Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Valentina walking into the workroom each day narrating her outfits :perfect:

Best bit was Gia standing behind awkwardly like "okay i will get my center stage moment next" then nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

I got to the part of the thread before episode 2 started and it's time to watch! I'm on vacation, woke up stupid-early for no reason, and my awesome work buddy who reminds me of Trinity isn't around for me to talk about it to. (sidenote I almost feel guilty for discounting Trinity so much, that girl lives in my head with her comments. "I don't wanna get in the middle of all this bullshit" :same:

- STACYYYYY I missed you
- I'm really really loving Farrah showing her spine and standing up for herself. Her teammates doing the same was sweet too. I gagged at the "forcing storylines" clapback! I'm really pleased she went out on a confident note.
- Gia... girl, if you're gonna try to manipulate people, be good at it. Her behavior reminds me of a dog hiding under a table with its tail sticking out insisting you can't see it. Ugh.

-The second song just seemed... worse. Maybe it was the choreography or something but it was just kind of bad. Also Farrah dancing on the main stage... she's like a weird little action figure and I love it, even if it's objectively bad.
- God I love Naomi so much, her verse made me laugh out loud. I need more of her in upcoming episodes.
- Manila's look and walk was stunning. Definitely my favorite runway look.
- Telenovalentina is a refreshing palate cleanser from all the other stuff. There doesn't seem to be any malice in there for the other girls, she just talks about her feelings, flashes her butt and reads pants.

e: The block of spoiler was kind of annoying

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 22, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So is valentina gonna come out as trans? The nipple blurring was really bizarre otherwise.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

So is valentina gonna come out as trans? The nipple blurring was really bizarre otherwise.

The blurs are always inconsistent on this show. Like they'll blur breast plates if currently being used in drag but won't if it's sitting on a table. But then sometimes they don't blur it when it's being worn. :shrug:

I think Manila's runway last night was the most gorgeous she's ever looked on the show!

e: weird to blur someone not in a breastplate but I feel like I've seen them do it before

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

jit bull transpile posted:

her nipples appeared too female presenting

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just a heads up bbs, episode 3 leaked on WOWPresents+ so there is scalding tea and screencaps for next week floating the internet.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

The blurs are always inconsistent on this show. Like they'll blur breast plates if currently being used in drag but won't if it's sitting on a table. But then sometimes they don't blur it when it's being worn. :shrug:
My favorite blur was the two whole seasons of Ru's ratty-rear end poorly done hairline

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Dang Latrice's rap was really good. Ditto Valentina's bit.

Holy poo poo that choreography for the second team was utter dump.

There were some excellent runways.
Latrice's was lovely, as was Trinity's.
Manila's was just spectacular.
Valentina's was pretty but pretty subdued for her.
Not as convinced by Naomi's but it was fine.
Didn't much like Monique's reveal. I twas an okay idea but it just didn't look that good.
Farrah's was pretty but not much to it; could've used an interesting detail or two.
I'd have a similar comment on Monet's, but the gloves actually set the rest of it off really well.

I think Valentina might be actually out of her loving mind but I love every second of it. The scene with her choosing lipsticks had me hooting like a bonobo with laughter. That lip sync was pretty fuckin' great too.

Gia is such an utter shithead, I know some of y'all like the drama but I just want her rear end to go home.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
i'm definitely feeling the opposite about Valentina this season compared to season 9. Her telenovela ridiculousness is so charming and fun to watch.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any links to episode 3?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've watched ep 3. It's definitely the next episode.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Trig Discipline posted:

Gia is such an utter shithead, I know some of y'all like the drama but I just want her rear end to go home.

Me, too.

Ubiquitous_ posted:

i'm definitely feeling the opposite about Valentina this season compared to season 9. Her telenovela ridiculousness is so charming and fun to watch.

Also me, too.

There's a difference between making yourself into a character for reality television and whatever the gently caress it is Gia thinks she's up to. She's talented enough but mean-spirited and catty in that really transparent actually-idiotic kind of way.

I can't wait for her to whine at the reunion when she doesn't win Miss Congeniality, though.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've watched ep 3. It's definitely the next episode.

Wow. Pretty hosed up to not use spoiler tags on this.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
12 thoughts while watching this episode stoned out of my mind:

1. I want that "YES FAT YES FEMME" shirt Farrah was wearing.

2. Holy poo poo Farrah going off on Gia made me happy. I'm glad someone called Gia on her poo poo.

3. "Fake as gently caress dot com."

4. jfc naomi's legs give me them

5. Monique's voice is really good drat

6. If Latrice ever has a milkshake duck moment I will loving riot because I love her so much

7. Every one of Valentina's talking heads comes off as barely-restrained crazy in a way that makes me slightly uneasy. Maybe it's the eyes that always seem held open really wide for some reason. Or the total lack of eyebrows.

8. Seriously though Naomi's legs??? How even. And he's also talented??? gently caress.

9. I didn't agree with how they judged Monique.

10. Gia no seriously stfu.

11. Valentina earned that win, that was tight.

12. Aw Farrah keep working at it honey, you've got a good attitude and you're getting there

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I could not have been prouder of the, "You actually don't love me". It was the perfect ending to that loving Gia nonsense.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dipper needs to shut the gently caress up on race chaser

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Random thoughts:

I am here for telenovella Villaintina (although next to Gia no one actually seems villainous)

Speaking of, Gia's stupid bullying got called out by the two winners of episode 1 so if she thinks she's playing the game she really doesn't know how it's done cause she's painting a huge target on her back

Cheered when Trinity said she's gonna send that bitch home

lol blurring out Valentina's female presenting nipple, that was an amazing lipsync and the only bad thing is that Monet had her lipsync cut to emphasize the win

What the heck was that singing Manila???

Gotta say I always agree with my friend when she says that the group leaders should bear more responsibility for being sent home. Monique really screwed up as team leader with that messy as hell choreo and basically left Farah out to dry because she was doing alright with poppy dancing but got stuck with R&B which she obviously couldn't do. Being a good leader means you can identify your team's strengths and weaknesses and adjust your plan to emphasize the former and reduce the latter.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

AS4 episode 2 is just a real goddamn good episode of this here show, and I usually hate the girl group challenges. Farrah's backbone grew three sizes in realtime, girls stood up for each other, some people really turned it out in the challenge, and it's capped off by a stunning runway and lipsync. This might be one of my top 5 favorite from all seasons.

I was initially shocked by Monique's placement, but I've got to agree with Eej that the choreo was questionable. Farrah could've done some vampy Posh Spice stuff ... although I doubt Monique told her to bob side to side doing the white girl dance either. I am surprised they didn't feature her 'twerk' somehow, given the lead-in.

I enjoyed Valentina in her season, but that was based 90% on looks delivered. The sheer amount of extra she's being in All Stars is just :discourse:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any links to episode 3?

Just found it on Youtube entirely by accident. Not sure how long it will stay up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6wJZDDTSm4

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

Just found it on Youtube entirely by accident. Not sure how long it will stay up.

Less than 20 minutes. They are tamping down on this one HARD (understandably). People are pretty aggressive about reuploading though, so I guess keep searching youtube and dailymotion if you want that content.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I used 4k to grab it, and I just finished watching it. Very good episode.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Care to share?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I also have no self control and devoured Ep 3.
But first ep 2. Valentina's lipsynch was fantastic. The songs weren't great but I much preferred Monique's group for the music, it was hard to actually hear the lyrics though.
I wonder why they didn't get any choreo help on this challenge. Time? Money?
Gia's not great at Drag Race. Her stirring is super transparent and I'm glad it's being called out. I would have preferred to see Adore/Darienne/Joslyn Foxx/Trinity K Bonet again.
Oh and as much as I love Monique, didn't love her runway or responses to the judges.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Been listening to racechasers all stars 4 commentary and love it so far! Are there any other good commentary YouTube channels or podcasts I should be watching to get all the all stars goodness?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

nerd_of_prey posted:

Been listening to racechasers all stars 4 commentary and love it so far! Are there any other good commentary YouTube channels or podcasts I should be watching to get all the all stars goodness?

