Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Billzasilver posted:

I’m just surprised DW chose those two pillars instead of tweaking the numbers for them all evenly

That would've made too much sense. Even without the charts it was easy to tell they were intervening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bakeneko posted:

I would love it if there was another way to obtain welfare servants you happened to miss, or their NPs/ascension materials. They let you pick up mystic codes and certain CEs from the rare prism shop once their corresponding events end, so why not servants?

i feel like this is more likely to happen now that they added the system to convert rerun welfares into RP. even though you have stuff like CasLiz mostly being eclipsed by a newer welfare like Sieg, Scath/Nobu/Kintoki definitely hurt to miss out on. and Shiki just now fell out of availability i suppose

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

why didn't they just assign a 4x multiplier to pillar kills. like, have a chance to deal 3x or 5x instead so it isn't too obvious what's going on, but it seems like the obvious way to make up for the difference in numbers.

alternatively, take the easy way out and reduce the kills needed instead of keeping the arbitrary 2m number for literally no reason. it's not like it has thematic significance

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just assume NA isn't allowed to or given the resources to tweak this stuff at a level beyond what they're doing. the execution of the fake kills leaves something to be desired but i guess i have more issues with the base structure of this whole thing than their half-rear end attempt to ensure we get through it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They could've also given us more apples. I have only 20 bronzes left.

We're getting help on Halphas now so farm it while you can.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Google Play seems to be running a selective $10 back on $30 app purchases, so i took advantage and uh

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Sodium Chloride posted:

They could've also given us more apples. I have only 20 bronzes left.

We're getting help on Halphas now so farm it while you can.

More apples would definitely be appreciated, yeah. I'm down to about 8 gold (+ ~10 bronzes I'm saving for the last batch of story fights) and they're gonna evaporate immediately in the hunt for Lanugos. And keeping even that much of a reserve meant only squeezing about 6-7 Gallstones out of Sabnock and resigning myself to living on Mt. Ebih for a while when this is done to prep for MHXA.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

the hell? we have like five days left and they decided to rush through till there's only 2 pillars left? dumb.

Three. and the Saber pillar has 3x the HP of any of the other pillars.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

the hell? we have like five days left and they decided to rush through till there's only 2 pillars left? dumb.

The seventh pillar must be killed 6 millions times. We are actually behind.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The JP xmas event ends tonight so there may be a wave of cross-server players like myself going back to farming pillars

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

dogsicle posted:

Google Play seems to be running a selective $10 back on $30 app purchases, so i took advantage and uh

I don't understand why your Merlin has green hair but congrats nonetheless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Meduseless." Stop reading GamePress, Euryale.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So Brynhild is like, every Noto Mamiko character stereotype? Or maybe I'm just weirded out because she seems like a slightly less depressed Ichi, from Sengoku Basara

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I don't know Ichi but Bryn is cursed to fall in love and then murder whoever she falls in love with, and she's incredibly aware of both that fact and how hosed up that is. So she's extremely depressed.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As a reminder, if anyone is hunting for Musashi she requires a huge number of the brand new Primordial Lanugo gold material for her skills. Lanugos that incidentally have a fairly high drop rate off of Andromalius.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

More importantly, our King, Arthur, uses them.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

weird that they locked off saber's max skill until they released babylonia

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lord Koth posted:

As a reminder, if anyone is hunting for Musashi she requires a huge number of the brand new Primordial Lanugo gold material for her skills. Lanugos that incidentally have a fairly high drop rate off of Andromalius.

Good looking out. Thanks.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 25, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
edit: edit

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Lanugos that incidentally have a fairly high drop rate off of Andromalius.

What. I had one lanugo drop in 40 runs.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

YggdrasilTM posted:

What. I had one lanugo drop in 40 runs.

It's about 90 AP per drop, compared to the best node in Babylonia being around 120 AP per drop.

