Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Cleared t7 with these, no mod swapping needed. Took around 20 attempts which doesn't seem that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Chonky paploo who can cant a few hits deffo helps

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i need some advice, ive been doing old republic farm every day since the nodes have opened up and i am at 23/30 bastila, 13/25 jolee and just 4/25 zalbaar with having opened up t3s cantina node today. so that's like i dont know 1300 shards off the top of my head, and i cant begin farming mission for another 7 levels or so which is gonna be i dont know, a little under two weeks?

today i got 4th in fleet, yesterday i was 6, and ive just squeaked in at number 50 in squad arena the past two days. i might be able to keep hovering around top 5 in fleet, so i have 400~ crystals per day or i guess worst case 300? not top tier spending money but pretty good. i've been considering refreshing hard nodes to try to get the farm done a little faster but the really big bottleneck is probably going to be cantina. if revan is back in january or february i stand no chance i guess, i'm kind of doubting i'll be able to get him even in march or april.

so basically what my consideration right now is, what to do with my cantina energy? before i unlocked t3 i had been farming up my TFP, he's been pretty strong for me in ships and will be part of an empire team i could slap together. i have 5* EP and thrawn and vader and i'm working on tarkin. depending on how fleet arena shipments go i might have vader to 6 relatively soon or not for who knows how long. tarkin is an easy farm from arena. so i've kind of got an idea of empire as my next arena team with tader and tarkin and TFP all a possibility in fleet arena, or at the very least for daily challenge unlocks.

the other consideration for my cantina energy is old ben, and i know GMY isnt a priority unlock necessarily but it's not a HUGE jump from bastila and jolee to just jumping to a jedi team. i already have ezra and kanan at 7* and regardless of whether or not i can finish the kotor farm in time i intend to finish bastila and jolee. then depending on when GMY comes back i am not super far out from a bastila led jedi team with GMY replacing kanan which seems like it could be pretty strong.

basically my thinking is that with having to wait on the palpatine and thrawn events and possibly not even being able to 7* thrawn even when it does come back because of event difficulty i am actually closer to a strong meta bastilla led jedi team than i am switching to empire for arena. if i try to finish old ben or tfp in cantina i stand zero chance at revan next time around, but i'm a little concerned that even if i hard farm the old republic the two cantina farms will stop me. my big concern is that if i go for revan and fall short the t3 and mission farm in the cantina will have been a huge waste when i could have been maxing TFP for an empire team/ships or old ben to go jedi.

tldr i dont know if i have time to get my old republic to 7* before revan comes back next and i need to decide who to farm next in cantina.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My advice is to drat the torpedos and finish your Revan farms.

3x refreshes/day in cantina
3x energy refreshes (it's worth it to pop 1 refresh on each hard node)

You can also farm them from fleet hard nodes, so get those unlocked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't know who to put my most recent 20 zeta's on, so I just upgraded R2's other ability because he's much useful everywhere.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't know who to put my most recent 20 zeta's on, so I just upgraded R2's other ability because he's much useful everywhere.

Thats fine

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Both of R2's zetas are amazing so yeah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm not sure who will get the next batch, but I'll probably have a good idea by the time that happens.

God drat being able to finally clear GW with one tap is fantastic.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
ugh trying to get Chewie is hard. I've got a 86k+ zBossk team and I can't get even 6 stars. The rebels tear through my team and I can't kill a single kill.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

ugh trying to get Chewie is hard. I've got a 86k+ zBossk team and I can't get even 6 stars. The rebels tear through my team and I can't kill a single kill.

I finally got chewie 7*!
G12 zBossk, g12 Boba, g11 cad and g10 dengar and ig88. Used my best arena mods and kept retrying until bossk wasn't stunned and r2 wasted a turn on smoke screen after dengar was stealthed. Once chewie is down its cake. First attempt I actually killed him I won.

Really the defeat is over RNG

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

After dozens of failed attempts with G11 zBossk, I took him to G12 and gave him a G12+ piece I've been hoarding and got it in one try. Putting in G10 Cad over G11 IG88 helped too I think.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I watched one of the game changers finish Chewie with a crap Boba team loaded with potency so I'm going to suffer for hours a day every day until I get him with what I've got. :/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

I watched one of the game changers finish Chewie with a crap Boba team loaded with potency so I'm going to suffer for hours a day every day until I get him with what I've got. :/

How I got thrawn right there. Phoenix is on my gear list after I finish the Revan treadmill.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

Fuckin' A right. I've got g12 zBossk, g12 Boba, g11 IG, g10 Zam and Dengar.

Guess I gotta move some mods around.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

At G12 Boba, G11 IG, Dengar, Cad, and Greedo. Constant suffering still.

