Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't it come out later that David Cameron actually did gently caress a pig in college and Charlie Brooker had no idea when he wrote the script

Brooker's response was basically "of course I didn't know that when I wrote the episode? How the gently caress could I know that?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

December's GotM is... looking wistfully into the horizon, mouth dry and eyes heavy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smash Ultimate is my game of the month.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm probably going to finish Kiwami 2 in a couple days, so that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Despite how few games came out, Smash Ultimate, new Wonder Boy, Battle Princess Madelyn and the PS4 release of Subnautuca still make for a pretty good month (smash is gotm though)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm glad Smash is finally finishing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

katamari reroll was game of the month easy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

now we now why smash 4 didn't really have a name, they couldn't call it smash penultimate before the last game was announced

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Smash is real good. Despite the fact that online is sometimes iffy (although not as frequently as some would have you believe) it's honestly the Smash experience I've been waiting for. It's got the portability of the Wii U version without having to worry about input lag from being too far from the console. Character balance is the best it's been ever been. And the lobby mode is a great way to chill out with specific rules and get some practice matches in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not even going to make a lame joke about December GotM being some obscure retro game this month because I'm still so loving moved by Heavenly Sword

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yikes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

More like Heavenly Bore.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Game of the month is Monster Hunter World cause I got back into it and finished it finally.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Started up botw again and ended up playing for 5 hours straight? Goty2018

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Witcher 3 is game of the generation

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I finally got around to beating Escape from Monkey Island. Man, Monkey Island kind of sucks compared to Melee. Some of the puzzles are a bit obtuse and the lack of clear locations makes it a bit annoying to navigate. Now on to MI 2 which I've never played any of! I've heard a lot of people think it's the best so I'm excited. Then it'll be on to CMI Mega Monkey which I've never completed in full, then on to EFMI to see if it's really as mediocre as I remember. Are the Telltale games worth playing?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
December's game of the month is Celeste again

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GRIS came out this month and it was a beautiful game with a killer soundtrack that I'm still listening to!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Tetris until one of you designs a better game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

GRIS came out this month and it was a beautiful game with a killer soundtrack that I'm still listening to!

Everything except the rote gameplay is top notch in gris buuut

Barudak posted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Barudak posted:

Resident Evil 4 has been my GOTY for 10 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Re4 is literally tetris

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was hello neighbor good?? like good enough to get a sequel and toys at target

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m addicted to Yu Gi Oh Duel Links god damnit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

oddium posted:

Good no, extremely popular with children not allowed to play other horror games yes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tetris is boring

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its way through a mountain of bad games with its awesomeness

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sliding into the poo poo pit for bad games that are boring, its final resting place

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have you considered finding yourself in a beautiful VR Tetris experience

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The Walrus posted:

I finally got around to beating Escape from Monkey Island. Man, Monkey Island kind of sucks compared to Melee. Some of the puzzles are a bit obtuse and the lack of clear locations makes it a bit annoying to navigate. Now on to MI 2 which I've never played any of! I've heard a lot of people think it's the best so I'm excited. Then it'll be on to CMI Mega Monkey which I've never completed in full, then on to EFMI to see if it's really as mediocre as I remember. Are the Telltale games worth playing?

The telltale games were pretty mediocre with a few good and memorable moments.

If you like the first one the whole series will be fine, give it a shot.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oddium posted:

it started out as an interesting concept then quickly hosed itself by adding way too many things and doodads and stupid objects, including more "lore" driven gameplay centered around an incredibly stupid loving backstory about the titular neighbor. One of the only non-shrieky Youtubers, John Wolfe (used to go by Harshly Critical, who does mostly indie horror game playthroughs) documented the descent into awfulness really well by doing a new video each time the game updated until he finally concluded it had transformed into dogshit. It's kind of a fascinating story about how the devs tried to make this the next 5 Nights at Freddy's but it's 100% shittier.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

Have you considered finding yourself in a beautiful VR Tetris experience

I'm waiting for it to come to the Rift, honestly

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

it started out as an interesting concept then quickly hosed itself by adding way too many things and doodads and stupid objects, including more "lore" driven gameplay centered around an incredibly stupid loving backstory about the titular neighbor. One of the only non-shrieky Youtubers, John Wolfe (used to go by Harshly Critical, who does mostly indie horror game playthroughs) documented the descent into awfulness really well by doing a new video each time the game updated until he finally concluded it had transformed into dogshit. It's kind of a fascinating story about how the devs tried to make this the next 5 Nights at Freddy's but it's 100% shittier.

see also: Bendy and the Ink Machine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DLC Inc posted:

The setting of Hello Neighbor slowly transforming from a normal creepy house into a grotesque twisted fascimile of a dozen clashing ideas was the greatest metaphor for a video game's development I've ever seen.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gotm is atelier totori. It even came out this month!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

exquisite tea posted:

The setting of Hello Neighbor slowly transforming from a normal creepy house into a grotesque twisted fascimile of a dozen clashing ideas was the greatest metaphor for a video game's development I've ever seen.

Sounds like a way smaller StarCitizen

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

at one point the guy making the playthrough vids opens up the game and is like "why the gently caress is there a train and a roller coaster jutting out of the house" poo poo was just MADNESS

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Legend of Dragoon GOTM

Remake when

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is the intel i5-9700K good for gaming? How does it hold up against Intels more expensive CPU's in that same generation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is the intel i5-9700K good for gaming? How does it hold up against Intels more expensive CPU's in that same generation?

Unless you're really into overclocking + aftermarket cooling solutions, save $100 and get a Ryzen 2700x on an AMD board for a better value at that level.