Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Any game where yelling or singing gets npc's to join along is instantly improved by it.

I love how EDF has its style down to a fine art now, where people say the stupidest stuff with a straight face, or how they call all the insects monsters despite clearly being really big bugs, It feels like a lot of effort went into perfecting it.

Also the guns are stupid as heck and i love that too. I got a gun that is this perfect balance of useful and liable to kill me, it shoots up to 30 lasers every half second that arc away from the gun at a flat 90 angle from it in a random direction and zoom away to hit the target after a couple meters, but they also explode so unless i'm standing on a building it eventually shoots one into the ground and explodes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You gotta fire it straight up into the sky.
Put on a show before they get murdered.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I will never understand goonlove for the EDF series, I've never seen it anywhere else on the internet. 5 years ago I rented one of them on the 360 for my brother and I to play through for the weekend, and we made it maybe 10 levels and that poo poo was so boring and bland. In co-op, with weed! I got it based on the love the series always gets in these threads and left completely mystified, and I love co op mindless shooters.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Olaf The Stout posted:

I will never understand goonlove for the EDF series, I've never seen it anywhere else on the internet. 5 years ago I rented one of them on the 360 for my brother and I to play through for the weekend, and we made it maybe 10 levels and that poo poo was so boring and bland. In co-op, with weed! I got it based on the love the series always gets in these threads and left completely mystified, and I love co op mindless shooters.

if you already have brain problems it's a good game.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

It takes a bit of effort for it to improve, you have to get into the really stupid stuff, like rocket launchers that fire in 12/30 shot bursts, or the force blades that shoot anime shockwaves. The actual missions of edf usually vary from "boring" to "to loving long" to "the same enemy, but 8 times over" to "actually a good mission" (the fog mission in edf 5 was actually pretty fun). Also all the cool guns are locked behind higher difficulties a lot of the time and actually playing them requires you to grind for armor boxes for a stupid amount of time, or find the one level that lets you farm at a low risK (its 61/62, depending on the mode).

It's totally understandable to bounce off of it, and even though I love 4.1 I never got anywhere near beating the game even on normal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Olaf The Stout posted:

and I love co op mindless shooters.

Clearly you don't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

Unless you think that SA is literally the only group buying the game this is demonstrably untrue. It's actually a fairly popular series in its own niche way. If you don't like it you don't like it but "GOONSSSS" is a silly argument.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Playing Monster Hunter, after taking out one of the early large monsters I looked up and saw 3 smaller monsters(maybe the prey target of the bigger one) had been watching the fight from a nearby cliff.

I also like how if you're really struggling against one monster, you can lure another monster to it and make them fight.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1078085883226742786?s=19

Hitman 2 has so many little things :allears:

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Leal posted:

Clearly you don't.

I’m sorry I should have clarified.

I love Good mindless run and guns shooters. Sorry for the confusion.

ImpAtom posted:

Unless you think that SA is literally the only group buying the game this is demonstrably untrue. It's actually a fairly popular series in its own niche way. If you don't like it you don't like it but "GOONSSSS" is a silly argument.

If you reread all three sentences I posted on the subject, you’ll see my primary complaints are I found the game

Boring

And bland.

Hope that clears that up.

Olaf The Stout has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Dec 28, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

I’m sorry I should have clarified.

I love Good mindless run and guns shooters. Sorry for the confusion.

If you reread all three sentences I posted on the subject, you’ll see my primary complaints are I found the game

Boring

And bland.

Hope that clears that up.

So why open up with "Nowhere else on the internet likes these game" in a weird appeal to majority that doesn't even make sense and is easily proven false? Especially considering this is not the bitching thread.

To get back on topic:

My favorite little thing in Smash Bros is how for Pikachu they actually made several of its costumes female Pikachus. Something that is utterly meaningless and basically impossible to notice but is a nice little touch.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started playing the new God of War because my brother got it me for Christmas, and it's interesting so far, the combat is pretty satisfying due to the heavy attack being able to juggle the opponents. The fight against the big troll thing was kind of annoying though, it went on for too long. Even the Stranger fight, which was fun, had too many stages, by the end I was like "I get it, are we done yet?!"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ImpAtom posted:

My favorite little thing in Smash Bros is how for Pikachu they actually made several of its costumes female Pikachus. Something that is utterly meaningless and basically impossible to notice but is a nice little touch.

There are also a couple of 'blink and you miss it' references to specific Pokemon from the anime, too. Pichu has a spiky-eared costume which is a recurring movie character, and Greninja turns into Ash-Greninja for his Final Smash.