Oh yes queen.

Miz Cracker's Review with a Jew came out strong on ep 1 with some guest commentary from Naomi and a brief cameo from Latrice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZ6y6yqeW8

Monet has gotten into the gig with her own channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_c3F_a8TJQ

I can miss the Pit Stops on youtube if I'm not watching, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dZLYVAU8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBYZgVmgcM

And Roscoe's has a pretty good record of uploading feeds of queens during pivotal viewing parties (and is now apparently the official VH1-sponsored viewing party??):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqJ2NFRSaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBacAkjBOKA&t=4s

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 23, 2018

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Care to share?

My upstream bandwidth is utter garbage, but it's still at the Youtube link above.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, thanks, I'll watch it tonight if possible. Cheers

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

My upstream bandwidth is utter garbage, but it's still at the Youtube link above.

Oh, my mistake - it's only blocked for US folk.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Wtf is it Opposite Day

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh wow, really? Interesting.

I'd seriously love to share it but my upstream really is garbage, and when I turn on the VPN it's double garbage with a side of sewage.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 23, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm watching ep 3 on Youtube right now and I gotta say, I hate this format for Snatch Game. It's Snatch Game because it's Match Game. This Dating Game stuff is some romper room fuckery. Splitting the group in half takes away opportunities for ad libbing and improv.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
(E3 spoiler) I am open to change because (unpopular opinion?) for as well-loved as Snatch Game is as a challenge, the results have been disappointing more often than not the past few years. It felt like we ended up seeing more responses from each character this way.

warez fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 23, 2018

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Oh yes queen.

Miz Cracker's Review with a Jew came out strong on ep 1 with some guest commentary from Naomi and a brief cameo from Latrice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZ6y6yqeW8

Monet has gotten into the gig with her own channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_c3F_a8TJQ

I can miss the Pit Stops on youtube if I'm not watching, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dZLYVAU8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBYZgVmgcM

And Roscoe's has a pretty good record of uploading feeds of queens during pivotal viewing parties (and is now apparently the official VH1-sponsored viewing party??):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqJ2NFRSaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBacAkjBOKA&t=4s

Thanks, lots to check out there!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nerd_of_prey posted:

I really love MovieBitches tho YMMV on them. I love their channel in general, they usually do movies but always recap Drag Race during the on season. Will be a hiatus this year tho sincr AS4 dropped suddenly during the holiday lmao.

Everyone else linked so far is also good!! I love The Pit Stop. The All Stars seasons seem to always have the last winner host, and Raja tends to host during the main season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The only Drag Race event I've ever been to was a drag contest hosted by Raja and Bianca, and I'm honestly not sure how I even remember that Raja was there at all.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sorry about it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Episode 3 elimination spoilers: gias exit was surprisingly classy and graceful despite her general demeanour this season and I felt real bad about seeing her go even though it was an obvious choice. I’m glad she got some kind of storyline this season even if it was just ‘catty girl admits to her behaviour and seems genuinely remorseful about it’

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Late to the party so quick thoughts: I thought Latrice should've been on top. Valentina is incredibly extra and I kinda love it. Gia, :frogout: I love that the other queens are shutting down on the cheap poo poo-stirring fast and hard. I get that a reality show needs a villain but can we get Villaintina to fill that role instead? Gia's just giving C-movie writing level of drama and it's really annoying to watch.

e: also I just couldn't take my eyes off Valentina's lipsync

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 24, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh also I watched the episode 3 leak and can we crown Trinity already :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.
Uh, can we cool it on the E3 spoilers? I'm pretty sure you will not die of drag race blue balls waiting an additional four days to discuss it.

My life isn't ruined now knowing who goes home because I unthinkingly moused over a spoiler, but like. Come on