Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can't stand people speaking earnestly about videogames unless it's wrapped in bacon and deep fried in Lyle gas leak brain damage style irony.

Frankly my reaction is more to the people who take it more seriously than even Giant Bomb themselves because it's ludicrous, and I never would of liked this anyway, and prefer to hear about it second hand from people who know what stuff I want to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The truth is, I don't actually care what other people think about a game, ever. :cheerdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only trust Tim Rogers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well except when he talked poo poo about Tekken 6. That was messed up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a Todd Rogers main.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
People still get on Abby’s case for the Dream Daddy stuff but her adamant refusal to discuss Nier Automata and attempts to knock it away from GOTY consideration were a lot more weird and concerning... Liking bad games isn’t nearly as bad as hating good games IMO

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I was really willing to give Abby a chance, but calling Automata’s OST “crappy generic JRPG music” is irredeemable

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Calling Dota 2 the game of 2017 is worse than not liking a pervert Beat Em Up because it's too hard, to me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wormskulls right that its not just that shes a dope, its that everyone else there could never articulate anything that would convince her otherwise

my other post came off more dramatic than i meant it lmao, im not mad at their picks or whatever, i just cant stand to hear it any more, its become impossibly boring and this years format amplified that

bob explaining why dead cells is the best indie roguelike platformer of the last 3 months would be better cuz he would be excited about it, when i saw him streaming dusk he started singing a sonic song to himself in the middle of it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Top 10 just leaked.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

wormskulls right that its not just that shes a dope, its that everyone else there could never articulate anything that would convince her otherwise

my other post came off more dramatic than i meant it lmao, im not mad at their picks or whatever, i just cant stand to hear it any more, its become impossibly boring and this years format amplified that

bob explaining why dead cells is the best indie roguelike platformer of the last 3 months would be better cuz he would be excited about it, when i saw him streaming dusk he started singing a sonic song to himself in the middle of it

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Which song.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

lmao :)

Wormskull posted:

Frankly my reaction is more to the people who take it more seriously than even Giant Bomb themselves because it's ludicrous, and I never would of liked this anyway, and prefer to hear about it second hand from people who know what stuff I want to hear.

i posted this in the ninty thread but Dan was suckign dead cells off and explained he beat rogue legacy 4 times in a row and it was his goty of that year

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I was really willing to give Abby a chance, but calling Automata’s OST “crappy generic JRPG music” is irredeemable

She was also way way down on the persona 5 soundtrack. Normally I let goty casts wash over me as the stupid background noise during the holiday break they’re meant to be but that broke through.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The gently caress?? The whole reason to listen to these things is because it's entertainingly bad like the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail. Last year was the first just plain bad year like a modern Sandler joint. Don't act like you all just suddenly saw the light and Always Hated That poo poo. gently caress out of here with your bitch rear end.

This tbh

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol if you listen to the debate podcasts just read the lists

they always get good guest lists which is way better than the pods

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The gently caress?? The whole reason to listen to these things is because it's entertainingly bad like the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail. Last year was the first just plain bad year like a modern Sandler joint. Don't act like you all just suddenly saw the light and Always Hated That poo poo. gently caress out of here with your bitch rear end.

i mean, i didnt suddenly see the light, the goty podcasts keep getting longer every year at the same rate that they lose interesting employees, while i keep getting older and continually less interested in hearing (sry to be mean to them) surface level thoughts on games

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

extremebuff posted:

lmfao. the abby hate is out of control (wonder why??) fully agreed here

yeah it's a mystery lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

They can't just say "worst game of the year" for some reason

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pumprag posted:

yeah it's a mystery lol

Don’t act coy you simpering retard. If there’s something you want to say, spit it out.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Don’t act coy you simpering retard. If there’s something you want to say, spit it out.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Jesus dude.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

[Starts barking like DMX]

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

pwnd

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please put these poor souls out of their misery.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Please put these poor souls out of their misery.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brad: [stringing he words together in one long sigh/exhale/exclamation] Rarehasmadesomeofthebestgamesinhistory!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Brad: [stringing he words together in one long sigh/exhale/exclamation] Rarehasmadesomeofthebestgamesinhistory!

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
giant bomb mod with a belly full of xmas candy refreshing the abby comments to pwn the trolls :razzy:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Everyone please infantilize the grown woman and protect that smile.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mario party party is back!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

holy poo poo the reveal of it is so good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

mario party party is back!!

It fell off after 2 because the games got worse in a boring way and Everyone does the same bit, but more depressed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everyone please infantilize the grown woman and protect that smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

It fell off after 2 because the games got worse in a boring way and Everyone does the same bit, but more depressed.

:doge: