Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Microsoft pushed out a firmware update in April that broke a bunch of the type covers for the surface.

They aren't going to patch it. They want me to pay $500 for "diagnosis". Now I gotta bring it in to a physical store and hope I can charm someone into doing some extremely basic work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Star Man posted:

So you go to the expensive one and just spend about three bucks so you have enough gas get to the one that's cheaper.

I know that's what I generally do and will do next time I get in my car, I guess my complaint was about gas prices being inconsistent. Thinking about it I should have said that in the first place. Sorry :(

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Thin Privilege posted:

I know that's what I generally do and will do next time I get in my car, I guess my complaint was about gas prices being inconsistent. Thinking about it I should have said that in the first place. Sorry :(

I'm all for saving a few bucks when I can on gas, but unless it's like a difference of fifty cents per gallon between two places, the total saved is just a dollar or two.

The real savings come when you shop at a grocery store that has its own gas station like Safeway or your local variety of Kroger store.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Someone keeps dropping apocalyptic shits in the emergency department bathroom that are gassing out the entire ED. I'm not upset about it since whoever it is is clearly having a way worse day than me, but it's getting to a point where the smell is overpowering the strongest hospital-grade odor remover I got. This stuff is used for operating rooms.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My dog got more Christmas presents than me. Again :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I slept too much during the day and now I can't fall back asleep.

E: I'm at my moms doing laundry and I knew I should have brought a book but I didn't so I'm stuck reading these here forums. I'm getting some good laughs but I have so many books on my list that are just collecting dust, and I've read all the books my mom has already.

E2: stupid Apple Watch just told me to stand. Don't tell me what to do you drat watch :argh:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Dec 23, 2018

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mental health services... need there be more said? I just got a new psychiatrist, young guy, and its difficult to get him to realize how severe and fluctuating my moods are, because with over a month between appts, my truly bad times he doesn't see. By the time I do see him, I am usually in another phase of the moods and the point isn't getting across. I've been diagnosed with Borderline by at least 2 different psychs and after seeing me briefly only three times, he thinks nah, its gotta be some kind of bipolar, but nooo I feel pretty confident that I have the correct diagnosis. But this power dynamic of patient and doctor leaves me with little room to disagree. This is a new guy after firing my last psych a few months ago for seemingly not to take me seriously, and if I fire this chud too, its gonna be even longer until I could get the proper medication. So do I hold out and see how badly he wants to gently caress me up or ditch him and find some other doctor with a better bedside manner than visibly bristling when I try to steer him in another direction. OR I MIGHT JUST DIE TOMORROW WOULDN'T THAT BE HILARIOUS AND SOLVE EVERYTHING? HA Ha ha.....

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I need to go through and delete a bunch of facebook friends because we don't talk anymore and it's irritating when they fill my feed with MLM bullshit or political garbage and memes.

I kinda miss and don't miss my friend J, because we were on the outs for a year and haven't spoken since July, and I see her online sometimes and remember all the times she couldn't be bothered to say poo poo to me, but would vent for hours about her husband or how hard it was not being able to be a mom (she refused to even think about adoption or surrogacy) and then disappear. And how she always had time for 3 loving raids in WoW a week but didn't have minutes to play in our online rpg. So it goes.

I hate how people are screaming about PC madness because of 'Baby It's Cold Outside.' The song is pretty rapey if you listen to the words, and sorry guys, Cosby ruined the whole 'what's in this drink?' stuff. No one is banning a loving song, but it's annoying as gently caress and I'm sick of hearing it as much as the 'debate' over it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

cinni posted:

Mental health services... need there be more said? I just got a new psychiatrist, young guy, and its difficult to get him to realize how severe and fluctuating my moods are, because with over a month between appts, my truly bad times he doesn't see. By the time I do see him, I am usually in another phase of the moods and the point isn't getting across. I've been diagnosed with Borderline by at least 2 different psychs and after seeing me briefly only three times, he thinks nah, its gotta be some kind of bipolar, but nooo I feel pretty confident that I have the correct diagnosis. But this power dynamic of patient and doctor leaves me with little room to disagree. This is a new guy after firing my last psych a few months ago for seemingly not to take me seriously, and if I fire this chud too, its gonna be even longer until I could get the proper medication. So do I hold out and see how badly he wants to gently caress me up or ditch him and find some other doctor with a better bedside manner than visibly bristling when I try to steer him in another direction. OR I MIGHT JUST DIE TOMORROW WOULDN'T THAT BE HILARIOUS AND SOLVE EVERYTHING? HA Ha ha.....

