Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Keurig coffee is fine. At my current job we have a big one in the office and it's so much better having to bring your own kcups and being able to just go grab a cup whenever instead of the following annoyances of a communal pot: the people who never pay, the people who leave the last 1/5 of a cup in and don't make a new pot, the people who don't take the filters/grounds out, etc. It's more expensive to me and there's the environmental aspect, but it's worth it to me to get one over on the coffee delinquents of the office.

I've never worked in a place where the coffee wasn't free. Granted in a few cases it was the absolute cheapest coffee to be found on the planet but hey, at least it had caffeine and was free. How common is it for places to actually charge employees for coffee?

That seems to me to be completely insane. You don't get between a worker and his go juice. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
So far I haven't worked for a company that provides the coffee. In the past with pots it was always one person who bought the coffee/filters and then it was an honor system of putting 10 cents or whatever it was in whenever you took a cup, or my last one would have a tally sheet and at the end of the month you pay a lump sum based on #yourcups/#totalcups * cost. In defense of my current job, there is somebody that is "stocking" the keurig with free kcups, but they are decaf and therefore pointless garbage that nobody wants.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So far I haven't worked for a company that provides the coffee. In the past with pots it was always one person who bought the coffee/filters and then it was an honor system of putting 10 cents or whatever it was in whenever you took a cup, or my last one would have a tally sheet and at the end of the month you pay a lump sum based on #yourcups/#totalcups * cost. In defense of my current job, there is somebody that is "stocking" the keurig with free kcups, but they are decaf and therefore pointless garbage that nobody wants.

That is the weirdest loving thing. They have got to be trolling.

E: competitive larping should be a pro sport. Imagine two NFL teams in full on armour beating the poo poo out of each other with blunt swords. Tell me you wouldn’t be entertained.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Dec 26, 2018

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I do not care for coffee.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Coffee is proof that god loves us

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That is the weirdest loving thing. They have got to be trolling.

The decaf thing? Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. When I first started the case was almost empty but last week it completely filled up, so either someone keeps getting variety packs and dumping the trash on us in case someone wants it, or there's one weirdo here that actually drinks the stuff and he feels comfortable storing it in the open like that since he knows nobody will touch it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: competitive larping should be a pro sport. Imagine two NFL teams in full on armour beating the poo poo out of each other with blunt swords. Tell me you wouldn’t be entertained.

You should check out battle of the nations. Larping is more like community theater though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LARPing and renaissance fair stuff gets a bad rap, every one I've ever been to was a great time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ommin posted:

Ok, here it goes...PHUO: Coffee is overhyped. It's caffeine distribution. It's no different than soda.

This is treating reality like a video game. "Sure, coffee gives +5 to alertness but you can get the same bonus from soft drink or tea so they're completely interchangeable." In real life people enjoy coffee for reasons other than the caffeine content.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Boffer (like the LARP battles described but with lighter weapons and less armor) should be a part of every American public school from elementary through high school. Plus it'll help identify the kids with social problems REALLY fast.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

Boffer (like the LARP battles described but with lighter weapons and less armor) should be a part of every American public school from elementary through high school. Plus it'll help identify the kids with social problems REALLY fast.

I’m surprised some kind of regulated larpy sport doesn’t exist (fencing is the closest thing I can think of) since, much like they’re prone to kick or throw balls, if you hand sticklike objects to kids they will almost always immediately stage a “sword fight.”

Ball sports have the advantage of needing less equipment but US football and hockey need lots of gear that loads of schools provide.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Dec 26, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The one album Rainbow did with Graham Bonnet was better than the ones they'd done before that with Ronnie James Dio.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m surprised some kind of regulated larpy sport (fencing is the closest thing I can think of) since, much like they’re prone to kick or throw balls, if you hand sticklike objects to kids they will almost always immediately stage a “sword fight.”

Ball sports have the advantage of needing less equipment but US football and hockey need lots of gear that loads of schools provide.

They may provide the hundreds of dollars of pads every child needs but they also charge for it

Although as experiences go having your mom take you to a cup fitting makes it all worthwhile

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"Banter" is just the new magic word for being an unlikable mean-spirited douche.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

The one album Rainbow did with Graham Bonnet was better than the ones they'd done before that with Ronnie James Dio.

:stonk:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The only good prog rock band from the 70s was Uriah Heep. Queen were also good but they weren't really prog rock.

