Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bulletsponge13 posted:

I agree- let's go back. Mattis would be an awesome Cinncinatus.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's a little iffy, but Trump might finally be visiting troops in Afghanistan. Would explain the lack of brain genius tweets today.

https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/1077974508072591360?s=19

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Escaping to Russia.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hannibal Rex posted:

Escaping to Russia.

They’d send him back.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
... do they make an iotv big enough for his giant, sloppy tits?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

not caring here posted:

... do they make an iotv big enough for his giant, sloppy tits?

Do they make them like ponchos?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Excited to find out what brain worm inspired dumbassery our toddler president manages to accomplish with a simple photo op. I feel like he'll be truly inspired to accomplish something with this, the television has been telling him how important it is for awhile now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird food bathtub posted:

Excited to find out what brain worm inspired dumbassery our toddler president manages to accomplish with a simple photo op. I feel like he'll be truly inspired to accomplish something with this, the television has been telling him how important it is for awhile now.

His mouthbreather base will no longer have to change the subject when it's brought up that he never visited a combat zone because he's a pissbaby.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

His mouthbreather base will no longer have to change the subject when it's brought up that he never visited a combat zone because he's a pissbaby.

Well sure that's the goal, but I'm excited to see what he actually does. Lecturing the troops on their 401k performance? Sundowning meltdown? Actual, literal pants making GBS threads? The mind spins with possibilities.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird food bathtub posted:

Well sure that's the goal, but I'm excited to see what he actually does. Lecturing the troops on their 401k performance? Sundowning meltdown? Actual, literal pants making GBS threads? The mind spins with possibilities.

Sundowning meltdown with bragging about himself and bitching about the Democrats and the wall is a given. What else he'll say is the mystery.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Practice touch and goes

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Someone lets off an arty sim and he lays mud

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He'll talk about taking incoming fire that never existed, just to make his Hillary criticisms even more ridiculous than they already are

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"There were three snipers, it's true! There were three snipers shooting at me, and I tell ya, I ran in a serpentine, and I run the best serpentine pattern, believe me, they couldn't hit me if they tried"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNU3WumPFQ

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Slim Pickens posted:

"There were three snipers, it's true! There were three snipers shooting at me, and I tell ya, I ran in a serpentine, and I run the best serpentine pattern, believe me, they couldn't hit me if they tried"

They missed because they werent american snipers.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Deathy McDeath posted:

This is not true. ق certainly doesn’t have a direct English equivalent, but ط is just a regular T sound.

Nah ت is the English T sound. ط is velarized and has a distinct sound. You can make yourself understood if you say it the same but it mark you as a non-native with a lazy accent most places.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1078007105339224064?s=19

I'm the surprised-looking old private on the right.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Internet Wizard posted:

Nah ت is the English T sound. ط is velarized and has a distinct sound. You can make yourself understood if you say it the same but it mark you as a non-native with a lazy accent most places.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can't wait to hear all the whining that people aren't sucking Trump's dick for finally performing a bare minimum expectation of his office.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

The radar return off Trump’s hair must be spectacular.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Can I get a translation on this?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Everybody has the sorta awkward-skeptical-bemused "Huh, here I am in a room with THE DONALD" look appropriate to the situation and then there's the black lady that is just fully :getin:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Can I get a translation on this?

Centrist dems love the guy who gave Ted Cruz a run for his money and want him to run for president. Leftist people are looking at his record and finding him to be more conservative than they would like for a president. Obviously he's wildly better than Cruz either way but for a national president they want someone who's not a centrist.

Centrist dems think this skepticism is a dastardly coordinated attack.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 26, 2018

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1078017188169158656?s=20 :lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump does look at CNN. How do I know? 2 days ago they criticized him for not visiting troops in a war zone like all other presidents.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I know that this administration is horribly bad at advance work prepping the way, so I can only assume that everyone responsible for the president's life is probably making GBS threads themselves right now

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

haha going through that tweet response thing looking for purestrain QAnon i think I found it

Spoilered because crazy, but some of those "Ways Dems want to destroy America" wouldn't be too bad, like cutting back the MIC and closing down/consolidating bases, and getting rid of the Electoral College.

E: spoilers don't work because the forums automatically render twitter urls as embedded tweets.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 26, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1078008096579043328

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

my kinda ape posted:

Centrist dems love the guy who gave Ted Cruz a run for his money and want him to run for president. Leftist people are looking at his record and finding him to be more conservative than they would like for a president. Obviously he's wildly better than Cruz either way but for a national president they want someone who's not a centrist.

Centrist dems think this skepticism is a dastardly coordinated attack.

They do?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This is, if not more, cringey than those weird stepford wives with a guitar doing conservative music at trump rallies.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

another milquetoast wouldn't be actively awful but dems have an angry base ready for change and someone like beto would just be pissing that away

if biden is the dem nominee im going full accelerationist

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Saw some tweets claiming Trump has sold tickets to a new years party with him at Mar-a-lago, and that this Iraq excursion is designed as cover to let him go to directly from Iraq to Florida, shutdown be damned, a man just returing from a war zone needs his R&R yada yada.

Solid prediction, will be entertaining to see where he lands.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Defenestrategy posted:

This is, if not more, cringey than those weird stepford wives with a guitar doing conservative music at trump rallies.

These people saw "fight song" and were like, yeah, we can do waaaay worse.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

:shepicide:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nate is great at stats but his hot takes on everything are so loving annoyingly stupid half the time.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Donald John Trump will be the last American president.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Also is it actually Mole-Er as opposed to Mule-Er?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JenniferShutt/status/1078027176493109248?s=19

He's going to have a groundbreaking for a wall that: he has said:

- doesn't exist
- already exists
- is almost done
- isn't funded
- needs $5b to get done
- should be see-through
- can be metal slats
- is actually just a fence
- will be built by the Military
- will be paid for by Mexico
- will be paid for by Congress
- will be paid for by Mexico as part of USMCA
- will be paid for by itself
- will be paid for by the shutdown money

Because of this post, the wall just got ten feet taller too :(

Edit: lol Amazon posted record Christmas sales and Donnie shut up the whole day, so DJA went up 900.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Donald John Trump will be the last American president.

Donald J Trump will be the president for the rest of our lives.