A good thing about that subject in the UK, is that the government is allocating budget for hiring mental health professionals in schools and similar places to help kids who are having difficulties.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
I got a horrific sore throat on Christmas due to the dry air in my apartment and obviously I can't go out and get a humidifier today... of course I've known for a while that the dryness is causing various discomforts for me, so I could have gotten a humidifier anytime, but instead I waited until it really hurt me and I can only band-aid the issue with tea and advil until tomorrow.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Automatonic Water posted:

I got a horrific sore throat on Christmas due to the dry air in my apartment and obviously I can't go out and get a humidifier today... of course I've known for a while that the dryness is causing various discomforts for me, so I could have gotten a humidifier anytime, but instead I waited until it really hurt me and I can only band-aid the issue with tea and advil until tomorrow.

If you've got a local Walgreens, they'll be open.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

cinni posted:

I have this problem too, whenever I finally get to talk to someone I’m in a generally chipper mood and it feels like such a loving struggle to get them to take me seriously when I’ve had 14 years of severe enough mental health issues to land me in the hospital nearly every year. I’m thinking I might start keeping a log of the bad times to bring up during appointments but who knows if that will help. I wish this wasn’t such a common experience for people with mental health issues but I guess I just wanted to let you know that someone understands and hopes you are doing okay as you can right now.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
God I wish there was an actual cure for depression. I've gone to three different therapists over the years for a few sessions each time, and learn some new coping strategies and talk out my current major life struggles, and I'm on a decent enough medication, but there are still several days a month when I can barely get out of bed and the only thing keeping me from killing myself is the thought of how sad my mom would be.

Any stronger medicine puts me in a fog or I just sleep all the time. The best treatment I've found so far in combination with venlafaxine is eating a couple cbd gummies at bedtime so I get consistent good quality sleep instead if staring into darkness until 4am dwelling on how I am a failure at life.

I guess I'm "managing my condition" well but it never goes away completely.

Keep on fighting, goons. Take care if yourselves as best you can, whatever that means for you. You're not alone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had untreated ADD for most of my life because the hack child psychologist declared that I had depression without asking me any questions.

My confusion and frustration with the matter caused me to actually slip into depression for a long time.
My suicidal ideation was a daily thing. Eventually I talked to a therapist about it.

I guess, "I don't want to murder myself, I just want to be deleted out of existence" is pretty high up on the "oh gently caress" meter for them.
Got some meds, had some talk therapy and an ADD diagnosis and I've never been better.

I've yet to be on ADD meds and it kinda weirds me out.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I was prescribed a low dose of Ambien and it's not really doing the trick and the next step is to up the dosage to "buy weird poo poo from eBay" levels.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

kreyla posted:

God I wish there was an actual cure for depression. I've gone to three different therapists over the years for a few sessions each time, and learn some new coping strategies and talk out my current major life struggles, and I'm on a decent enough medication, but there are still several days a month when I can barely get out of bed and the only thing keeping me from killing myself is the thought of how sad my mom would be.

Any stronger medicine puts me in a fog or I just sleep all the time. The best treatment I've found so far in combination with venlafaxine is eating a couple cbd gummies at bedtime so I get consistent good quality sleep instead if staring into darkness until 4am dwelling on how I am a failure at life.

I guess I'm "managing my condition" well but it never goes away completely.

Keep on fighting, goons. Take care if yourselves as best you can, whatever that means for you. You're not alone.

It took me 15 years to seek help and another 15 to get a good therapist whose answer wasn't just "more medication". I had ten blissful years as a zoloft zombie that I barely remember.
So hang in there and keep fighting. Let your voice be heard.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I quit drinking a few months ago and now all my emotions are going bonkers after being suppressed forever. I just wanted to stop being fat and having hangovers.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

queserasera posted:

I was prescribed a low dose of Ambien and it's not really doing the trick and the next step is to up the dosage to "buy weird poo poo from eBay" levels.

Ha, same here! I was actually scared to take it because of all the stories but it’s just made me sleep slightly better than usual. Which is GREAT.

Anyway my current first world problem is I have until the 2nd off and have done nothing that I meant to do. I have finished only one book of my giant library pile. I have not made any of the weird bread experiments either. I’ve mostly been replaying a game I’ve already played like 5 times and ignoring the new games I got :saddowns:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dave Grool posted:

I quit drinking a few months ago and now all my emotions are going bonkers after being suppressed forever. I just wanted to stop being fat and having hangovers.