Most progressive rock is a load of complete rubbish.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you drive a big pickup truck and don't need it for your job, or drive a big SUV and don't live in a household with more than five people, you're a bad person and the world would be better off without you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yardbomb posted:

"Banter" is just the new magic word for being an unlikable mean-spirited douche.

How? This literally makes zero sense.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
What you dont think mathematical precision is the key to fun music?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

The only good prog rock band from the 70s was Uriah Heep. Queen were also good but they weren't really prog rock.

Most progressive rock is a load of complete rubbish.

Pink Floyd is good and Led Zeppelin is bad

Tool is mediocre but they have done good shows

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

If you drive a big pickup truck and don't need it for your job, or drive a big SUV and don't live in a household with more than five people, you're a bad person and the world would be better off without you.

Ho’s Fifth Law of Texas Roads: the size of a pickup truck is inversely proportional to the total mass its driver has reason to haul

Work trucks are all tiny beat up PoSs. Big nice trucks are college kids and redneck Mid Life CrisisMobiles

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Fleetwood Macs peaks were some of the greatest in rock music

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The_Rob posted:

How? This literally makes zero sense.

*Say really lovely thing*

*Someone understandably says gently caress off or is upset*

"HEH WOAH MAN IT'S JUST THE BANTZZZ CHILL OUT"

Every single time I see someone use the word, it's backpedaling on acting like a bigot or otherwise complete prick.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ho’s Fifth Law of Texas Roads: the size of a pickup truck is inversely proportional to the total mass its driver has reason to haul

Work trucks are all tiny beat up PoSs. Big nice trucks are college kids and redneck Mid Life CrisisMobiles

That's not necessarily true, it's pretty common for a successful contractor to buy a big rear end super expensive truck. It's still way bigger than they need mainly because of the giant luxurious cabin, but they still use it to haul stuff for work.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CrRoMa posted:

Fleetwood Macs peaks were some of the greatest in rock music

This doesn't seem like an unpopular opinion to me.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Even before we learned half of the creators were sex-offenders The Usual Suspects wasn't a terribly good film.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Even before we learned half of the creators were sex-offenders The Usual Suspects wasn't a terribly good film.

I feel the same (don't know about the sex offender part though) about The Reservoir Dogs which I feel has a similar reputation as that one. They were alright movies and there's nothing particularly bad I could say about them, but they weren't very memorable to me and just didn't "do it" for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

English accents are the least threatening of all the accents. A threat coming from an English person sounds more like a polite request. I think this is why they used to be such jerks back in the day.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

English accents are the least threatening of all the accents. A threat coming from an English person sounds more like a polite request. I think this is why they used to be such jerks back in the day.

Yeah that part in snatch with brick top talking about the pig farm sounded like a nice old man telling a slightly morbid story and starts rambling toward the end about nemeses, not a guy who actually wants to feed them to some pigs.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

RP sure, but Vinnie Jones sounds plenty threatening to me.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m surprised some kind of regulated larpy sport doesn’t exist (fencing is the closest thing I can think of) since, much like they’re prone to kick or throw balls, if you hand sticklike objects to kids they will almost always immediately stage a “sword fight.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugger

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s real dumb that AAVE is “vernacular” but something like geordie isn’t.

British accents fall into two categories: “cute” and “not comprehensible”

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s real dumb that AAVE is “vernacular” but something like geordie isn’t.

British accents fall into two categories: “cute” and “not comprehensible”

Idk, I've heard some that are both cute and incomprehensible and others that are neither.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Wheat Loaf posted:

Joe Lynn Turner 4lyfe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think war and suffering is good.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Woah, alrighty then.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gripweed posted:

Similarly, I wish they still sold truly small trucks and Utes (car-based pickups) again in the U.S. Just something small, easy to park, and not too hard on gas, but can still haul stuff or tow a trailer with couple motorcycles on it.

Also sell more Station Wagons.

Or really anything that isn't a loving crossover.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's really good music coming out pretty much every year. You just won't find them if you only stick to what Spotify recommends you.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

There's really good music coming out pretty much every year. You just won't find them if you only stick to what Spotify recommends you.

But but but

Imagine Dragons last album was not great

And my favorite group Arcade Fire

last album was poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Agreed but only if it’s for my benefit and I avoid any long-lasting consequences,