So not super high, but definitely the best you're getting outside of future events. (Or half AP free quests.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Other Demon Pillars: We are immortal. Flawed humans working with imperfect teamwork cannot defeat us. Our abilities are beyond your calculations blah blah blah.

Forneus: gently caress BLACKBEARD

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I managed to pull Merlin, and I had some quartz left over, so I decided to pull on the Babylonia 2 banner, hoping for Gorgon. Suddenly, I got rainbow orbs, and it was a rider card!

:negative:

Well, at least it's not NP4 Ozy.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Invest in your low rarity servants:

Robin Hood is a strong boy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So Eric only acts crazy because his wife is the jealous type and he's scared of his wife. All of a sudden, I'm starting to like Eric.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

my tickets got me a gorgon and my first avenger

im proud of my sneklady :3:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gologle posted:

So Eric only acts crazy because his wife is the jealous type and he's scared of his wife. All of a sudden, I'm starting to like Eric.
She's also capable of taking control of his mind across time, space, and human incineration, so I can understand why he's afraid of her.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think seeing all the event and trial Servants come in has been the most hype for me, even past seeing Jason act like the player base with the whole "let Heracles take care of it". This is truly a battle to save the world! Hold nothing back!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Threw a 10-pull at Babylonia 1 banner on a whim, walked away with Black Grail #4, a Devilish Bodhisattva, and Caster Gil. :toot:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The problem with the event servants coming in is if you’re slow to clear the story then Dantes shows up and you’re like “Who?” because you missed the event.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Bakanogami posted:

The problem with the event servants coming in is if you’re slow to clear the story then Dantes shows up and you’re like “Who?” because you missed the event.

The dantes event almost shouldn't have been an event for how actually relevant to the plot it was

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Got Martha on the arcade version today. Nothing if not on-brand.

I’m beginning to suspect that the main reason the arcade game exists is to fleece players from abroad who come to Japan on holiday, it sure does let you force a lot of money down it.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Shiny777 posted:

More apples would definitely be appreciated, yeah. I'm down to about 8 gold (+ ~10 bronzes I'm saving for the last batch of story fights) and they're gonna evaporate immediately in the hunt for Lanugos. And keeping even that much of a reserve meant only squeezing about 6-7 Gallstones out of Sabnock and resigning myself to living on Mt. Ebih for a while when this is done to prep for MHXA.

I have a HUNDRED AND THIRTY goddamn apples.
Please, no more. I just can't sit still and play the game for that long. Please.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

I have a HUNDRED AND THIRTY goddamn apples.
Please, no more. I just can't sit still and play the game for that long. Please.

130? I used like 200 on box gachas this year and still have 150 left.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I've been on NA since day 1 with an account rerolled on day 2, conserve the majority of my apples for events and don't think I've ever had more than maybe 70 at once, tops, usually sub-40. What is the secret I'm missing to always having >100 in reserve without massively neglecting event shops/exceptional nodes?

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

Shiny777 posted:

I've been on NA since day 1 with an account rerolled on day 2, conserve the majority of my apples for events and don't think I've ever had more than maybe 70 at once, tops, usually sub-40. What is the secret I'm missing to always having >100 in reserve without massively neglecting event shops/exceptional nodes?

The secret is, you don't need to buy everything from the shop. I really only focus on what mats my servants currently need. There is no need to get dragon scales if you already have a small supply and no one needs them currently or in the near future.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I rarely clear out event shops, had a long stint where I was just logging in and doing dailies, and I’m on JP and IIRC we got a couple huge apple gifts at one point?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Shiny777 posted:

I usually grab everything from the shop, but my secret is that I don't go super overboard on lotteries, usually only grabbing 20-30 boxes.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Shiny777 posted:

I don't usually get Fous/exp/pieces/monuments in event shops, ignore exceptional nodes unless its also lotto related, and tend to roll on event banners so have a bunch of event CEs to cut down on grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, I would never *not* get the fous, they're a limited resource.