Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Dragonwagon posted:

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

A yellow submarine. Yellow submarine. Yellow submarine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
giorno being all cool and warm towards fugo after revealing his plan and then falling over and writhing on the ground because the virus is still devouring him internally is very funny

also i have no idea what that Special Episode is going or whatever the next episode title was. neat! i wonder if we'll get a new OP next week too, i kinda doubt it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

next week will be the beach episode and abbacchio's hand will still be severed and he'll be bleeding into the canals because they had no time to find a beach and are instead in the middle of venicevienna

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Kurtofan posted:

The snake brick was made from a brick that was exposed to purple hazes virus, meaning it was naturally resistant to the virus
Its so simple

When you get a virus, and you don't die, you get immunity to the virus.

The brick was exposed to the virus and didn't die.

I don't know what part of this is complicated :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean

That's just vaccines kinda?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't believe the lies of big Giorno. Bricks cause autism

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with the internal logic of the series it makes sense as a thing it would pull to solve the situation

it's just that the general 'wait, what' factor is pretty inherently high when you're involving a snakebrick slithering around that's carrying the cure for a deadly stand virus

rip snakebrick

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Expect My Mom posted:

i wonder if we'll get a new OP next week too, i kinda doubt it

It'll probably be Episode 15, like Chase.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

man, if he made snakebrick vaccines for the whole crew, that poison gas would become a huge asset.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dragonwagon posted:

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

A really vintage and ostentatious mobster car. Like the Hydra-mobile Red Skull has

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I like how he didn't have time to make the brick into a whole snake, so he just has this cute mutant snakebrick thing. I woulda just turned the brick into a dog; much faster, plus dude's body temp would be dropping fast losing that much blood; but this way, araki didn't have to draw a dog getting stabbed. Not to mention a snakebrick is much more distracting. "Wait, what the gently caress am I looking at? Did...Did that snake swallow a brick? Why would it dGGRRK"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jivjov posted:

A really vintage and ostentatious mobster car. Like the Hydra-mobile Red Skull has

Man, I forgot how wonderfully ridiculous that thing was.

'No, my dick didn't fall off when I took the super-soldier serum, why do you ask?'

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

man, if he made snakebrick vaccines for the whole crew, that poison gas would become a huge asset.

Abbacchio would probably rather cut off his other hand than let Giorno touch him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

with the internal logic of the series it makes sense as a thing it would pull to solve the situation

it's just that the general 'wait, what' factor is pretty inherently high when you're involving a snakebrick slithering around that's carrying the cure for a deadly stand virus

rip snakebrick

my "wait what" was "wait snakes can't inject vaccines that's stupid" like that was the sole logical flaw in this scenario

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it wasn't the snake biting him though, he ripped the blood out of it and stuck it in himself

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean

That's just vaccines kinda?

sorta but it ignores how a vaccine works

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

giorno is the top win by bullshit jojo and i loving love it more of this please

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JahRoo posted:

sorta but it ignores how a vaccine works

No, I remember the snake from when I got my flu shot. Jabbed my finger right in my chest.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Golden Experience is basically hamon in stand form.

Both in the "life energy" and "complete asspull bullshit" sense.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm hella big on the horn version of the beatdown theme when purple haze was choking illuso. Props to the tuba

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Golden Experience is basically hamon in stand form.

Both in the "life energy" and "complete asspull bullshit" sense.

I've been saying this for the longest.

It's even introduced with an attack on a frog!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
There are many Stands that allow you to pull things out of your rear end.

Enigma's user could have for example folded things into paper, inserted that paper into his anus, and then removed it when necessary. This would however be tactically inconvenient when one can just use pockets.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Something I didn't notice while reading the manga, there's an actual reason for the snakebrick. Man in the Mirror can selectively choose what living things to pull into the mirror world, but it reflects everything non-living by default, such as buildings and stones. The snake was still partially a brick so that Giorno and Fugo could actually see where it was moving.

Of course, there's no way Giorno actually knew that's how Man in the Mirror worked, so that means he came up with a wild guess as to how it could work, decided "well, that's better than nothing", and went all in with a stupid plan that could very easily have ended with him dying a horrible death. Abbacchio is right to call bullshit on Giorno's crazy plans.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Moody Blues beating the poo poo out of Illuso while making VCR noises and dial tones is so, so good. DavidPro's decision to incorporate its recording motif into the sound design is going to pay off dividends.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Astus posted:

Of course, there's no way Giorno actually knew that's how Man in the Mirror worked, so that means he came up with a wild guess as to how it could work, decided "well, that's better than nothing", and went all in with a stupid plan that could very easily have ended with him dying a horrible death. Abbacchio is right to call bullshit on Giorno's crazy plans.

Giorno is the Akagi of stand users.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dragonwagon posted:

Hmmm. We've seen some boats and a bunch of cars already...

I bet it's a helicopter and Giorno's going call upon all the powers of the Joestar line to crash it super hard. No. Better yet, what's the biggest thing Gold Experience can turn into a critter? Giorno's going into a helicopter, and for bullshit Stand Battle reasons, have to turn it into a giant egret.

e: in a joke twelve people get and only one (me) will find funny, this will be a giant Little Egret.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 29, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

IDONTPOST posted:

giorno is the top win by bullshit jojo and i loving love it more of this please

May I remind you of Part 2 Joseph Joestar.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

May I remind you of Part 2 Joseph Joestar.

Bricksnake vaccine though

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Give them both some rope and see who bullshits the hardest.

Also, as a non-sequitir, I believe it was mentioned by this point already, but Giorno (15) is Joseph's (80~) direct uncle.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

it wasn't the snake biting him though, he ripped the blood out of it and stuck it in himself

"snake" is not a mechanism to deliver a vaccine though

e: but again this is the one part that bugs me about a scenario involving a mirror world and a flesh-eating virus

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what happens if he turns the vaccine back into a brick, can he do that

wait i'm getting a message, "yes because shut up"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He actually turned the virus into jellyfish but thought the snake thing would look cool

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
See, most Stands work on a belief/bullshit scale, where if you can convincingly explain how your Stand can Do a Thing, it can probably Do the Thing. Giorno somehow gets this on a subconscious level that others don't, so as long as he never really explains what his Stand's limits are, they do not exist.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Bricksnake vaccine though

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Between Gold Experience's use of life energy and Crazy Diamond's healing power I'm beginning to wonder if the children of Hamon users end up with some sort of Ripple infusion in their Stand powers. While there were none left by the time of Part 4, it wouldn't surprise me if Josuke and Giorno would have been very good at fighting vampires.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like if Gold Experience ever punched a vampire, they'd either disintegrate on the spot or Life so hard they turn back into a living human.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/736775679849549824

This twitter feed has major spoilers by the way, so don't click it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

Between Gold Experience's use of life energy and Crazy Diamond's healing power I'm beginning to wonder if the children of Hamon users end up with some sort of Ripple infusion in their Stand powers. While there were none left by the time of Part 4, it wouldn't surprise me if Josuke and Giorno would have been very good at fighting vampires.

Josuke could just turn a vampire into a rock like he did with Angelo.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 29, 2018