Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Steven Orking

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Jack B Nimble posted:

Can I please get some name suggestions for an Ork that (one of my players reads the thread) Is basically an Ork tech priest. Huge, mechadendrites, digital voice. speaks in unemtiotinal pseudo code but it will all be tinged with his Orky anger/stupidity. I'd like the name to specifically allude to his digitally encrypted voice which, to those without access (the party, at first) will just be bursts of static/noise.

Uguz Dvork

Preechr fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 29, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Kwerty

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hyoolet Dakkard

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

buggy da cybork

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thank you all, most of these are going onto a list of rotating nick names I'll use as his underlings are either overheard or questioned. I'll just see what in particular my party responds to and stick with it. For what it's worth, my personal contribution is Mecha-Byte

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Obviously, Cap'n Crunch.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Anyone gotten any word from Amazon for Wrath & Glory pre-orders? I'm hearing tales of books being in the wild, but haven't heard anything from the big bad brown box people.

Also, cross-post from recruitment thread:

Game: The Hunt for Visgot's Horde - A Wrath & Glory Roll20 Adventure
System: Wrath & Glory
Format: Roll20 (plus probably Discord), 5:30pm PST every other Wednesday (first game January 9th)
Players: 6ish. Currently have 2 full submissions and 2 working on them, so 2ish more players sounds good
Description: Pulp adventure, helping a Mechanicus Tech Priest hunt for Relics and Knowledge.
Other Stuff of Note: Couple house rules included, nothing too major. Tier 2 party. More description in the link.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Can I please get some name suggestions for an Ork that (one of my players reads the thread) Is basically an Ork tech priest.

wat.

Please explain how this happened I would love to hear it. I am deeply hoping for some bonkers Blood Axe adventure seeds.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

susan posted:

Anyone gotten any word from Amazon for Wrath & Glory pre-orders? I'm hearing tales of books being in the wild, but haven't heard anything from the big bad brown box people.
Didn't get my pre-order via Amazon (ordered directly from Ulisses) but it's arrived and it's very shiny. Didn't get around to reading the PDF but have now read the core rules book and am very impressed, I consider it a major step up from the old Black Industries/FFG-era system for 40K purposes and will probably default to it for more or less anything I'd have used the older games for unless I fancy a particularly WFRPy low-power/low-competence/high-sneaking-and-scheming take on Dark Heresy.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Warthur posted:

Didn't get my pre-order via Amazon (ordered directly from Ulisses) but it's arrived and it's very shiny. Didn't get around to reading the PDF but have now read the core rules book and am very impressed, I consider it a major step up from the old Black Industries/FFG-era system for 40K purposes and will probably default to it for more or less anything I'd have used the older games for unless I fancy a particularly WFRPy low-power/low-competence/high-sneaking-and-scheming take on Dark Heresy.

Yeah, I did the preorder direct with them to pick the book up at gen con.

The card decks I got (items, psychic powers) would be nice playing tabletop, as well as the dice set, though you only get six. They should have given enough for a max dice pool at tier 5.

Haven't opened the map yet.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jack B Nimble posted:

Can I please get some name suggestions for an Ork that (one of my players reads the thread) Is basically an Ork tech priest. Huge, mechadendrites, digital voice. speaks in unemtiotinal pseudo code but it will all be tinged with his Orky anger/stupidity. I'd like the name to specifically allude to his digitally encrypted voice which, to those without access (the party, at first) will just be bursts of static/noise.
Oober Disrupta

Fai'lfast the 'ahgile

Blokchain the Block'ead

Preechr
May 19, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Blokchain the Block'ead

He’s ‘ere to talk to youz ‘bout Gorkcoin.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Bit Toof is a currency that exists only in the gestalt ork psychic field.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

moths posted:

Bit Toof is a currency that exists only in the gestalt ork psychic field.

Bit Toof is a new clan, but their value keeps rising as more Bit Toof Orks hodl together.

They are going to fork to another planet soon. Bit Toof can only go up!

Issaries fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 3, 2019

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Fishing for ideas: what sorts of horrifying powerhouses could be contained for millennia by a blackstone “jail” set to repel/dampen the Warp? My first idea for something that fits the first part of the bill would be a C’Tan shard, but they don’t give a poo poo about the Warp.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You could do a "ship in a bottle" scenario with a Malal-worshipping warlord's flagship.

It lets you bring in the Sons of Malice and radical inquisitors who want him freed to fight chaos, opposed by the local authorities and Eldar who think that's too dangerous.

And if you need more drama, bring in the chaos elements who grudge-locked him in there in the first place.