I hate this. Hate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
IG is trash and will die in the opener every time. See if you can sub him out for something sturdier.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I think the two big problems with IG are that he goes down too quickly and his ability is an aoe that triggers a lot of counterattacks, so either he dies instantly or bossk takes another round of pounding.

Meanwhile my g9 greedo just popped dets even after not realizing the tm reducer was useless.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If I had one Christmas wish...it would be for 150 shards of Jango Fett.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

If I had one Christmas wish...it would be for 150 shards of Jango Fett.

I'd wish for a thousand carbantis.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Chilichimp posted:

Same.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

60/40 carbs stun gun plz santa

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Chilichimp posted:

IG is trash and will die in the opener every time. See if you can sub him out for something sturdier.

With a medpack and the g12+ furnace he's tanky as hell

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

These are the only BHs I have so it's this or nothing. The Chewie event is so unfun I was tempted to quit playing again, but I think I will just give up on the wookie.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Despite having what I consider a pretty decent BH squad the Chewie event is so soul drainingly difficult that I've only done 1 attempt this time around.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the chewie event is almost 100% bullshit based on RNG. It took me ~40 tries and I got absolutely destroyed the first ~39 tries then when I finally beat it I didnt lose anyone and ended with near full hp/prot for everyone. some stupid poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
you might try putting a lot of tenacity on bossk

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RC Cola posted:

With a medpack and the g12+ furnace he's tanky as hell

As someone with a g12+’d z IG88...

No he isn’t.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Finally got it. RNG went my way, plus the first wave focused on Boba so he could revive and use Execute on Chewie.

Really did feel very RNG-dominated compared to my other rounds. Wonder how purposeful that was, i.e. they rewarded players that play more often. Easy to do in a one-off event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I slapped my most recent Zeta on Sion, and replaced Tarkin with him on my arena team. Its now Palps, Vader, Nihilus, Thrawn and Sion. I need a better straight Empire team though so now I've gotten FOEx at 7* i'm working on the Death Trooper.

With my backup rebel team, i'm working on replacing Biggs and Wedge with Baze and Chirrut. Though I want to level Jyn as well. Still don't know what to do long term with my Jedi, I guess I'll keep improving GK, GMY and now that I got Hermit Yoda i can put effort into him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That's a core EP team right there.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CaptainPsyko posted:

As someone with a g12+’d z IG88...

No he isn’t.

He's cardboard instead of paper*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Think it's about time to hang up my ezpz team for arena. Served me well but with increasing revan and 3po teams I'm falling further behind on defense, even with better mods than everyone near me in rank

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Think it's about time to hang up my ezpz team for arena. Served me well but with increasing revan and 3po teams I'm falling further behind on defense, even with better mods than everyone near me in rank

thanks to CLS madness right now I'm back in the top ten for the first time since GK became accessible to most people (i was in a poo poo guild at the time, took a while to catch up and I just wasn't in to Sith Trio).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am inching toward the end of the old republic farm death march and i have probably 30-40 more days left but i am not entirely sure which way to go after since i've deviated from the typical start recommendation a bit. any tips for where to go next after i finish my revan farm?

https://swgoh.gg/p/956684945/

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
In case anyone missed out on any of the latest puzzle fun from CG, the latest puzzle from SB_Crumb confirmed that the original trilogy Millenium Falcon is coming, and strongly hints that you will need 5 scoundrel ships to unlock it.

That's Hound's Tooth, Xanadu Blood, Lando's MF, IG-2000, and Slave-I.

I completely forgot IG2K was farmable recently, so I just started farming it yesterday :sweatdrop:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

rabidsquid posted:

i am inching toward the end of the old republic farm death march and i have probably 30-40 more days left but i am not entirely sure which way to go after since i've deviated from the typical start recommendation a bit. any tips for where to go next after i finish my revan farm?

https://swgoh.gg/p/956684945/

I'd say finish Phoenix so you can get 7* thrawn, since you are so close to it already. After that get 5 jedi to 7* and geared enough to get GMY since he is the staple of any jedi team

Edit: gearing kanan and especially Ezra up will help with the thrawn fight and give you a decent start on a jedi team to use with revan/bastila/jolee for getting GMY

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 6, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still don't get why people keep acting like Revan is sone easy farm. You need pretty well developed mission and zaalbar to even get past the first part of his quest.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I still don't get why people keep acting like Revan is sone easy farm. You need pretty well developed mission and zaalbar to even get past the first part of his quest.

All my guys were g7 except bastila. That qualifies as easy I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have a g11 zBast, g11 T3-M4, 4*g11 Jolee and 4*g8 mission/zaal.

That should be enough, provided I star up the toons before then, right?