Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

H2SO4 posted:

stop taking the bait holy poo poo

:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Has anyone said baitcoin yet?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

baitcoin lol

e: f,b

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

surprised we haven't seen a fork called master bitcoin

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

John_A_Tallon posted:

Food bank donations are for material (food) and infrastructure (building rent, utilities, and administrative/legal overhead that is required for any legally run charity) upkeep. Critically they are not collected on behalf of any individual person, but rather are given to the charity itself as a legal non-profit entity.

Brave bucks or whatever they're called now are cryptocurrency play money that are bought from a company trying to present itself as a direct payment gateway to individual creators with an existing business relationship with them. They are literally using the content creator's image and name to solicit funds from members of the public. Those funds are then effectively kept in an escrow for a time and eventually used by the for-profit company for operating capital if the business relationship is not legitimized by the content creator claiming the funds.
dude, no

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
using new 'batechain' technology our batecoins are mastered far more efficiently

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Mozi posted:

using new 'batechain' technology our batecoins are mastered far more efficiently

Wanna make a mutual fund out of them? :heysexy:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Dozens of fishing and crypto enthusiasts are shocked to discover their favourite alt coin has a very different meaning than they thought.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

Wanna make a mutual fund out of them? :heysexy:

a peer-to-peer circlebate would indeed deliver great yields

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do you think Patrick Bateman would be getting into Bitcoin?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Sure. Murdercoin.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do you think Patrick Bateman would be getting into Bitcoin?

Yes, because it's all in his head.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mozi posted:

a peer-to-peer circlebate would indeed deliver great yields

True believers already do this, but appear to have run out of juice.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Powershift posted:

surprised we haven't seen a fork called master bitcoin

there is a mastercoin, close enough

JosephPolaski
Jan 21, 2009
Master baitcoin

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

BigBadSteve posted:

True believers already do this, but appear to have run out of juice.

sounds like the batechain needs a good solid forking

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Came to the mall to see bumblebee and saw this.

It’s new because I was here a few months ago and didn’t see it. Also it runs like poo poo. I tried to navigate it and it was terrible... just like buttcoin

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ETA for rats on sinking boatcoin?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
my latest meisterwerk: be glad you didn't sign up for the Telegram ICO

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

divabot posted:

my latest meisterwerk: be glad you didn't sign up for the Telegram ICO

I went to your website and saw your face. Now I'm gently rubbing my penis while fantasizing about ejaculating on the top of your bald as an egg head, then smearing it all around followed by eating it back off. I liked your article also.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well that's settled then.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

divabot posted:

TON is conceived as a pile of shards, from the ground up

Lmao perfect wording here.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Big Data posted:

I went to your website and saw your face. Now I'm gently rubbing my penis while fantasizing about ejaculating on the top of your bald as an egg head, then smearing it all around followed by eating it back off. I liked your article also.
:ohno:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:gerard::gizz:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

:captainpop: Losing 6% of it's value in literally minutes?
Store of value!

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Came to the mall to see bumblebee and saw this.

It’s new because I was here a few months ago and didn’t see it. Also it runs like poo poo. I tried to navigate it and it was terrible... just like buttcoin

Buy Coins and Withdraw Cash are pretty obvious but I wonder what "Redeem" button does?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mammon Loves You posted:

Buy Coins and Withdraw Cash are pretty obvious but I wonder what "Redeem" button does?

Generates an error screen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mammon Loves You posted:

Accept Satoshi as your Lord and Saviour.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mammon Loves You posted:

I don’t know I didn’t have time to try it but the machine was such a slow piece of poo poo I imagine it just crashes and takes whatever you were trying to redeem.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I found MLR's alt account

School of How posted:

I'm only mining in the winter months for the sole purpose of generating heat. If I don't mine I'll have to get a space heater, but I don't really want to do that. I already hold a bunch of cryptocurrency, so you can't talk me out of it. Where I live it's 100+ F in the summer, but in the winter it gets down to 45 degrees F. I might even be able to set up some kind of temperature throttling that turns off the mining when the temperature in my room gets above a certain temp, and kicks back on when the temp falls below a certain level... In the summer I won't be mining at all.

dude mines bitcoins for heat because it's chilly in his house

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

orange juche posted:

dude mines bitcoins for heat because it's chilly in his house

Hey, there have been worse uses of the waste heat.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Everybody spots the strawberries....

but the gross thing is the blueberries

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

MarcusSA posted:

I don’t know I didn’t have time to try it but the machine was such a slow piece of poo poo I imagine it just crashes and takes whatever you were trying to redeem.

The mall probably doesn't meter the power point it uses - they are probably running a miner on it.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
That's actually an amazing idea, to use mall power to mine.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
UFC 232 is on, now. We were just informed that Litecoin is the official cryptocurrency of the UFC.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Who the hell paid the UFC to endorse Litecoin?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

whoops

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

norp posted:

The mall probably doesn't meter the power point it uses - they are probably running a miner on it.

Makes me wonder how much mining is done on basically stolen power. “Hey Dad, can I set up my “backup server” at your house? My apartment doesn’t have the room”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pebergehund posted:

Makes me wonder how much mining is done on basically stolen power. “Hey Dad, can I set up my “backup server” at your house? My apartment doesn’t have the room”

I would say that is the majority.