Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Off the grid, just not the way you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it even has the burn mark from the grill.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm the 20+ car (?) batteries daisy chained together.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Kaethela posted:

I'm the 20+ car (?) batteries daisy chained together.
Fortunately, the solar panels shown in the photos are not connected to anything (#29) or placed upside-down in the cleft of a hill (#31), so it's not like the batteries actually have incoming power to worry about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Queen Combat posted:

Less dirt than carpet :psyduck:?!

They put a carpet on the slate.

e: And did surgery on a grape.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jerry Cotton posted:

They put a carpet on the slate.
Or else they get the hose again

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Brute Squad posted:

GiP finds a treasure.

That house is a CO deathtrap based on the soot lines everywhere. Those lines are where gas & fireplace soot are condensing on the colder edges of the framing and are an indicator of either a cracked heat exchanger, poor fireplace ventilation/improper configuration of gas fireplace logs , an excessive use of scented candles/plug-ins, or a combination of all of the above.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Brute Squad posted:

GiP finds a treasure.

How has this place not just burnt down by now. And are the occupants dead from CO poisoning?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Motronic posted:

How has this place not just burnt down by now. And are the occupants dead from CO poisoning?

Easy, the CO that ewasn't vented out of the place choked the fire and the occupants

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Just to make sure everyone knows why I posted the first picture - besides the electrical nightmare - those are wet cells that are being overcharged. This generates hydrogen. And it's obvious the batteries aren't vented properly.

If the liquid in the batteries is contaminated, say because some dumbass used tap/well water, they could also be generating chlorine gas.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Motronic posted:

I read that as Colorado poisoning and thought it funny.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Motronic posted:

:stare: that is amazing. For once the zestimate ($18k) is more accurate than the listing amount ($100k, then $85k.)

I feel like the CO is suppressing the ability of the H to explode by displacing all of the oxygen and occupants.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sometimes, things are off the grid for a reason.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My uncle's place has a pretty great carpeted shitter.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Javid posted:

Where the gently caress is that shitter? *Hell*?! That floor looks like a texture from a 90s shooter :cry:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Javid posted:

I tweeted this at @scarytoilets.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i'm the manky lid cover

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i'm the manky lid cover

You need something to scrape the chalfonts off with...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Javid posted:

Is... is that terrycloth wallpaper?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Goon friend and I once met his mom at a bar and restaurant in the middle of gently caress nowhere Montana where the bathroom not only had carpet, but it was also on the walls up to waist height.

You had to duck under a mounted elk head to get into it.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Brute Squad posted:

GiP finds a treasure.

"just a few items that need finishing"

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Javid posted:

The carpet was an even tone of red when it was put in.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Javid posted:

Please tell me the flocked wallpaper is straight from an Indian restaurant somewhere in c. 1980's Birmingham

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's an Italian (I think) colour movie from the 60s (I think) where a dude goes to a house party and one wall in the lounge is basically carpeted and I really a) want a wall like that and b) want to see the movie again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2bf76wn54

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 29, 2018

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Javid posted:

I bet I could hit that floor vent while sitting on the shitter.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

n0tqu1tesane posted:

"just a few items that need finishing"

To be fair, 'burning down' is just one thing

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jerry Cotton posted:

There's an Italian (I think) colour movie from the 60s (I think) where a dude goes to a house party and one wall in the lounge is basically carpeted and I really a) want a wall like that and b) want to see the movie again.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1968 movie The Party with Peter Sellers?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1968 movie The Party with Peter Sellers?

Yes. Also, the whole movie isn't about a guy going to a party, he just goes... places and one of them is a house party. Google is useless. "That movie with the girl who looks like Amy Adams" works just fine but not "That movie where a guy goes to a house party and there's a cool wall" does gently caress-all. (Turns out it was Amy Adams in that movie anyway which is correct because she totally looks like herself.)

e: Jesus gently caress I'd forgotten Van Wilder movies existed but now thanks to Google I remember them again :(

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So I heard you guys like leaning buildings,

Here is a whole city of them,

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/leaning-towers-of-santos

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"foundations a few metres deep" into clay and soil.

Should have pulled them all down immediately. "Yes, let the next generation worry about it when all the buildings fall over and kill countless people."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There is no enduring construction in capitalism.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Guys. I think grover moved to Ft Garland, CO.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/194161500_zpid/

Just look. It... It's incredible.
What is in picture 14?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

deoju posted:

What is in picture 14?

A properly wide, raised blood drain. Because the only thing that house looks good for is being one of those cartel/serial killer killhouses. Jesus gently caress.

I especially like the totally working high-quality solar panel in pic 29.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

H110Hawk posted:

I feel like the CO is suppressing the ability of the H to explode by displacing all of the oxygen and occupants.

I feel the need to point out that carbon monoxide is a very flammable gas; it's a primary combustible component in "wood gas."

It doesn't kill by displacing oxygen; it kills because it's better at grabbing hemoglobin than oxygen is, so even when there's plenty of oxygen in the room, the CO is bound super tight to your red blood cells and you suffocate anyway.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

On the one hand a sealed container of just CO and H wouldn't go boom because CO is not an oxidizer

Otoh yeah it's not gonna displace oxygen in a room and it may makes everything worse there

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I feel the need to point out that carbon monoxide is a very flammable gas; it's a primary combustible component in "wood gas."

It doesn't kill by displacing oxygen; it kills because it's better at grabbing hemoglobin than oxygen is, so even when there's plenty of oxygen in the room, the CO is bound super tight to your red blood cells and you suffocate anyway.

TIL. That's fun.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
It's a good thing that Colorado air is so thin, the lack of oxygen prevents the mixture of CO and H2 from being explosive! :downs:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

In a similar vein. when people talk about napalm or flamethrowers "sucking all the oxygen" out of a room/cave/bunker/whatever, what actually happens is that all that burning oil produces a shitload of carbon monoxide, and that kills more people than the direct flames do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

Also this is the thing behind the old-timey suicide by sticking your head into the oven. The wood gas and the "town gas" produced from coal both contain a lot of carbon monoxide. Gas wasn't always just a nice to have commodity when you have connection to a natural gas network, it was an important power distribution method before it was feasible to do everything with electricity.