Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm sorry for wishing for a Neptunia Profile game on a monkey paw

Valkyrie Nepfile, where Lennep, who was once a young woman named Plutina, must do battle with her sister Hristy and the evil Noire'd Valeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I've just started Cyberdimension and this game is already my kind of stupid. Thanks, Vert. Thert.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Cyberdimension is repetitive and phenomenally easy but I will carry a torch for it forever because it's real nice to have a game where the neps don't need to save the world and are just goofing off on an MMO in their spare time

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Cyberdimension is pretty dumb but they do get in a great gag at the end, way more subtle than Neptunia usually is - throwing you into the Unreal Engine 4 Content Examples test map.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Media Create numbers are in for Neptunia RPG: 11,521. It's pretty consistent with other Compile Heart games released this year. Of course they still have their money printing license with the 3D Azur Lane game coming soon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1078715423376330752

This was previously an exclusive Japanese event where players can marry Neptune

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm sorry for wishing for a Neptunia Profile game on a monkey paw

I, for one, am thankful you didnt use up your terrible wish on an SMT/Nep crossover game because now I can still imagine it happening and how awesome it could still be.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I want Neptunia Warriors but actually handled by KT with creative input from IF/CH but all the actual mechanics and software stuff is handled by KT.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dehry posted:

This was previously an exclusive Japanese event where players can marry Neptune

We all like Nep, but let's be honest, would you really want to be married to her?

Nep-Nep posted:

I want Neptunia Warriors but actually handled by KT with creative input from IF/CH but all the actual mechanics and software stuff is handled by KT.

That would still only be like a 50% chance of a good game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

We all like Nep, but let's be honest, would you really want to be married to her?

That would still only be like a 50% chance of a good game.

50% if based on a Nintendo property otherwise 0%

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will not have this kind of negativity around the idea of Nep Musou.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Posted in the RPG thread buy maybe better here as most of the games are Nep related ..

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/games/of...ent=four_teaser

Looking in the JRPG section of this mailer, anything I should get ?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mfny posted:

Posted in the RPG thread buy maybe better here as most of the games are Nep related ..

Looking in the JRPG section of this mailer, anything I should get ?

Error 404. Need to fix the URL.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Error 404. Need to fix the URL.

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/games/offers/indie2019

The JRPG section..

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptunia Rebirth 1 is a good introduction to the series. The story is separate from the rest of the mainline games but all the character traits are there.

Neptunia Rebirth 2,3, VII(R) and Four Goddesses Online(online game the mainline universe characters are playing) start a new continuity that allowed for them to make anime girls of more consoles than just generic Microsoft, Xbox, Sony, and Sega. Excluding the VII remake which just adds a little bit of side content and removes guest characters, the story hasn't been built on since April 2015.

The rest of the games are non canon spinoff titles.

Neptunia U and Blanc vs Zombies play like Senran Kagura and are made by the same developers.

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is a crossover with Sega's anime girl representation of consoles but the gameplay makes it pretty much Rebirth 4.

Hyperdevotion Noire is an SRPG that cheats

Not on PC:
Neptunia Producing Perfection - an Idol raising simulator. Translated by NIS America like the PS3 original games so likely not ever coming to PC.

Super Neptunia RPG - A Valkyrie Profile like game that just came out in Japan.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
One of these then I may pick up:

Four Goddesses Online
Rebirth 1
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls

Which would be the most Nep Nep and anime for the buck ?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mfny posted:

Four Goddesses Online
Rebirth 1

Rebirth 1 is the only one of those that is mainline. If you want to experience Nep proper that's the one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mfny posted:

Four Goddesses Online
Rebirth 1

4GO has a lot of Nep and anime but is also not a turn based rpg and has serviceable at best brawler combat
Rebirth 1 is reasonably fun but doesn't involve its side characters much
SeHa stars IF and Nep is a motorcycle

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/cyberdimension-neptunia-4-goddesses-online

4 Goddesses Online is $5 until keys run out and all other Nep games are on sale at Fanatical, including 50% off DLC.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1088551553689038848

Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force was ported to Switch and is currently on sale for $31.99

Moe Chronicle (a Japanese titty game by compile heart) also got a switch port and will be about $30

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I started up Moero Chronicle once and was taken aback by how people fought so goddamn hard for a game that is, at best, mediocre.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dehry posted:

Moe Chronicle (a Japanese titty game by compile heart)

Wait..... they make other games?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SoftNum posted:

Wait..... they make other games?

