Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Theoretically you could get enough low rarity Fous from the FP gacha for everyone you want but *a stream of of 1* embers and low rarity servants you NP5ed over a year ago flows out endlessly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
You shouldn't need to apple to clear out event shops anyways, I clear every event shop minus pieces and monuments regularly without using apples or only using a handful, and events are typically constructed to make this feasible. I only ever spend them for raids, lotteries, or if I want to read story faster.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shiny777 posted:

I've been on NA since day 1 with an account rerolled on day 2, conserve the majority of my apples for events and don't think I've ever had more than maybe 70 at once, tops, usually sub-40. What is the secret I'm missing to always having >100 in reserve without massively neglecting event shops/exceptional nodes?

I've never cleared an event shop and I rarely grind nodes just for a chance at materials. I just don't have the free time to devote hours a day to mobages (especially since this isn't the only one I play), and most of my free time is late in the day when my phone's low on battery. I just grab the special event stuff, plus all the EXP embers and any materials I immediately need.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
The secret is, having your sanity give out before managing to spend more apples than the event gave out.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

thark posted:

The secret is, having your sanity give out before managing to spend more apples than the event gave out.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

So my Merlin is now level 70 and 4/1/10 in skills and I've got a few people on my Support List that also have Merlin with maxed Hero Creation, so I've been experimenting with Hercules + Double Merlin.

I got a full NPBB Brave Chain with Herc and he did over 1m damage to Andromalius. Plus, somehow, he generated 33 crit stars? With nothing but Buster cards?

It's one thing to see the memes about Double Merlin, but oh my god actually experiencing it for yourself really puts it into perspective; Double Merlin is disgusting.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I got a full NPBB Brave Chain with Herc and he did over 1m damage to Andromalius. Plus, somehow, he generated 33 crit stars? With nothing but Buster cards?

Once you start buffing it or overkilling star gen has way more to do with hit count than card type, and Heracles' NP hits a great many times.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Sophism posted:

It's about 90 AP per drop, compared to the best node in Babylonia being around 120 AP per drop.

So not super high, but definitely the best you're getting outside of future events. (Or half AP free quests.)
Currently I have an average of 150 AP per drop. It's... Not going well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh hey I maxed out my master level

why 130 though?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Merry Christmas everyone who celebrates this holiday!

Next Christmas event should be a Christmas Caroll with Agravain as the Scrooge.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I was able to get Ozy to do around 1.6 million or so to Halphas with an NPBB double crit double Merlin. 50% starting NP is enough for Ozy double Merlin, and boy howdy is it effective.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bond 10 Black Grail Arash with Merlin/Waver/BillShakes support is capable of OHKOing Andromalius.

Arash Airlines memes live on.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Merry Christmas Masters of Chaldea! Let's make sure humanity survives to see the New Year!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

why 130 though?

Don't worry, it goes up to 140 in a couple of months. You get a whole 1 team cost and 10 friend slots!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Merry Christmas! I hope you got something nice this season, even if it was only a good night's sleep.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Crasical posted:

Merry Christmas! I hope you got something nice this season, even if it was only a good night's sleep.

Oh god did I need a good night's sleep. And a good morning's sleep. Would have further extended into a good afternoon's sleep, but you know, family lunch.

Merry Christmas and New year.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tired Moritz posted:

why 130 though?

Japan started at a lower max level, and gradually increased the max level in increments. They had hit level 130 by the start of 2017, which is approximately the time where the build that NA started with came from.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, looking ahead it’s going to be awkward in a year when the NA players are getting all the spoilery stuff from the Part 2 prologue just as JP is presumably getting to the finale of part 2.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bakanogami posted:

Man, looking ahead it’s going to be awkward in a year when the NA players are getting all the spoilery stuff from the Part 2 prologue just as JP is presumably getting to the finale of part 2.

Hopefully they will accelerate through Epic of Remnant...probably not though.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Those'd all explain it then. Good to know it's more of a priorities thing with me putting more into shop-clearing/lotteries/squeezing mats out of the really good nodes and not me horribly mismanaging my supply somewhere along the line.

Vengarr posted:

Hopefully they will accelerate through Epic of Remnant...probably not though.

