudel Man posted:

That fixes the targeted induction; the thing with forcing your kids to join and the tooltip being radically wrong is a different issue I posted about a little earlier on the page.

poo poo, well I was close to it. At least it makes secret societies a bit more bearable.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

poo poo, well I was close to it. At least it makes secret societies a bit more bearable.
Hell, a lot more, I'd say. Targeted induction is the main way you spread it.

Annoying that my bug report about it got no response. :|

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ah, so at least it fixes targeting adults even if kids are still messy? That's a hell of a thing. I might restart just because I really didn't want to restore the Roman Empire, and if I can actually convert my court and vassals it will let me be an even more secure cancer from within.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yeah. The kid bug is more of an edge case than a major mechanic; when you try to induct a kid (and people who aren't members of the cult but have the secret faith still get one free attempt at this, when the kid reaches a certain age) they can respond very positively (get secret faith), positively (get sympathy), very negatively (become rival), or semi-negatively (nothing immediately happens). It's in the last of these cases that you get an event allowing you to try again, forcing either the very positive or very negative outcome, and theoretically showing you the chances of each; the problem there is that the displayed chance and the actual chance are both broken in different ways.

But yeah, you should run into that one rather rarely, while targeted induction you do all the time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also earlier in the thread you mentioned that there was a fix needed in order for a Greek reformed Hellenic character to refer to the gods by their proper names. What area in the code do I change?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Line 5185 in events/on_action_events.txt; there's a "hidden_effect = { reformation_god_names_changes_effect = yes }" that's currently commented out. Though I actually left that commented out in my fix mod for now, since the underlying commands it uses are a little broken. When you add the same name for a high god and regular god name, it creates a blank string for the latter that will in fact be used in events (so occasionally you may see "Praise !" where it should be "Praise Zeus!". Also others have said that on a save and reload with the altered god names, all the commas disappear from the list (so if you hover over the religion for info, it'll say the god names are ZeusPoseidonHadesHeraDemeter et cetera).

Figured it best to leave that disabled until they get the hardcoded system working.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Line 5185 in events/on_action_events.txt; there's a "hidden_effect = { reformation_god_names_changes_effect = yes }" that's currently commented out. Though I actually left that commented out in my fix mod for now, since the underlying commands it uses are a little broken. When you add the same name for a high god and regular god name, it creates a blank string for the latter that will in fact be used in events (so occasionally you may see "Praise !" where it should be "Praise Zeus!". Also others have said that on a save and reload with the altered god names, all the commas disappear from the list (so if you hover over the religion for info, it'll say the god names are ZeusPoseidonHadesHeraDemeter et cetera).

Figured it best to leave that disabled until they get the hardcoded system working.

Ah, I see. that is very annoying as I want them to be known by Hellenic names!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Well, you can certainly still do it, and it's mostly functional. Just the issue with the list of god names when you hover over the religion, and the occasional missing string when the RNG picks what should be Zeus.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Starting over worked out very well for me, through strategic war decs I managed to become queen of Greece on my first character. She's 63 and still kicking.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ah gently caress my game rules reset themselves because I messed with shattered world and now threat is re-enabled! gently caress!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hmm, is there any specific faction that will lower the no internal wars law? Obviously without getting myself installed as Emperor. Or a way I can get a favor with the Emperor and lower it that way? They just enacted it and it's really a hamper.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Eimi posted:

Hmm, is there any specific faction that will lower the no internal wars law? Obviously without getting myself installed as Emperor. Or a way I can get a favor with the Emperor and lower it that way? They just enacted it and it's really a hamper.

Yes, if the emperor owes you a favor, you can force him to initiate voting for a law of your choice, which makes it possible to abolish that specific law. And I agree, that specific law is the worst law if you're playing a vassal.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I'm not sure if it's 100% guaranteed, but in my experience a successful "increase council power" demand will also drop the vassal wars law by a notch or two.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So the recent good in my game, the Abbasids just got decadance warred and broken up so I might be able to claim some eastward land. They also unlocked Jihad's but I don't know how as they all seem to still be held by Sunni rulers. The bad, Charlemagne succeeded beyond his wildest dreams and the HRE has France and Italy and Spain. :stonk:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 23, 2018

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Related: is there any way to increase decadence in a Muslim state as an outsider, besides winning wars? Anything possible using seduction, rivarly, anything else?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Best Friends posted:

Related: is there any way to increase decadence in a Muslim state as an outsider, besides winning wars? Anything possible using seduction, rivarly, anything else?

Try to get the biggest shithead in the dynasty on the throne. All sins are good, but Lustful is especially good.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Best Friends posted:

The one I'm interested in "Does this work" is Carousing.

Can you, instead of using antagonize, use the positive influence focus on their country until they're your friend, and then take them carousing with you to become a bad influence on them?

Basically, I'm wondering you can actually be the terrible ungodly influence their propaganda no doubt thinks you already are.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Rumda posted:

Well they have just hired ofaloaf

Gonna call it now: They're gonna make a version of his scenario with the current CK2 map. :v:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Veryslightlymad posted:

The one I'm interested in "Does this work" is Carousing.

Can you, instead of using antagonize, use the positive influence focus on their country until they're your friend, and then take them carousing with you to become a bad influence on them?

Basically, I'm wondering you can actually be the terrible ungodly influence their propaganda no doubt thinks you already are.

No, because

A. You can only invite people in your own realm to carouse
B. Muslims that aren't already Decadent/Hedonist/Drunkard will automatically refuse Carousing invitations
C. Despite what you might imagine, you can't actually get negative traits from other people inviting you to carouse. It's purely positive unless you get eaten by a cannibal or beaten up by a psycho.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Best Friends posted:

Satan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So....while the Karling blob is still hell...I might have been able to take Rome. Is there any way to burn it without being Byzantine/Roman? Because I really want that event. Sadly I see no intrigue decision.

Also I have just been introduced to Threat and wow have I never hated a mechanic as much as I do that one. If I can turn it off, it might just be time for another reroll and to go full Rome.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 24, 2018