Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1076865334861328384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
Now Chris coons is talking about how we have to stay cuz we're about to win. And in a defense of Syria he mentions Russia and China somehow and never says anything about us just letting the kurds die if we leave.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Unrelated:

:siren: You have until December 31st, 2018 to contribute to the 2018 D&D charity/blood drive for an avatar and/or gangtag! :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906

Your incessant plugging has given 25 dollars to refugee causes this day.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
The Dems are so much more disgusting than the gop

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1076866537611554816

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

All my retirement earnings were wiped out and I'm starting to lose my direct contributions, too

They can't lie about the economy anymore

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chilichimp posted:

Your incessant plugging has given 25 dollars to refugee causes this day.

You didn't say which avatar you wanted! :argh:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Four more years of a black president and the prospect of a woman president later and enough American brains were sufficiently broken enough to forget the whole “joke” part while really latching on to the “vile racist” part, and that’s how we got here.

This myth will never die. Trump got a smaller percentage of the white vote than Mitt Romney. There is no ascendant white supremacist movement in this country. What we're seeing is the consolidation of existing racist sentiment politically as well as on social media. The problem is that our country's electoral system is setup to give reactionaries all the tools they need to keep themselves in power.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Everyone should remember that Obama dunking on Trump at WHCD didn’t come out of nowhere but out of years of Trump already pushing racist birther nonsense.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Fallom posted:

All my retirement earnings were wiped out and I'm starting to lose my direct contributions, too

Counterpoint: They can and will as long as their heads remain attached to their bodies.

But yeah, I am in a similar boat and it sucks. But at least I found a new job paying an entire ten bucks an hour, hooray slow slide into oblivion!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

Even if Reality Winner is a gently caress up and sending her to jail was the proscribed legal punishment for her "crime," I think sending her to prison is unjust. She was gonna get drummed out of the government either way which is a harsh enough punishment in terms of her future employability.

I mean, leaking a top secret document should carry the punishment of being fired, fined, and like... what... 6 months in jail? Probation for cooperation and a plea of guilty?

It was literally one document. She shouldn't still be in jail for that, drat skippy.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, leaking a top secret document should carry the punishment of being fired, fined, and like... what... 6 months in jail? Probation for cooperation and a plea of guilty?

It was literally one document. She shouldn't still be in jail for that, drat skippy.

I mean that sort of depends on what you leaked and why. But yeah she really shouldn't be in jail imo, it's really unnecessary.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

You didn't say which avatar you wanted! :argh:

Oh, gimme the gang tag. I'm gonna buy a new Av pretty soon.

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean that sort of depends on what you leaked and why. But yeah she really shouldn't be in jail imo, it's really unnecessary.

Yeah, the worst part about the whole thing is what I already pointed out... the bombshell in that report was already public knowledge. She literally leaked an open secret and is in jail right now... why? She's a political prisoner because Trump needed to "come down hard" on leakers.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
When the democrats get into the house, do they remove the $1.6b originally in the CR? Feels like they should, not sure why they agreed to any in the first place

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fallom posted:

they will lie and lie and lie until the next recession hits

and then they'll scramble to find a narrative to blame it on bill clinton and black people

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sweeper posted:

When the democrats get into the house, do they remove the $1.6b originally in the CR? Feels like they should, not sure why they agreed to any in the first place

They didn't. The CR passed by the Senate includes no additional funding for the border wall.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Chilichimp posted:

They didn't. The CR passed by the Senate includes no additional funding for the border wall.

There is still the 1.6b for “border security” or whatever though, right? Not the wall, but cleaning up the existing fence or some bullshit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Upcoming Trump tweet in 2 months: Recessions start when Dirty Dems get power in the House! They are feeding everyone fake news on our big beautiful sleet slat economy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sweeper posted:

There is still the 1.6b for “border security” or whatever though, right? Not the wall, but cleaning up the existing fence or some bullshit

On Friday, Pence, Mulvaney and Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and adviser, offered Schumer a package that would include roughly $1.6 billion in funding for a border barrier, but no money for new construction. Schumer has not agreed and has instead stuck to his guns on flat funding for the Department of Homeland Security at $1.3 billion for fencing. Republicans have also talked about adding hundreds of millions of dollars more for border security, though Democrats have resisted that as well.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kavros posted:

In a historically regrettable sense, the picture which most perfectly encapsulates the cation "soon"

He looks like he's trying so hard not to cry.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Ah I misunderstood the funding of what bits went where for what, thanks for the link

quote:

“I talked to four Democrats that said: ‘Look, if you just stop calling it the wall, we’re in,’” said Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.).

Lol worthless fucks

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 23, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Typical Pubbie posted:

This myth will never die. Trump got a smaller percentage of the white vote than Mitt Romney. There is no ascendant white supremacist movement in this country. What we're seeing is the consolidation of existing racist sentiment politically as well as on social media. The problem is that our country's electoral system is setup to give reactionaries all the tools they need to keep themselves in power.

america is far more progressive than republicans, the media, or even democrats treat it and you're right the system overwhelmingly favoring white racists casts this narrative that america is a right wing nation. but it is still depressing that at least 60 million americans are racist authoritarians.

unrelated but how come none of them know how to stand like normal people:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1076876005640466432

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Your Taint posted:

He looks like he's trying so hard not to cry.

When you're so mad at being owned by the first black president for being a huge racist that you throw a literal tantrum and run for president to own the libs, but then accidentally win and have your crimes.txt folder exposed by the FBI - that picture.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do these people think taliban spring fully formed from the earth?

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1076872512581988353

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean, when was the last time they were around normal people?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sweeper posted:

That was the first and only olive branch the democrats ever offered and it was rejected immediately by the white house and then the Senate passed a "clean CR" through February.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Didn't his wife just divorce him? That was a quick rebound.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they've been together since he and his wife separated.

she used to be married to gavin newsom and like i've said before that's gotta be the biggest downgrade in dating history.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1076879687392083969

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Trump finally read the letter

edit: what the gently caress beaten by twitter replies

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Groovelord Neato posted:

america is far more progressive than republicans, the media, or even democrats treat it and you're right the system overwhelmingly favoring white racists casts this narrative that america is a right wing nation. but it is still depressing that at least 60 million americans are racist authoritarians.

when desperately trying some kind of myspace angles goes wrong

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1076880256953446401?s=19

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Can the IRS even accept tax forms if it is shut down?

Most likely they are going to be called essential so that the filing season isn't delayed. It already won't start until February because of all the tax law changes and refunds aren't paid until mid February thanks to one of Paul Ryan's laws.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Phoix posted:

Trump finally read the letter

edit: what the gently caress beaten by twitter replies

https://twitter.com/ImpeachBDevos/status/1076881287301029888

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076881816462737408

aware of dog