Idea Factory is Compile Heart and Otomate
Otomate makes all the hot guy dating simulators, but Aksys seems to translate the majority of the ones that come west.

Compile Heart makes all sort of other anime games in addition to Nep but only 1/2 of them reach the west because the rest are illegal in several European countries and Australia.
http://ideafintl.com/updates/2016/06/22/3763.html

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mind-boggling to me that anyone could see that message and think that leftist SJWs have invaded Australia's video game landscape.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah that's just the giant spider people.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got a chance to play Megamiracle Force after sideloading the APK.

It's just another crossover story made using pre-existing assets plus a couple new ones like with the Nep Nep Connect Vita game. They even re-used the Neptune sprite from that game for her events in Mega Miracle force. The goddesses are also of the Ultra Dimension variety for whatever that's worth. Big Nep doesn't even recognize Histoire, calling her another Croire so there's pretty much 0 connection to any of the other games.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So now that I understand what's going on a little better:

The main story of the game seems to be picking and choosing elements from the various Compile Heart games. There's a bit about Arfoire preventing the goddesses from transforming but they came up with a crystal to work around the issue. However with their reduced power they can't leave the basilicom undefended so the player avatar, Big Neptune, and Croire need to deliver a crystal to Lowee.

There's side stories in the game as well and the first one is set in the Rebrith 1 universe with Neptune on patrol as a heretic is still spawning monsters. The player and Croire drop in and get involved in whatever's going on after failing to warp away.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's a gacha right

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a gacha right

Yeah, with a turn based SRPG. It just launched so a lot of effective units are being given away free right now.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I want an EN version so I can play. I'm totally into gacha games so give it here.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Hey, so I'm stuck in Neptunia VII. I'm playing Vert's part of the story, and I'm at the "Mysterious Letter" section, but after going through all the conversations I'm left with no clue what to do next and no markers on the map. I've tried raising the Public Relations level a few times like suggested, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Never mind, they didn't tell me I had to do some Guild missions first.

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 5, 2019

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The new Neptunia Rebirth 1 DLC released today has two blank spots for additional DLC characters and an icon for Uzume's megaphone . There were 4 unused slots in the prior update.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
What's with all of the DLC for the first game all of a sudden?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

They're not going to release Rebirth 1+, because there's no reason to when the PC version is built for the add-ons it provides. We'll never see this stuff on PS4, though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

The upcoming Super Neptunia RPG is heavily built off the Rebirth 1 lore. It's probably a sequel. Japan had a PS4 re-release leading up to the game coming out called Rebirth 1+ which added most of the features seen in the DLC.

I'm suspecting some issues around getting some voice actors to reprise their roles and low Japanese sales have something to do with the west not getting it. As DLC they can skirt around those issues and use pre-existing assets. It will be interesting to see if Cave, RED, 5pb, and Falcom show up as DLC in the future or if they couldn't clear the rights somewhere.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is Nep starting to dwindle over in JP?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Buy all our playsets and toys
https://twitter.com/VERTEXkyonnu/status/1094399167374323712
https://twitter.com/broccoli_hobby/status/1094416061091405824
https://twitter.com/hj_shohin/status/1094407063029960705
https://twitter.com/broccoli_hobby/status/1094418155030499328

They're still pulling from the Anime for figures.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A scale Nepgear? I'm in.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's sleepy/just waking up nepgear. Kinda like the Nep one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

It's sleepy/just waking up nepgear. Kinda like the Nep one.

Doesn't look nearly as you-shouldn't-put-that-openly-on-your-shelf as the Nep one.