Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Gologle posted:

Yeah I'm not really feeling the Andromalius grind, can the DW bots hurry up and give us a boost? While I still need tons of Lanugos, I don't care enough about them to grind it out, especially when most of the time I get dust (which is nice, don't get me wrong) or Lanterns (which I don't really need anymore)

Couldn't agree more.

The wonky raids, while appreciated for their mats, disrupted the pacing of the singularity, and I just want to get on with the story at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gologle posted:

Yeah dude because that would be the most boring afterlife ever.

helping provide disaster relief, truly the most boring afterlife anyone could ask for

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Gologle posted:

Yeah I'm not really feeling the Andromalius grind, can the DW bots hurry up and give us a boost? While I still need tons of Lanugos, I don't care enough about them to grind it out, especially when most of the time I get dust (which is nice, don't get me wrong) or Lanterns (which I don't really need anymore)

Agreed. The rewards are nice, some more Lanugos would be great, but after a couple days of only having natural AP to work with I'd rather they just turn on the bots, crank up the speed and let us get on with punching out Solomon already. Especially since, going by the tracker, there's no way we're even gonna come close to finishing Andromalius by the end of the year on our own.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Main Paineframe posted:

It's a bit vague because Shirou's conception of it wasn't really about justice or righteousness - it was about saving people, just rescuing them from danger. After all, the experience that gave him that ambition was what seemed to be a natural disaster. Not an evil villain oppressing the people, not criminals exploiting the people - just a seemingly random fire. If he hadn't gotten involved in all the magus poo poo, he probably would have ended up wanting to become a paramedic or firefighter.

Ultimately, Shirou didn't want to fight bad guys - he just wanted to rescue people in trouble. More of a first-responder kind of "hero" rather than a fighter for justice. It just doesn't really get a chance to shine in the Fate setting where everything is always ultimately the fault of a human or some other intelligent being. The mismatch is magnified for Heroic Spirit Emiya, since he never gets summoned to reinforce a breaking dam or shore up a building that's about to collapse or whatever.

He intended to study law rather than become a rescue worker or fireman though.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Sophism posted:

Couldn't agree more.

The wonky raids, while appreciated for their mats, disrupted the pacing of the singularity, and I just want to get on with the story at this point.

Well, JP finished the whole raid section in 48 hours.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Be nice if they'd saved the kill acceleration for this useless piece of poo poo instead of prematurely killing off the poo poo people actually wanted to farm.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Be nice if they'd saved the kill acceleration for this useless piece of poo poo instead of prematurely killing off the poo poo people actually wanted to farm.

I actually still need 60 lanugos.

Also, Barbatos (i.e. the most wanted of the pillars) was killed by users, with no bots help.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I remember saying that I need dusts a lot but I can't even remember what I need them for anymore.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

No one else on the server does.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
JP also had 3 million more downloads than us at this point

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tae posted:

JP also had 3 million more downloads than us at this point

I remember just 3 days ago people complaining about bots help because "If we follow the story, then we actually have 7 more days until the end of the world. That's plenty of time to do the raids normally. "

Also, it's not 1 millions vs 4 millions, it's 4 millions VS 7 millions. If they needed 48 hours, we should have completed this in 96.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 27, 2018

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

No one else on the server does.

I need them for Musashi, Shiki (Assassin), Jack, Bedivere, Orion. I need lots of them! I also need lots of lanugo’s for Musashi’s skills

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I just wish the bots had killed pillars in the correct order :argh:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The trash heap was definitely needed mats-wise, both Lanugos and Lanterns were in very short supply for me.

But I also finished my needed thresholds yesterday so I'm more or less ready to move on as well. I imagine they will turn on the gas in a day or two and conveniently finish on either 12/30 or 12/31 morning.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

As someone who decided to finally get Tamamo to 10/10/10 today and stop hoarding qp and mats....I'm much saltier about Barbatos now than I was a few days ago.

:argh: pages:argh:

guess it's 10/8/10 for awhile :sadmikon:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

YggdrasilTM posted:

I remember just 3 days ago people complaining about bots help because "If we follow the story, then we actually have 7 more days until the end of the world. That's plenty of time to do the raids normally. "

The issue wasn't the bots helping, so much as how the bots helped. I'm pretty sure no one would've cared if they gradually spread out their assistance over all pillars evenly, instead of nuking two of them out of nowhere. That said, the main issue for me is having the raid's gating stagger all the gravitas for the final chapter.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Also, it's not 1 millions vs 4 millions, it's 4 millions VS 7 millions. If they needed 48 hours, we should have completed this in 96.

