Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Santa Summer House and Jack Frost were both funny, but I hope next year they find another bizzare rear end Christmas movie like Whizzo or Ice Cream Bunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Krull riff is now available.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

By popular demand posted:

The Crew Promised a Christmas experience to rival the dredded Ice Cream Bunny and they delivered, Christmas Circus is all that.

I first saw the Whizzo Rifftrax a couple of years ago, I think. At one point, some object was flung onto the set towards Whizzo's general direction, and Mike followed it up with something like "Resignations on the Whizzo set were rarely delivered verbally". At which point I had to pause the video, because I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Rewatching Rollergator, I don't find it as funny as other people here but it just struck me that Joe Estevez looks and acts more like a puppet than the titular Gator.

e:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 30, 2018

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rollergator isn't funny, it's a loving endurance test

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A member of the Detroit Lions got a concussion today, and a lion at a zoo escaped and killed an intern. I got them mixed up and thought "Yeah, a lion killing a football player sounds about right for a Rifftrax".

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 31, 2018

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Breadallelogram posted:

Rollergator isn't funny, it's a loving endurance test

I saw part of it on their Twitch channel, and a minute or two was enough, and I watched The Apple 1 and a half times!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

IM SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE GUITAR NOODELING

Anyway 'The Dark' is indeed about 80% darkness and 15% plot (last 5% reserved for ugly)

The only thing I can recommend from this day's watching is 'The Miami Connection'

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I end up fabulously wealthy I'm launching a vanity The Apple Revival on stage.

Rollergator is an abomination because its both a terrible film and its like I have an awful headache the entire time.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Barudak posted:

and its like I have an awful headache the entire time.

That's what that feeling is.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Goddamit stop with the sales! How am I supposed to keep any money for food!?!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Barudak posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I end up fabulously wealthy I'm launching a vanity The Apple Revival on stage.

Rollergator is an abomination because its both a terrible film and its like I have an awful headache the entire time.

To be fair, I actually enjoy the Apple's story and songs. It's just the campiness that gets in the way of them all. And I love that the bad guy was also the Russian commander in Red Dawn.

Rollergator has no excuse. Put your money into inventing a time machine so you can go back and ensure it was never made instead.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Jonah Ray is a charisma vacuum. The reboot suffers from people who are fanboys trying to emulate the thing they like.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Duckula posted:

Jonah Ray is a charisma vacuum. The reboot suffers from people who are fanboys trying to emulate the thing they like.

That is the most succinct way to explain the problem with the reboot. It's a shame too because the movie selection for both seasons is really good for the most part.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I guess Conor Lastowka's (writer/producer and voice of Disembodio) new novel could be pretty good.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Jose Oquendo posted:

That is the most succinct way to explain the problem with the reboot. It's a shame too because the movie selection for both seasons is really good for the most part.

It’s really sad to see the movies they are doing and know that Rifftrax would do so much better, but most likely won’t ever get the chance.

Anyone else notice that the new MST3K has two big problems when it comes to the jokes? I feel like they never give a joke time to breathe, and some movies seem like 75% of the jokes are just bad poop jokes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Deadguy2322 posted:

It’s really sad to see the movies they are doing and know that Rifftrax would do so much better, but most likely won’t ever get the chance.

Anyone else notice that the new MST3K has two big problems when it comes to the jokes? I feel like they never give a joke time to breathe, and some movies seem like 75% of the jokes are just bad poop jokes.

From what I understand it's from a difference in writing the jokes. In the original seasons, they had a writers room. Everyone was together collaborating.

The new show is not like that. They have funny people just emailing jokes and stuff and I guess they pick what gets put in. It seems to not be as tight. Also Elliot Kalan is the head writer and he's about as funny as cancer.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I share your feeling about the joke pacing but I don't remember a high volume of toilet humor.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Breadallelogram posted:

I share your feeling about the joke pacing but I don't remember a high volume of toilet humor.

The one with Lee Majors and the piranha is a classic example.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Well I guess Conor Lastowka's (writer/producer and voice of Disembodio) new novel could be pretty good.

It's not.

I got halfway through it and bailed. It's okay to be zany and wacky and such, but not every single loving sentence and scene.

Gone Whalin' was much better.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched some older shorts tonight. Bill losing it as the baby during “Drugs Are Like That” is still great.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watched some older shorts tonight. Bill losing it as the baby during “Drugs Are Like That” is still great.

What's a baby!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Totally forgot about the $10 credit from xmas, looks like the new Bridget & Mary Jo riff is free and I know what we're watching tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

One of my favorite riffs is from the Overcoming Fear short. "Dogs can do that? Now I'm terrified of dogs!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has Bridget's singing improved?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
So does Mike not like San Francisco or Sketchfest? Bill and Kevin are going to be there, and Bridget is going, so you know there isn't a family obligation keeping him away.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

After rewatching R.O.T.O.R THE FURNITURE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT
I tried to find more information on this awful mess of a movie and it turns out if was originally written as a spoof: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php?topic=119713.0;wap2

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Everything Counts posted:

So does Mike not like San Francisco or Sketchfest? Bill and Kevin are going to be there, and Bridget is going, so you know there isn't a family obligation keeping him away.

I noticed that Mike’s keeping a low profile these days. His Twitter’s been deactivated for a while.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh poo poo is he getting smarter!?! I couldn't survive if he realised how dumb it is to riff movies for internet idiots like me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think he just doesn't like appearing on other people's projects.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I was told (I think in in the rifftrax twitch chat) he gets bad migrane's traveling on planes?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Finally seeing the MST3K Reunion. Shake Hands with Danger might be the greatest short of all time.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's definitely up in the top 5.
Also great: Mr.B natural, Drugs are like that and the insane Xmas tree one bundled in the Xmas circus release.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does France really have an orange boobs tradition with its trees?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BDawg posted:

Finally seeing the MST3K Reunion. Shake Hands with Danger might be the greatest short of all time.

Shake Hands with Danger is great on so many levels

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
New Bridget & Mary Jo short. I love them, especially when they do these old 50s/60s homemaker films.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 9, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

I noticed that Mike’s keeping a low profile these days. His Twitter’s been deactivated for a while.

Mike is a Republican and Democrats won big in Minnesota

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

New Bridget & Mary Jo short. I love them, especially when they do these old 50s/60s homemaker films.

We just watched this one and it is great. Includes WAY more about what goes into manufacturing Tupperware than I thought was possible.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

Mike is a Republican and Democrats won big in Minnesota

He is a rethug and a christian

I just like to think of him as "one of the good ones"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011