None of the major players would be forthcoming about what's going on, and there's plenty of reason for eveyone to distrust everyone else.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
You could go the route of a super powerful daemon prince that was locked away in there. Especially if done by a daemonic rival. Luring the daemon prince into the materium and then locking him/her/it away would be one way to get rid of competition in the warp. The dampening prevents them from re-entering the warp and their minions from finding them.

Hell, you could have multiple daemon princes held in there. Like this is the MO of a specific daemon prince to get rid of competition. Could make it super interesting and have them all bound to daemon hosts/ weapons.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Fishing for ideas: what sorts of horrifying powerhouses could be contained for millennia by a blackstone “jail” set to repel/dampen the Warp? My first idea for something that fits the first part of the bill would be a C’Tan shard, but they don’t give a poo poo about the Warp.

The reincarnation of the Emperor.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The spirit stone core of an infinity circuit that was stolen/salvaged/"rescued" from a long-dead craftworld.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
An Avatar of Khaine.

For something a bit more permanent, a warp rift.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only surviving intelligence from a planet where a psyker dominated every other thinking brain into its conglomerate hive mind.

It just sort of floats there and makes you aware of how disappointing you are.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of the Fallen, and he really wants to tell you some juicy stories.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Kaldor Draigo. When he gets bored with non-stop slaughter in the Realms of Chaos, he vacations there to recuperate.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsOptional posted:

an apocalyptically powerful human psyker from before the founding of the Imperium

e: wait no, an ork super-weirdboy from all the way back in the War in Heaven

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

an apocalyptically powerful human psyker from before the founding of the Imperium

Both. The containment was to keep their battle from wreaking any more havoc.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The user guide and manual to building and maintaining your blackstone fortress, in the hands of an artificially psychic robot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only renegade Shaman of old Earth.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Werix posted:

You could go the route of a super powerful daemon prince that was locked away in there. Especially if done by a daemonic rival. Luring the daemon prince into the materium and then locking him/her/it away would be one way to get rid of competition in the warp. The dampening prevents them from re-entering the warp and their minions from finding them.

Hell, you could have multiple daemon princes held in there. Like this is the MO of a specific daemon prince to get rid of competition. Could make it super interesting and have them all bound to daemon hosts/ weapons.

I really like this idea, since there's a ton of story hooks and possibilities. Maybe the Daemon is working with an Inquisitor who's all too happy to help lock up daemons in an "enemy of my enemy" situation. The players could potentially intercept a daemon weapon that's being shipped there, and try to hunt down the source. And the collected daemonic power at the fortress could be threatening to overwhelm the ability of the station to remain hidden from the warp, gradually corrupting parts of the station and creating the conditions for a daemon incursion that could wipe out the entire sector.

in short, I'm stealing this idea for the next game I run tia

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The 2nd and/or 11th Primarch(s)

head58
Apr 1, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Three Phantom Zone criminals.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Ohhhhh gently caress. A Primork. I think that’s the winner.

I mean, that or Zod.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Horned Rat. The other Chaos gods are not gonna be happy with you opening that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A partially functional - but dangerously unstable - dimensional auger they used back in the day when they were building the webway.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

A guy claiming to be Malcador the Sigilite.

Or a smaller Blackstone fortress. :v:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A daemon that tried competing with the big four and locked itself in there to stop them from destroying it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

moths posted:

Or a smaller Blackstone fortress. :v:

Which is protecting another blackstone fortress which is protecting another blackstone fortress

All to imprison the vile chaos god Troi'Shka

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The living head of Ferrus Manus and/or a daemonhost possessed by the loyal remnants of Fulgrim's soul.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

mllaneza posted:

The living head of Ferrus Manus and/or a daemonhost possessed by the loyal remnants of Fulgrim's soul.

Nah, Trazyn's got that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I really like this idea, since there's a ton of story hooks and possibilities. Maybe the Daemon is working with an Inquisitor who's all too happy to help lock up daemons in an "enemy of my enemy" situation. The players could potentially intercept a daemon weapon that's being shipped there, and try to hunt down the source. And the collected daemonic power at the fortress could be threatening to overwhelm the ability of the station to remain hidden from the warp, gradually corrupting parts of the station and creating the conditions for a daemon incursion that could wipe out the entire sector.

in short, I'm stealing this idea for the next game I run tia

Hey, you're welcome, glad I could help. One other option is to take a page from the game Inquisitor Martyr, which I'll spoil for anyone else who may play the game, in that game something is held in a super stasis field on an old ship. At the end of the campaign you find out it is a genetically engineered super Null, with the power to actually destroy a daemon, not just send back to the warp.