Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam wants you to know that feet make the best pillows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
This is my Shnoozl as a tiny kitten

This is my Shnoozl as a handsome young man

And with the comfiest sleep positions

He is the best kitty. Our friends found him and a billion other black and tuxedo cats and kittens and Shnoozie is the fine kitty that my boyfriend and I took home from that mess. Our friends got all of them spayed and neutered and found homes for most of the friendly ones.

A couple months after we took Shnoozl home, our older cat got really sick and we had to put her to sleep. But considering that she made it to just over 19 years, I think that we made the right decision considering how horribly sick she was. But that left our little guy so lonely. So he set off on his kitty mission to fill our home and back yard with all the strays and ferals in the neighborhood.

Now we feed and care for about 10 cats, more or less, and we're involved with the local TNR and trapping community. And since our little guy is so incredibly loving, whenever we catch any cats, they get ALL the shots, not just the standard rabies vaccine. We've only had one mama cat and litter of kittens and are ever vigilant to TNR everyone immediately so that it doesn't happen again. We also had a couple foster kittens that Shnoozl helped us out with. Shnoozl definitely did not want to be alone and he solved that problem in a big way. Every single cat that we care for was brought to us by Shnoozl.

Currently there are 3 cats that sleep inside, but in the winter there are 5 that sleep inside. We go through about 25# of kibble in the summer and about 50# in the winter. We also feed wet food to everyone inside and to any outside cats that look like they could use extra calories. We have an open cat door policy. So long as the kitty behaves and can figure out litter boxes, they are welcome to sleep in our cozy, safe home. Whenever one of the strays or ferals becomes tame enough, we adopt them out to a good home.

And it's all because our cat won't stop finding kitties in need and bringing them to us. We love our little Shnoozie man and respect his kitty mission. I'm kind of amazed by him

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I forgot to mention the best thing of all about Shnoozl. He's also my service animal. I have fibromyalgia now and I have a really hard time remembering anything. One of the jobs Shnoozl does for me is to tell me to take my meds on time every day which helps to keep my pain from becoming totally agonizing. He even sniffs inside my pill bottles to make sure that I take all my meds. If I get it wrong, he grabs my pill bottles and throws them at me until I get it right. He is seriously an amazing cat.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
What a good tux man :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Oh my. :kimchi:

What a precious little man.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

mistaya posted:

Sam wants you to know that feet make the best pillows.

Look at this chubby little lump :3:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

August 14, 2006 to August 25, 2018 is a nice long time to keep me company, Panthro. I'll miss you. :love:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
This is the best thread. I sadly don't have cats of my own right now but I recently looked after my friends' cats while they were on holiday. Meet Blot (left) and Murphy (right):

Blot is the nearly-all-black one. He's getting on a bit now (we don't know exactly but he's probably 14 or 15) and he spends nearly all his time on this chest of drawers because it gets warm by the window:

Murphy is a bit younger at about 10, he's more boisterous and definitely runs the household. He likes to lounge about in the garden:

I tried to teach him about cricket, I'm not sure he really understood. He also very definitely knows when it's breakfast time and will knead you until you give in:

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
This is Zeus (again). We were moving house and he likes to survey his fiefdom.

He's not small, he's just kinda far away.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Introducing The Right Honourable The Chancellor Of The High Courts Geoffrey Basil Morpheus IV, Esq.

My stately son, Basil, who is now four months old. I'm sure he'll grow into the full version of his name.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

crowtribe posted:

This is Zeus (again). We were moving house and he likes to survey his fiefdom.

He's not small, he's just kinda far away.

I think we need further photographic evidence to determine his true size. :eng101:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rokit has been getting on my nerves so I made this stupid video to make me feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhf1msXPRt8

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Jenner posted:

This is Wonton.

I found him in Richmond Virginia where he lives.

As a shop cat at Chop Suey, a book store on Cary Street.

I am loving jealous.

Yes I did rub that belly and he was totally cool with it. :kimchi:

Oh my gosh I've seen this boy! :kimchi: He seems very blase with all the attention he must get at that store.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.

Solitair posted:

Oh my gosh I've seen this boy! :kimchi: He seems very blase with all the attention he must get at that store.

Wonton was still there last I checked (it's been a couple months since the last time I was in Carytown) but he's starting to show his age. Most days he just sits in his bed in the window.

One of these days I have to remember to buy one of the Wonton T-shirts

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Good. Cat.

My cat is carbonated. Oh no.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Wow I must take it upon myself to post blEK KaTZ

Edit: if you don't tell him you love him he will explode 8( (probably from weird hiccups???? He does that...?????????)

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I know it's probably perspective, but that paw looks absolutely massive :3:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Beach Bum posted:

I know it's probably perspective, but that paw looks absolutely massive :3:

Oh ho ho. No. He polydactly. and dey r huge.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

GenericGirlName posted:

Oh ho ho. No. He polydactly. and dey r huge.