Both of them have been in the main Pokemon games as special event things before, but it's a first for Smash.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

ImpAtom posted:

To get back on topic:

What are you noticing? I haven't played recent Smash nor do I follow Pokémon. I didn't know they were gendered but I'm sure you can guess what I'm assuming you mean.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Female pikachu have a heart-shaped tip to their tails.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Okay phew. I just remembered the pause zooms in bit from the N64 original.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

jojoinnit posted:

You were worried they rendered Pikachu's vagina?

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

jojoinnit posted:

Gotta get that upskirt of Pikachu

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

That's part of a challenge, actually. Give him 5 coins and he'll walk off which lets you take him out and take his clothes without being spotted.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

I wasn't before I saw a post praising how you can only subtly tell that Pikachu is sometimes female.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Maybe they do what the actual games do and add a little Venus symbol by their name on the health meter? Either way everyone knows that Pokemon all lay eggs. Clearly they all have cloacae :v:.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

BioEnchanted posted:

Maybe they do what the actual games do and add a little Venus symbol by their name on the health meter? Either way everyone knows that Pokemon all lay eggs. Clearly they all have cloacae :v:.

Platypus, bro.

<:mad:>

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BioEnchanted posted:

Nidoqueen has tatas

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope they weren't, because it was

https://twitter.com/pokmon_facts/status/1075228754480369664

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

BioEnchanted posted:

I've started playing the new God of War because my brother got it me for Christmas, and it's interesting so far, the combat is pretty satisfying due to the heavy attack being able to juggle the opponents. The fight against the big troll thing was kind of annoying though, it went on for too long. Even the Stranger fight, which was fun, had too many stages, by the end I was like "I get it, are we done yet?!"

God of War is amazing! But I do agree with you. When I played it I remember thinking that for about the first hour and a half I'd be doing something cool, then get sucked into a cutscene or multi-stage battle.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

They're really burying the lede on that heart shaped butthole window.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

They're really burying the lede on that heart shaped butthole window.

it's a tail window

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

My favourite little thing in games is Pikachu's vagina

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On a less creepy note, I kind of like the chest puzzles in God of War. They're simple, but kind of neat and are getting a bit more complex, or having variations. Also I like the dwarf brothers, and Jormungandr was awesome. Reminded me of Leviathan from FF15 but less pissy. Although the upgrades don't feel that powerful, especially with how stingy they are with the axe material (I'm at the foothills and have only found one of those, the one the brother gave me to demo the shop) although I'm assuming I haven't been exploring hard enough as I've just been pushing through the game. The witch is also pretty cool.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Axe materials are plot gated so you won't have it finished until near the end of the game anyway.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Olaf The Stout posted:

It sounds like you played the western-developed spin-off entry, which wasn't abjectly terrible but was definitely blander than the mainline games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus Christ I was talking about the shape of the tail. What the gently caress people.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kanfy posted:

That's part of a challenge, actually. Give him 5 coins and he'll walk off which lets you take him out and take his clothes without being spotted.

:eyepop: holy poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BioEnchanted posted:

On a less creepy note, I kind of like the chest puzzles in God of War. They're simple, but kind of neat and are getting a bit more complex, or having variations. Also I like the dwarf brothers, and Jormungandr was awesome. Reminded me of Leviathan from FF15 but less pissy. Although the upgrades don't feel that powerful, especially with how stingy they are with the axe material (I'm at the foothills and have only found one of those, the one the brother gave me to demo the shop) although I'm assuming I haven't been exploring hard enough as I've just been pushing through the game. The witch is also pretty cool.

The environmental puzzles are I think one of the more understated cool things about God of War. Some of them really get you to think about all the possible interactions between objects and the physics of Kratos' axe. Wasn't expecting to use my brain in a God of War game!

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass: You can shake nearly anyone you can talk to.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
This also works in real life, but you probably shouldn't

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mamkute posted:

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass: You can shake nearly anyone you can talk to.

shake shake

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I got kind of tired of God of War so started playing Rime instead. I'm loving Rime's exploration, and the puzzles are really well put together and adorable. Just got to the windmill area. The collectibles are also really cute, and I'm hoping to find more of the toys/outfits/emblems. Don't know what the Keyholes are though, I was fairly thorough unless they only come in later.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

shake shake

I had contemplated making literally this post, but didn't follow through for some reason. Thank you for taking the initiative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BioEnchanted posted:

I got kind of tired of God of War so started playing Rime instead. I'm loving Rime's exploration, and the puzzles are really well put together and adorable. Just got to the windmill area. The collectibles are also really cute, and I'm hoping to find more of the toys/outfits/emblems. Don't know what the Keyholes are though, I was fairly thorough unless they only come in later.

Oh man you are not ready for where this game goes.