Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

From now on I'm calling them PA-CASTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

More Patreon content -- https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1078483498112110599

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So is it just Eric reading from the Star Wars Encyclopedia?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jose Oquendo posted:

There are many dumber/smarter podcasts that are just reading Wikipedia to you (Sawbones, the Dollop, etc.)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GoutPatrol posted:

There are many dumber/smarter podcasts that are just reading Wikipedia to you (Sawbones, the Dollop, etc.)

I am not complaining at all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jose Oquendo posted:

Like he needs to be reading from anything to talk about the characters at length.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Hey Bee man! Is another reason for WHM mail bags being great.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Man you know these guys really give a bee man's amount of content for just $8. I love them.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Hey, these guys one time had 7000 episodes on their Patreon

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"This dude sucks. I hope he's dead."

Andrew's cold and blunt zingers are always the best. :allears:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I hope Holmes & Watson makes their worst of.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

clown shoes posted:

This is why the Oscars wait a few months into the new year before giving awards, you need to make allowances for something to come out of nowhere and blow you away

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
For some reason I can't get over how much Eric sounds like he's the only one with a beard when infact he's the only one without one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is why the Oscars wait a few months into the new year before giving awards, you need to make allowances for something to come out of nowhere and blow you away

The Oscars should have a 5-10 year rule. See what movies have even the slightest bit of staying power before handing out awards.

I'm looking at you, Shakespeare In Love and Crash.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1078724607753023488

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clown shoes posted:

It's really not that bad. Reviews seem to be making it out to be way worse than it actually is. I'm not saying it's a great movie because it's not, but I laughed more during it than I had expected to going into it.

Welcome to Marwen was way more of a joyless slog than Holmes & Watson.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Holmes & Watson did so poorly with test audiences that Sony tried to sell it off the Netflix. Netflix, the company that bought both Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox, passed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clown shoes posted:

Holmes & Watson did so poorly with test audiences that Sony tried to sell it off the Netflix. Netflix, the company that bought both Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox, passed.
Holmes & Watson is more entertaining than both Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox combined, no lie

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is the mailbag only on YouTube, or are they putting out as a podcast as well? I just want to know if I should watch it now or wait until it's a podcast for my drives.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

For some reason I can't get over how much Eric sounds like he's the only one with a beard when infact he's the only one without one.

For some reason, the only podcasters that look exactly the way you imagine them are the McElroys.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Cabin had a big beard during their last live video a month ago. But by the look of it I think it had to be taken to the vet to be put down.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holmes & Watson is more entertaining than both Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox combined, no lie

“Holmes & Watson is preferable to having your face scalded with hot diarrhea.”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fart City posted:

“Holmes & Watson is preferable to having your face scalded with hot diarrhea.”
lmao

I just don't get this buzz about it being the worst movie of 2018 or whatever. It was a dumb comedy that I had fun with. While I'm probably going to forget about it completely after a while, it certainly wasn't the giant pile of poo poo that some people are making it out to be. I've seen several movies in 2018 that were far worse than Holmes & Watson.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1078806269249683458

:eyepop:

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

This owns

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I can't decide whether Cabin Looks like a dwarf or a wizard after an angry familiar's haircut in that picture.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
:siren: clearly im biased :siren: , but Venom being worst of 2018 seems... a little harsh. It's not a bad movie. Tom Hardy is basically playing two roles, and he's having so much fun in it that it's kind of infectious. It had problems, but WORST? Must've been slim pickings.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Venom is a lot of fun but it is also super dumb. I’m sure at least one of the guys will be in the like/love category at the end of the episode. Should make for a good episode at least.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tom hardy getting head all over the place in that movie.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

I liked Venom, buts its prime material for the show.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Venom's voice is basically their Wishmaster voice.

Venom is good but dumb as a sack of rocks, it goes along at a good clip and Tom Hardy chews up the scenery like delicious bacon.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
HEY POPPY?

HOW COME VICE ISN'T IN THE WORST OF 2018?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

There were a ton of bad movies in 2018 that somehow slipped public consciousness. Like who remembers Happytime Murders? Or heck, even Robin Hood?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

GrandpaPants posted:

There were a ton of bad movies in 2018 that somehow slipped public consciousness. Like who remembers Happytime Murders? Or heck, even Robin Hood?

I don't think the guys enjoy watching a miserable movie more than anyone else. They generally lean toward the "so bad it's good" stuff over the "so bad it's bad".

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

That is a way better name than any I could have ever come up with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hope someone managed to save Eric.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Venom is by no means one of the worst movies of 2018 but it makes better episode fodder than most bad movies.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Firstborn posted:

HEY POPPY?

HOW COME VICE ISN'T IN THE WORST OF 2018?

POPPY????? ...Poppy?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I like how they said that they would retire the Stan Lee bit for a bit, but made no such claim for the Bushes.