Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really enjoyed the most recent episode. We've had a lot of "serious" Dollops lately and this one reminded me of why I like the goofy just random poo poo that has happened in our history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Is this a thing in general with live podcasts, or is it only The Dollop that is plagued with official recordings not getting recorded at all?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It happened with what was supposed to be the last episode of a podcast that read/mocked Ready Player One. They redid the recording as best as they could save for not being live.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
All podcasters complain about losing podcast.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

After this many episodes you’d think they would be making redundant recordings but noooooo lets let the venue be responsible

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Veskit posted:

Cum Town once lost a memory stick with an episode on it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowy posted:

After this many episodes you’d think they would be making redundant recordings but noooooo lets let the venue be responsible

Most of the time you have no choice and have to use the venue’s people for sound and lighting and won’t be allowed anywhere near the board to hook your stuff in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Veskit posted:

It really is the loving worst

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Veskit posted:

Losing I understand, but I meant how Dave sometimes makes it sound like no one even started recording.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

smidgeonnn posted:

Losing I understand, but I meant how Dave sometimes makes it sound like no one even started recording.

Dave is the type of guy who will call out whoever for loving it up because... it's Dave. I really doubt a more level headed podcaster would really call out a person or a club or whatever.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Veskit posted:

Dave is the type of guy who will call out whoever for loving it up because... it's Dave. I really doubt a more level headed podcaster would really call out a person or a club or whatever.

don't you dare question him, he's been doing this for 20 years

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mike12345 posted:

don't you dare question him, he's been doing this for 20 years

He's what you might call a "hothead".

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Am I the only one that skips most of the 'live in ____' shows? Seems like often the recording is noisy and there are too many awkward improvised jokes from Gareth that only pan out 1/2 the time. The studio shows are often 100x better

edit: piedras negras was good tho

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 22, 2018

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I can't tolerate the live shows and skip them all which means I've not been listening much lately. The audio is bad as you said and they seem too serious lately and the comedy is forced.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The live shows are the best, actually.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

The live shows are the best, actually.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I can't tolerate the live shows and skip them all which means I've not been listening much lately. The audio is bad as you said and they seem too serious lately and the comedy is forced.

The Boston ones were a lot more lighthearted (even if one was about burning down a convent because of secret sex dungeon rumors) but I think they got lost too

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Otto in the Attic and Animal Horror are great live shows but I avoid the rest.

Related, I ended up listening to the Lore episode about Otto and could not even conceive of listening to it as a serious mystery. It's just too crazy to be serious.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The recent live eps are much much better than old live eps with a couple of exceptions here and there. Dave just has bad mic discipline in general though.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The live episodes are good because it makes it really easy to tell when the ads are over. Also, Disco Demolition and the race around the world were both live.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Rochallor posted:

The live episodes are good because it makes it really easy to tell when the ads are over. Also, Disco Demolition and the race around the world were both live.

Paris race had adomian though. Same with the chapo live eps, you can't really compare those to the rest

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve been listening a lot less in general which I just realized when I saw how many episodes I missed. I think it’s the angry Dave shows, as much as I agree with him politically they just aren’t as entertaining.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
H.W-cast just went up on Patreon. Doesn't seem to be on the main feed though?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

GlenMR posted:

H.W-cast just went up on Patreon. Doesn't seem to be on the main feed though?

It’s on the main feed too. Sounds like a complete re-do, in studio instead of live.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Snowy posted:

I’ve been listening a lot less in general which I just realized when I saw how many episodes I missed. I think it’s the angry Dave shows, as much as I agree with him politically they just aren’t as entertaining.

Yeah I haven't been keeping up as much with it in a while either. I agree with his point of view for the most part but I'm here for jet packs and alligator wrestling, not serious politics.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
If you miss the old crazy lighthearted episodes, then please listen to 357 piedras negras.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

mrfart posted:

If you miss the old crazy lighthearted episodes, then please listen to 357 piedras negras.

This one has been one of my favorites in awhile! It really is like the Dollops of "Ye Olden Times"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like Angry Dollop. :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like Angry Dollop. :colbert:

I like Angry/Outraged Funny Dollop. As it is, I usually skip the last 5-10 minutes of "what lessons have we learned" schtick.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The live eps are also hit and miss for me. My favorite live ones are New York to Paris Race, John Batman, the Two Indiginous Actors, Reg Spiers, the Cereal Men, Boston Corbett and Otto in the Attic.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

How is the penguin episode not being discussed more.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island will always top my list

EDIT:

^^^ :hfive:

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 24, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island will always top my list

EDIT:

^^^ :hfive:

Haven’t listened to that one, I’ll give it a try.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Bring the whole family it's great. I mean Dave brought an entire live audience for it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

AceOfFlames posted:

It's loving amazing

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I haven't had the chance to listen to the new episode yet, but Gareth showed up on Bert Kreischer's cooking show, where Bert fucks up a meal and feeds it to his comedian friends.

It's good. Gareth is on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-4Xsyn3Bk

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

mrfart posted:

This was the classic Dollop I needed, thanks.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Please report back your reaction.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They posted the HW episode so I guess they redid it or got a better recording of the live one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It’s on the main feed too. Sounds like a complete re-do, in studio instead of live.