Hey congrats and stick with it.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Hey congrats and stick with it.

Thanks :) I've had enough terrible experiences with older alcoholic relatives to remind me why I stopped. It's going to get worse with a few people too :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Customers were bigger dipshits than normal today.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dave Grool posted:

Thanks :) I've had enough terrible experiences with older alcoholic relatives to remind me why I stopped. It's going to get worse with a few people too :(

The alchies are my mom and stepdad (current one and the previous one). I never drank and never will. Their examples have made sure of that.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

The alchies are my mom and stepdad (current one and the previous one). I never drank and never will. Their examples have made sure of that.

You might be my stepsister. If so pls stop asking me for money I know you have a gambling problem.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The trailer for Us has me both really wanting to see it, and also loving terrified.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Oh my god why are the cords on these nes classic controllers so short

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
So you have to sit in front of the TV for ~nostalgia~, even though your 25+ back can't handle it like you did at 7.

Or Nintendo was cheap, just like with not including a charger for the N*3DS.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Japanese apartments are small is why the cords are short

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Someone magnetized the needles in my sewing kit.
:psyduck: why?!

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Someone magnetized the needles in my sewing kit.
:psyduck: why?!

Maybe this is how you discover your mutant powers

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am hungry but nothing sounds good to eat.

Have a lot of cleaning to do and can only do it when my mom isn't here, but the more I look around, the more poo poo there is to clean, so I figure why bother to clean at all. Repeat cycle.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The power went out so I can't play my videogames for what will probably be less than an hour. drat.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm going to my first black tie optional event on the 26th, and I'm transitioning from one job to another over the holiday break, so I don't have as much money as I thought I was going to have for dress- & shoe-shopping purposes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a new phone today because my old one poo poo the bed, and a lot more stuff survived the transfer in terms of progress and details. It's great.

... except I lost I progress in a idle/logistics game that was a fun time waster, and I can't bring myself to restart. Out of all the things, it's objectively the least important stuff to lose, but dammit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Did some room cleaning!

There's so much more to do but damnit I got some poo poo done and a 50 gallon garbage bag full of junk to throw away.

FWP: I found some poo poo I meant to drop off at Toys for Tots or the Xmas Angel program. Where else can I take this stuff after Xmas?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just discovered that I've probably been feeding two stray cats for the past few weeks. Both of them came together for the first time and now I'm worried that I was giving too little food for both of them. On the other hand both cats are super fluffy and big so maybe they hunt on their own too.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I guess I knocked my glasses into bed with me, because I rolled over onto them and broke them. :sigh: Oh well, I needed to schedule an eye exam anyway...

MisterBibs posted:

I got a new phone today because my old one poo poo the bed, and a lot more stuff survived the transfer in terms of progress and details. It's great.

... except I lost I progress in a idle/logistics game that was a fun time waster, and I can't bring myself to restart. Out of all the things, it's objectively the least important stuff to lose, but dammit.

Oof, yeah. I learned my lesson after losing my Clicker Heroes account a couple years ago and didn't bother restarting. Sometimes certain data won't transfer, so if I'm active in any mobile games, I ensure it's either tied to a cloud account or I do whatever backup/save feature the game makes available.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Last time I went grocery shopping I apparently bought unpitted prunes instead of pitted, so now until I finish those (about two or three weeks) I can't just chomp down on them but instead I have to be careful.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
FWP: I should have stayed to work late last week but decided not to, and now my paycheck sucks.

In part it's because I want some time alone at home; my mom's work hours changed so now she's home all morning when I am, and I'm used to having an hour or so alone. So come afternoon time, I don't stay late at work, to get that hour back. Because as soon as she gets home she won't shut up and has to tell me everything even when I'm busy or trying to relax.

FWP: my friend is mad at himself because he got me my Xmas present late (fine by me, he and his wife had the flu Xmas week) and it's a book I already have, and it's loving Weapon Brown so it's awesome, but he's pissed he didn't get me something I don't already have.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 05:20 on Jan 5, 2019

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Hello inscrutable oriental! You seem to have accidentally searched for and clicked on a western recipe! Wouldn't you rather be in the ghetto we've created for your kind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

aardwolf posted:

Hello inscrutable oriental! You seem to have accidentally searched for and clicked on a western recipe! Wouldn't you rather be in the ghetto we've created for your kind?

What the gently caress.