Excellent name for an excellent cat.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
This is a black cat post by proxy (Im allergic to everything that can love you back). So my friend Hannah is a huge dog person, and always hated cats as that "dumb animal that cant do anything". That is until her neighbors cat has a full size litter and started selling the kittens for $50 a pop.

The last kitten was still unsold because it had a bad eye infection and both were gooped up and it was a filthy mess. She offered to take the kitten as I quote "You havent taken it to the vet and its just going to die with you". The neighbors only gave it away for free since she pointed out their kids would wake up to a dead kitten soon.

May

Sept

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Gaj posted:

This is a black cat post by proxy (Im allergic to everything that can love you back). So my friend Hannah is a huge dog person, and always hated cats as that "dumb animal that cant do anything". That is until her neighbors cat has a full size litter and started selling the kittens for $50 a pop.

The last kitten was still unsold because it had a bad eye infection and both were gooped up and it was a filthy mess. She offered to take the kitten as I quote "You havent taken it to the vet and its just going to die with you". The neighbors only gave it away for free since she pointed out their kids would wake up to a dead kitten soon.

May

Sept

catte (got) big

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A very handsome cat, glad your friend took care of it :3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rokit getting chomnk

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Margo got a letter!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
He's MOSTLY black :kiddo:

A snazzy kitten collar

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Gonna take more than a few fireworks to disturb Charlie:

and G:

(G's technically called Grumpy because when my sister found him cold and wet in her garden and adopted him he was (understandably) liable to lash out for the first few months. He's totally chilled out now but we haven't come up with a better name for him yet)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gorgeous

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Julio Cruz posted:

(G's technically called Grumpy because when my sister found him cold and wet in her garden and adopted him he was (understandably) liable to lash out for the first few months. He's totally chilled out now but we haven't come up with a better name for him yet)

Grumpy is a good name. My style would be to simply add a ridiculous middle/last name instead of change it because every non-applicable name is great :kimchi:

Unrelated!!!!!!:
What's this??

?

A GIFT!!!!!

(Sorry for the blur but both pics happened milliseconds apart haha. Here's a bonus better pic. Where are his brows??????

)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sleepo beepo

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
This is Pom Pom. Pics are mostly bad because it's very difficult to get the camera to focus on her

End of April as a scrawny kitten

She had to have the tip of her tail amputated (we think because her 'sister' damaged it playing)

Cuddles

Enjoying the sun

Prowling

Getting bigger

Testing some furniture

Today: a huge ball of fluff

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

New cat day tomorrow :toot:

A slinky 11 month Tuxedo lady, currently named Kalinka but I'm considering shortening it to Kali (Kalinka sounds too much like 'clinker', another term for dingleberry). She has only been at the shelter for one day and according to their rules she can only be released after two so I've got to go back.

My last sadly passed at Easter after almost 20 years; she had been deaf and infirm for a long time but not to the extent that she needed to be put to sleep. She just kept going. The period since is the longest I've been sans-chat in my life, but it feels like an eternity since I've had a fully-functioning furball.

This is exactly how Christmas Eve used to feel :D

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Here were my two kittens a few months ago enjoying Amazon packaging material. I think they were about five months old at this point?

Then again a few weeks ago, now about seven months old and also more accusatory.

Also my tuxedo kitten has worked out how to jump atop doors so that she can be The Tallest. She took rather longer to work out how to get down from atop doors.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

Patrat posted:

Also my tuxedo kitten has worked out how to jump atop doors so that she can be The Tallest. She took rather longer to work out how to get down from atop doors.

Just to be clear, that's yowling incessantly until a human rescues her, yes?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

JaneError posted:

Just to be clear, that's yowling incessantly until a human rescues her, yes?

She cries most piteously but often does not wait to actually be picked up off the top of the door. If she really wants to get down she will lure you close with her cries then jump onto your head and use you as a kind of stepping stone to leap back to the floor.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Today I learned that my boy Prince is having heart trouble :( I hope to hear more from the vet soon about keeping a feline cardiac patient.

Edit: We've currently got a diuretic to deal with the thoracic fluid buildup and lower-sodium urinary food, since the Royal Canin Urinary SO apparently has a lot of sodium. We'll see how things play out.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 27, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:stare: + :3:

Anyway, I have a new kitten and her name is Sully (after the Fire Emblem Awakening character), and she is slightly insane, but this morning she slowed down enough for me to get a decent picture of her.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Anyway, I have a new kitten and her name is Sully (after the Fire Emblem Awakening character), and she is slightly insane, but this morning she slowed down enough for me to get a decent picture of her.

Aww, she is adorable, also here is a picture of my actually black cat looking all grown up and majestic.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Will my cat ever grow up and look majestic? Probably, but in the mean time he will bring litter everywhere he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Majestically ruining the garden