Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

who's the red dragon skeleton

Carnage

Oh wait sorry, idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sorry but Dragon Ball made it so every transformation has to be their own fighter. It's the law now.

This is still dumb. The best dbz games were the ones were you had to power up just to go ssj.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

shadow warrior was trash, every zone's levels looked exactly the same and its a bunch of monster gates over and over on top of that

But enough about Doom 2016, lol. merry trollsmas

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

But enough about Doom 2016, lol. merry trollsmas

It was fun but yeah it was samey. It was short though so samey was fine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

My brain is so busted... my compulsive need to restart RPGs if I detect a slight imperfection with my character, or if I wonder how a different class' playstyle might go, means that I never get past even the halfway point. I'll keep restarting until I eventually get distracted by another game. It's taking its toll.

My 2019 gamer resolution is to change this

Having grown up with computer RPGs I am still weary about this. A lot of these older RPGs would brick wall you full stop if you developed your character certain ways. :/

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Finally beat Tyranny. I almost think it should be more popular because the first two acts were pretty good, some personal problems with ai aside. Third act was kinda disappointing, I broke the power curve in half during the second act and the game never brought out anything challenging.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone say merry christmas to the protagonist of DINOSAUR RESURRECTION

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only when his face learns proper proportions.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Copyright infringement is not a joke, forum poster The 7th Guest

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Having grown up with computer RPGs I am still weary about this. A lot of these older RPGs would brick wall you full stop if you developed your character certain ways. :/

Yeah. In my dottage, I’ve taken to reading min/max character guides so I understand the mechanics and then deviating from them towards whatever my chracter concepts are. gently caress RPGs that give you 50 chances to use ability x and 4 chances to use ability y and gently caress RPGs that don’t have full (cosmetic & mechanical) respec throughout the game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Unless you're a reviewer, the 2018 GOTYs aren't about games released in 2018, it's about games you played in 2018. And it was quite a year...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Had to do ~The Adult Thing~ today and spend my Christmas cash on getting a new phone, as my old one is on the way out.

Luckily ~The Kid Thing~ is to buy the PSVR Headset bundle that I wanted to buy tomorrow on credit, and pay it off next pay day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just managed to ruin Christmas by pointing out the new T-shirt that my mum lovingly bought for my dad this year is actually a piece of Pokemon merch :toot:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Finally some honest words on MGSurvive

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

who's the red dragon skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-yTYF88d4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Had to do ~The Adult Thing~ today and spend my Christmas cash on getting a new phone, as my old one is on the way out.

Luckily ~The Kid Thing~ is to buy the PSVR Headset bundle that I wanted to buy tomorrow on credit, and pay it off next pay day.

I dunno, getting a new phone would be pretty exciting to me. :3:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am, snagged a Pixel 3, but I was hoping to get another year out of my current one before having to upgrade.

But hey, at least I'll be Diablo Immortal ready! :suicide:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lucy is such a hack

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Going to try to finally play Prey. I kept stopping at the very beginning.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So I bought shadow of war in the sale cos it was cheap and I kinda enjoyed the first one, though I didn't finish it cos it was really long.

But I have a question.

Now I'm not a huge lord of the rings buff, I know a few bits about it, but I'm fairly sure that Shelob is a giant spider and has been since she or possibly her mam hosed with the magic trees a million years ago.

But in this game she is a big titty lady in a dress.

Why is this?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

So I bought shadow of war in the sale cos it was cheap and I kinda enjoyed the first one, though I didn't finish it cos it was really long.

But I have a question.

Now I'm not a huge lord of the rings buff, I know a few bits about it, but I'm fairly sure that Shelob is a giant spider and has been since she or possibly her mam hosed with the magic trees a million years ago.

Why is this?

Because they wanted her to be a big titty lady instead of a spider.

the game is just lotr fanfiction, don't think about it too much

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

But I have a question.

Why is this?

There is a very good and very canonical reason and youd have to read the Silmarillion to find out why and since we both know you wont do that youll just have to trust us, wont you?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I am, snagged a Pixel 3, but I was hoping to get another year out of my current one before having to upgrade.

But hey, at least I'll be Diablo Immortal ready! :suicide:

I have a Pixel 1, but have been starring at the new Apple phones, especially now that they work on Google Fi. I think i'll be able to get another 2 years or so out of mine though. The wife insists that I wait until this phone is dead, and honestly she is right, that is a good policy to have. :P

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Odin Sphere had the superior big titty spider lady because she was actually part spider (and part skeleton)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It's like you've never heard of a glamor before

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They should've kept shelob as a giant spider instead of trying to chase the trend of "sexy lady with spider parts"

I say that as if that was an actual trend. Idk what it is but it seems like there are a not-insignificant number of spiders in media that are also meant to be sexy women.

I dunno what the origin of that is, if someone was just like "drat spiders are hot but I wish they had woman tops" or if it's just a natural extension of the whole black widow thing where people have described deadly women as being black widows

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Shelob doesn't even have spider parts, she's just a pale human woman.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess I'm more specifically asking is there something in the first game that explains why shelob is a big titty lady in this one? If it's supposed to be unexplained at the moment that's OK I just worry I've missed something important when something that unexpected happens.

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's like you've never heard of a glamor before

I mean I didn't know that shelob was also a wizard either tbh.

Or intelligent.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I guess I'm more specifically asking is there something in the first game that explains why shelob is a big titty lady in this one? If it's supposed to be unexplained at the moment that's OK I just worry I've missed something important when something that unexpected happens.

Nah she just transformed into a big titty lady because she wanted to

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shelob became a titty lady out of envy for Sauron and the Nine, who are actually all titty ladies under their cloaks and armor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Should have made her a sexy lady bottom with a spider top IMO

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

Should have made her a sexy lady bottom with a spider top IMO

Should have just made her the usual huge spider except with big tits

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shelob found Princess Peach's crown

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone is forgetting about Chaos Witch Quelaag. :(

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Or her predecessor from the King's Field games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_91uPvLyw

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also on the subject of shadow of war, is celebrimbor capable of saying any sentence that does not contain the world palantir?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Careful, buddy. Treading dangerously close to misappropriating some WEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wood elf vernacular English?