Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Crow Jane posted:

In my wildest dreams, they unite as one and descend on the White House
Gnu wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Twitter is kind of relentlessly dragging hoarse whisperer right now and idk what to make of it.

Dude spent last night defending his really hot takes on the $15 minimum wage by being really insistent on how paying pizza delivery guys in bumfuck Montana $32k a year (he kept saying it this way for some reason) was going to break the economy or something

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rscott posted:

Dude spent last night defending his really hot takes on the $15 minimum wage by being really insistent on how paying pizza delivery guys in bumfuck Montana $32k a year (he kept saying it this way for some reason) was going to break the economy or something

He's just a right winger.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Twitter is kind of relentlessly dragging hoarse whisperer right now and idk what to make of it.

It's cool and good. That account is absolutely miserable and is probably actually a Republican.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thats what I’m saying. I follow him for his conservative dragging but he’s also apparently kind of a creep and I just never noticed because I’m not actually extremely online.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Crow Jane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tutrhqgijUE

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The English of 1888 made some semi-accurate predictions of life in 1988. What I wouldn't give for some intellectual, self-acting pyro-aqua vengeance bombs.

https://twitter.com/DigiVictorian/status/1078417527989026817

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

hopefully it would involve a pissed ape

(Thanks to the goon who made this reference months ago)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

This Jim Carrey thing also applies: https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/978787329010626560?s=19

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

happy hellpage

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

His political cartoons are amusing but I still can't forgive him for even associating with Jenny McCarthy.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Cillizza one is top notch.

quote:

1. 2018 was the newest year in politics since 2017.

Think back to January. 2018 was the newest thing in Washington, and no one had any idea how it would go. Now, believe it or not, pretty soon it will never be 2018 again. That’s a massive rise and fall, but it’s typical of how fortunes can change in an instant in the age of the first Reality TV President.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Dear Lord Nero it's obsessed with the loving wall. It was the first thing it yammered about after the escalator ride and it thinks the only thing it's tiny base cares about is it's precious loving WALL(!).

spunkshui posted:

Removing the tax cut would easily pay for the wall right?

I think the tax cut was way less popular then the wall.

Etc. posts: gently caress it sideways with a super nova. gently caress the wall. It is a dead parrot. The poo poo smear get's nothing and likes it. It has no leverage at all.

If it wanted to build a tiny 500 mile-high gold-plated orange penis in the middle of Yosemite for no apparent reason, would we negotiate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

Ob loving sessed.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

The Cillizza one is top notch.

That one and the Bari Weiss one both had me like :yeshaha:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/1078092535506128897?s=19

Are we sure Pop isn't a goon

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pop is famously woke.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Chilichimp posted:

Thats what I’m saying. I follow him for his conservative dragging but he’s also apparently kind of a creep and I just never noticed because I’m not actually extremely online.

Oh, I know this one actually.

https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1078007997522038784

I have no idea who he's supposed to be but going off of these tweets he sucks poo poo.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ZypherIM posted:

The thing is, no one has a solution to that problem that I've seen that isn't literally "kill every last one of them so you know you got them all", and that poo poo wasn't working back in like the spanish-american war either. Check out history, turns out no one has been good at fighting insurgency conflicts and we still haven't figured out a way to do so.

Not saying that we shouldn't be trying to do a better job, just that it isn't in any way a new problem.

Part of it is that in order to be effective, your occupation force has to be really huge by modern standards of troop deployments. I think an American occupation of Iraq could have... I balk at the word 'worked', but let's say 'resulted in far less bloodshed and destabilization' if we'd put a million troops on the ground rather than the meager amount we did.

Of course, it's important to remember that the Bush administration was not planning on occupying Iraq. At all. Rumsfeld and friends built the whole goddamn campaign around the idea that we were going to go kick the door in, capture or kill Saddam Hussein, and then declare Mission Accomplished as we ran off; Paul Bremer conned Bush into an ad-hoc occupation, after the fact. Some others have already remarked on the ill-effects of other various insanities that the best and brightest of neo-conservatism inflicted on Iraq.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

CascadeBeta posted:

He replied to a Barack Obama tweet from 2011...

He's gone full circle on us. Now he looks at Obama during his presidency and goes "huh, there always is a tweet"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Otteration posted:

Dear Lord Nero it's obsessed with the loving wall. It was the first thing it yammered about after the escalator ride and it thinks the only thing it's tiny base cares about is it's precious loving WALL(!).

Etc. posts: gently caress it sideways with a super nova. gently caress the wall. It is a dead parrot. The poo poo smear get's nothing and likes it. It has no leverage at all.

If it wanted to build a tiny 500 mile-high gold-plated orange penis in the middle of Yosemite for no apparent reason, would we negotiate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

Ob loving sessed.

Exactly. He gets no vanity project, no "win" for his base, and no wall or wall-like object. Every single budget from here on out needs to explicitly ban the use of a single cent for a wall.