This would both be great because reruns so far have been kind of heavy on dead time and horrible because the calendar already looks like it'll be fairly densely packed next year and my rolling targets are nicely spaced as it is. ...And also squeezing it all into a tighter timeframe would probably be flat out godawful for the players who didn't clear about half of these events already.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The story would have to be rewritten to accomodate that, because the part 2 prologue is pretty explicit on it being the end of the year.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Tarezax posted:

The story would have to be rewritten to accomodate that, because the part 2 prologue is pretty explicit on it being the end of the year.

I sincerely doubt it would take a heavy rewrite. Solomon being at the end of the year so far has had absolutely no symbolic or whatever reason why it couldn't have been at any other day of any other month, and people were stomping their foot down and justifying us being 1 to 1 with JP's original schedule saying it just couldn't be at any other time because of story reasons.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
maybe wait for Solomon to finish, or really have any plot at all besides cool people being cool before talking about symbolism

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so does the 1.5 requires beating solomon? I think I just want to focus on finishing up all the buff missions after all the amon grinding

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

TheFireMagi posted:

maybe wait for Solomon to finish, or really have any plot at all besides cool people being cool before talking about symbolism

I'll eat my words if needed, but if it's "The End of the Year" standing in for "The End of Humanity" or "The End of the Journey" or "The End of Someone's Life", I'll be extremely disappointed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

so does the 1.5 requires beating solomon? I think I just want to focus on finishing up all the buff missions after all the amon grinding

Yes afaik, but that's not until February.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

IIRC 1.5 requires Solomon. It’s certainly set after it story wise.

However, each 1.5 chapter is fairly self contained and doesn’t need to be cleared to do the next. So once Agartha is out you can do it even if you haven’t cleared Shinjuku. And when part 2 comes out in a year, all it requires is Solomon done, nothing from 1.5.

Personally I would suggest trying to get Solomon done in time for the CCC event (in late Spring, I think?), since that requires it, is really good, and limited time only. You can take your time to get to Shinjuku if you want.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tarezax posted:

I think they could choose to ignore that from now on if they wanted to, especially since events are going to start getting really obviously out of sequence with the calendar after this point. I believe most of the other servers have been largely ignoring the calendar scheduling? Though obviously "end of the year" potentially means something very different in China, and the Korean server has always been its own special brand of crazy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i value the downtime we've had this year and would prefer something similar for eor. maybe we can trim some of those weeks here and there without totally eliminating every break, but at that point the gain is probably negligible :shrug:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A content speedup means less time between banners and nah gently caress that.

In general tho I appreciate that this game doesn't constantly demand my time.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i value the downtime we've had this year and would prefer something similar for eor. maybe we can trim some of those weeks here and there without totally eliminating every break, but at that point the gain is probably negligible :shrug:

Restructuring events would be pretty trivial and would address this. Double event drops, cut event shop prices in half, and now an event can last half the time without forcing people to grind harder to match.

I value down time, but I also value not having to dodge spoilers for two years worth of content from now until the day the game shuts down.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unless there's precedent for changes like that, its a much further cry than just removing dead time. to the point that i'd never expect it and don't begrudge DW for not doing so.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Once again, the real shame is that NA will, barring major changes in the future, always be two years behind JP. Any outsider looking in on the situation would be disgusted and immediately turned off and away by the content gap between the two regions, because it is a terrible situation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think the gap actually has that significance. if people do have have dumb hangups about it i guess it's not affecting me so whatever

content release schedule is not anywhere near one of this game's top problems imo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Given how fgo handles old events and future content gates being behind can only be a good thing for a new player tbh

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Gologle posted:

Once again, the real shame is that NA will, barring major changes in the future, always be two years behind JP. Any outsider looking in on the situation would be disgusted and immediately turned off and away by the content gap between the two regions, because it is a terrible situation.

It's not at all uncommon for games with updating content to be behind when they're being brought to other countries, and I'm very sure that most outsiders looking in did not get immediately turned off as FGO NA brought in a lot of people new to fate

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

This is a discussion that nobody will ever be happy about because the alternative is to have a ton of people complaining about how they don't have time to do anything and it'll be just as stupid

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Everything is awful forever, distract yourself with anime girls so you don't have to think about it too hard.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crasical posted:

Everything is awful forever, distract yourself with anime girls so you don't have to think about it too hard.

Way ahead of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't mind the pace but the knowledge that when the game inevitably dies in JP that the NA version will shut down at the exact same time regardless of content we may or may not have seen yet is pretty annoying.