JP was swimming in apples due to all the technical issues that plagued the game's first year or so, and Christmas isn't as relevant culturally, so they probably weren't as busy with preparations and large family gatherings.

And that's without us knowing for sure if JP got any raid assistance of their own. Did they graph out kills per second like NA has been doing?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 27, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
how do you people not need 69420 lanterns

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I bet people grouped together in a room and raided while eating KFC, those bastards.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Space Flower posted:

Like 80 boxes in lotto mostly

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Space Flower posted:

It's definitely up there as one of the nastiest silver mats. The problem with using up more that I've encountered is situations like Medea where she's blocked by (guess what) pages. Or in some cases the servants I want to use them on (King Hassan) have not yet been released. At least for Nightingale this pillar also solves her Tearstone needs so I was able to get her up to 9/9/9.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i need lots of saber gems but i also don't like raid events in general so sorry chaldea good luck with all that

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Transient People posted:

Like 80 boxes in lotto mostly

This, I got to somewhere in the 70s during Nerofest and I'm still sitting on a large portion of the ones I got there.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Yeah, at this point, nobody's using apples so they can farm goddamn Andromalius, I'm matblocked on things I cannot possibly get any more. Everything being equal, I could do maybe ten runs against him a day on natural AP and the only reason I even bother is because I'm getting 1,001 bond per battle out of it.

In other words, release us from this hell, Kill Bots.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I've been out of the FGO loop since Halloween and now I have no idea what's going on. I'm still on Camelot and I know that Babylon came out. What is this demon pillar farming and gondor calls for aid thing going on with the servants? Should I be trying to rush through Camelot to catch up? :ohdear:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've been out of the FGO loop since Halloween and now I have no idea what's going on. I'm still on Camelot and I know that Babylon came out. What is this demon pillar farming and gondor calls for aid thing going on with the servants? Should I be trying to rush through Camelot to catch up? :ohdear:

Not at this point, you already missed the free 30 quartz and the good farming.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, Figured I'd give merlin my 6 or so summon tix....

Took 3. There goes all my luck for Musashi.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Sophism posted:

The issue wasn't the bots helping, so much as how the bots helped. I'm pretty sure no one would've cared if they gradually spread out their assistance over all pillars evenly, instead of nuking two of them out of nowhere. That said, the main issue for me is having the raid's gating stagger all the gravitas for the final chapter.

Every time the bots started to attack a pillar, they still took at least 24 hours to kill it. It was not really "nuking them out of nowhere"

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 28, 2018

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Revolver Bunker posted:

You missed taking Jack, Nursery and JASLyn (my nickname for Jeanne Alter Santa Lily) to the beach for early December christmas. And you're not the only one rushing to complete Babylon which totally has nothing to do with me being lazy and not doing the dailies for QP like everyone else recomended.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 28, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

There's currently a time-limited event farming node that drops Dust, Lanterns, Tears and Lanugos. It requires you to complete Babylonia to access it, but it's only available for another 3-4 days so you probably won't get much out of it at this point even if you rush.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

They just released the big final boss event that ends part 1 of the story. It’s the part that comes after Babylon.

It has some raid quests against demon pillars that give good droprates for some mats, which is what everyone has been talking about. You’re probably too late to partake of the raids, but the event itself is a story chapter and doesn’t go away, so there’s no real rush for you.

I would try to work on the story when you have time, though. The first limited time event that requires part 1 to be finished hits in late spring.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Space Flower posted:

If you had every single servant that requires lanterns, including all 12 5*s some of who won't be out for over a year, and wanted to take them all to 10/10/10 it may be an issue, yes, since then you would need just shy of 2000. However, if you are not then you don't need nearly as many. I ended the first Halloween event sitting on over 150 IIRC, and still haven't dipped too low overall, especially since I've been topping off in other events.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I only need a little over 200 lanterns now for the Servants I want in the future. I am now at 188. Since I'm not even guaranteed to get those Servants in the future, I'm perfectly fine for lanterns. There are mats that you need basically infinity quantities of, looking at you, Dragon Fangs and Void Dust, but lanterns aren't one of them.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
There has GOT to be a way that I can OTK this stupid pillar. I can sense it in my blood and I've poured dozens of kills into this thing with varied comps trying to delete it in a singe round before it erases all my buffs.