If he doesn't like it, too bad because he also gets no input on the matter. Either he signs it or it gets rammed down his throat with a veto override, there is no other possibility.

i think this shutdown is going to last a drat long time

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 28, 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Milkshake duck was an answer on Jeopardy. Also Robert Mueller.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Star Man posted:

His political cartoons are amusing but I still can't forgive him for even associating with Jenny McCarthy.
Jim Carrey seems easily persuadable. His comics are amusing but he seems like he's one small lunch visit away from joining a cult at all times.

Like one particularly friendly pizza delivery guy and BAM: Jim is shaving his head and chaining himself to the gorilla habitat.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

InsertPotPun posted:

Jim Carrey seems easily persuadable. His comics are amusing but he seems like he's one small lunch visit away from joining a cult at all times.

Like one particularly friendly pizza delivery guy and BAM: Jim is shaving his head and chaining himself to the gorilla habitat.

He's a believer in The Secret. He'll believe anything if he feels like it's positive for him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

Exactly. He gets no vanity project, no "win" for his base, and no wall or wall-like object. Every single budget from here on out needs to explicitly ban the use of a single cent for a wall.

If he doesn't like it, too bad because he also gets no input on the matter. Either he signs it or it gets rammed down his throat with a veto override, there is no other possibility.

Well, only so long for the Secret Service can still pay their individual bills. Things might get interesting three to six months into a shutdown.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pop is famously woke.

Yeah but we had a mod named after Mr Lenin, it just seems like something someone from lf would say

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I'm not going to tempt fate just yet, but I'm feeling pretty drat comfortable about my "Trump will be blamed" toxx after that poll. We'll see for sure after January 2nd.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Young Freud posted:

Well, only so long for the Secret Service can still pay their individual bills. Things might get interesting three to six months into a shutdown.

The real fun question we might be forced to find the answer to is how does tax day work if the IRS is closed?

Tibalt posted:

I'm not going to tempt fate just yet, but I'm feeling pretty drat comfortable about my "Trump will be blamed" toxx after that poll. We'll see for sure after January 2nd.

I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1078456448282181632

chapo has an ongoing bit pointing out that trump talks about sex like a middle schooler who's never had it and if stormy daniels didn't exist i'd believe he was a virgin.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tibalt posted:

I like the optimism but the clocks just reset to January 1st, 2018 again, as they have always done.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Shifty Pony posted:

Anyone remember 2010/2011 when Obama tried to negotiate with the deficit reduction committees and was willing to negotiate away social security, medicare, and a host of other poo poo for the smallest of tax increases?

How do we do that to Trump, but for the wall?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1078456448282181632

chapo has an ongoing bit pointing out that trump talks about sex like a middle schooler who's never had it and if stormy daniels didn't exist i'd believe he was a virgin.

I'd certainly believe he's never had what anyone but he himself would ever call good sex

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

going down on a woman has never once crossed his mind.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I'm all for half the funds needed to build the wall in exchange for medicare for all, a fair rework of our immigration system, a new green deal, and raising the taxes on the rich.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Tibalt posted:

I don’t really see how it could go any other way after January 3rd. The House will pass a clean CR on their first day, which leaves the Senate with two options: a clean CR, or nothing because the Dems will filibuster anything else. Pelosi just has to throw up her hands and say “hey, we passed a CR, we’re just waiting on the Senate” and the shutdown continuing becomes the GOP’s responsibility. If the Senate passes a clean CR and Trump vetoes it, even more so.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Pop majored in Soviet Studies at the Air Force Academy.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

going down on a woman has never once crossed his mind.

Probably twists nipples like he's violently playing with an Etch-a-sketch, though. Luckily his tiny hands means it doesn't hurt the lady too much.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
/\ plz don't doxx my signature move

Crow Jane posted:

I'd certainly believe he's never had what anyone but he himself would ever call good sex

Considering that non-ugly non-narcissist non-weirdos can make it into triple digits without ever having good sex I think that's a pretty safe bet

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I don’t really see how it could go any other way after January 3rd. The House will pass a clean CR on their first day, which leaves the Senate with two options: a clean CR, or nothing because the Dems will filibuster anything else. Pelosi just has to throw up her hands and say “hey, we passed a CR, we’re just waiting on the Senate” and the shutdown continuing becomes the GOP’s responsibility. If the Senate passes a clean CR and Trump vetoes it, even more so.

I don't think we get a Senate bill unless the GOP is drat sure Trump will sign it. If they stand together against a clean CR then I think there's some chance they can shape a narrative which presents the Dem controlled House as "unreasonably demanding," but if they send anything to Trump's desk and he refuses to sign off that casts them as losing on every front.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Everyone ready for the forever shutdown?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1078441726518456320?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

This is some galaxy brain level obstruction.