I wish that I'd loved Chloe harder and that she was at more than Bond 5.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crasical posted:

There has GOT to be a way that I can OTK this stupid pillar. I can sense it in my blood and I've poured dozens of kills into this thing with varied comps trying to delete it in a singe round before it erases all my buffs.

what servants do you have

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Crasical posted:

Just use the plugsuit stun and it won’t wipe your buffs

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Crasical posted:

Is your Robin bond 6+? He can probably oneround with Mozart/Tamamo + Waver. I know mine cracks 1 million reliably for instance.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Kild posted:

what servants do you have

Assume that 4 and 5 servants are at level 80, 3 stars are at level 70, and if I don't mention them they're below 70. Exceptions will be noted.

Sabers: Elizabeth, D'Eon, Artoria!Lily, Caesar, Fergus
Archers: Orion, Chloe, Nobu, Emiya, Billy, Gil!Lily, David, Euryale, Robin
Lancers: Karna, SantaSmolter, Li Shuwen, Elizabeth, Diarmuid, Proto!Cu Chulainn, Cu Chulainn
Riders: Kintoki, Astolfo, SantaAlter, Anne❤️Mary, St. Martha (70), Marie, Iksander!Lily, Medusa
Casters: Waver, Tamamo, Irisviel, Alice/Nursery Rhyme, Elizabeth, Cu Chulainn, Medea
Assassins: Jack, Scathach!Summer (70), Shiki, Serenity, Hundred Faces, Cursed Arm (70), Jekyl, Jing-Ke, Sanson (70)
Berserkers: Beowulf, Tamamo Cat, Herakles, Kiyohime (80)

And Mashu.

Transient People posted:

Is your Robin bond 6+? He can probably oneround with Mozart/Tamamo + Waver. I know mine cracks 1 million reliably for instance.

He's not, I'm afraid. And I don't have Mozart skilled up...

EDIT: Just checked, Robin+Waver+Double Tamamo hits for 450k-ish.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 28, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My Robin can do it, but he's bond 10 with a maxed Golden Sumo. With that and a Mikon and Waver he does about 800-850k so it's just over that line.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

^it looks like your best options are Orion, chloe, Robin Hood, Heracles, tamamo , and waver, depending on their individual bond levels.

Maybe something like Orion + Robin Hood on the front line, and use the plug suit to give them both waver and tamamo buffs. Or give them stronger CEs and get more NP charge from double waver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Crasical posted:

Assume that 4 and 5 servants are at level 80, 3 stars are at level 70, and if I don't mention them they're below 70. Exceptions will be noted.

Sabers: Elizabeth, D'Eon, Artoria!Lily, Caesar, Fergus
Archers: Orion, Chloe, Nobu, Emiya, Billy, Gil!Lily, David, Euryale, Robin
Lancers: Karna, SantaSmolter, Li Shuwen, Elizabeth, Diarmuid, Proto!Cu Chulainn, Cu Chulainn
Riders: Kintoki, Astolfo, SantaAlter, Anne❤️Mary, St. Martha (70), Marie, Iksander!Lily, Medusa
Casters: Waver, Tamamo, Irisviel, Alice/Nursery Rhyme, Elizabeth, Cu Chulainn, Medea
Assassins: Jack, Scathach!Summer (70), Shiki, Serenity, Hundred Faces, Cursed Arm (70), Jekyl, Jing-Ke, Sanson (70)
Berserkers: Beowulf, Tamamo Cat, Herakles, Kiyohime (80)

And Mashu.

He's not, I'm afraid. And I don't have Mozart skilled up...

He might not be able to get away with a true OTK but I feel like Herc, Waver, and a friend Merlin should be able to dent the poo poo out of the dude. Especially since Waver would let you put something like Golden Sumo on Herc. As noted, plugsuit stun can help give you an extra turn of having the buffs up if the cards don't come up good on turn 1.