Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pattonesque posted:

it's too bad that the quarians never made it to Andromeda because Rannoch is a desert planet and Andromeda has TWO desert planets

(I will never stop being amazed that given a brand new galaxy where they coulda created some truly weird and cool biomes Bioware Montreal decided "let's do deserts")

The Quarians had literally no business being in Andromeda in the first place for a large number of reasons. At least not in a "populate an Ark" quantity anyway. If they get a minor illness just being around other species in the Milky Way from even minor exposure, setting foot anywhere in Andromeda's an instant death sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Why do goons think a different galaxy would have special diseases or biomes compared to this one. All this poo poo is developing on a planetary level, and there's nothing special about the planets in any particular galaxy.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
ME5 will be set 1000 years in the future, in a post-Collapse, neoFeudal space society, with the PC as an up-and-coming Man-At-Arms. You'll be on your way to town, picking up goods for your family, when you hear explosions! The SpacePrincess has been ambushed! At the right place at the right time: you save the SpacePrincess with your lasersword and are given a Knighthood. As you and the princess grow closer, she introduces you to galactic politics and her romance questline, revealing that most of the Space Kingdoms are fighting an extra-galactic threat. Fears of the Reaper's return abound the upper-echelons of society, before revealing in the final act that the invaders are humans from Andromeda, altered by Forerunner tech, who have come back to reclaim their home-galaxy from the Reapers...and anyone else who may stand in the way of YOO-MAN-A-TEE...

Will you, Bob Everyman, stay with the woman you love, or help humanity return to its rightful place at the top of the New Order? Preorders start May 2019.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drone Jett posted:

Why do goons think a different galaxy would have special diseases or biomes compared to this one. All this poo poo is developing on a planetary level, and there's nothing special about the planets in any particular galaxy.

A completely different evolutionary base and minimal support structure. The only reason poo poo isn't killing them instantly in the Milky Way is because most of the diseases there have achieved commonality across worlds. Most of what was gonna get spread across the galaxy was spread and immunized for millennia ago, so by-and-large there's not a lot of surprises to hit the Quarian immune system with. And even stuff from new arrivals like Earth comes along with medical data on how to treat and immunize against their viral contributions to the galaxy. Even after all that, they're all still taking serious precautions because there's stuff that's lethal to their compromised immune system. In the Andromeda galaxy, however, everything is new to them so their bodies basically have no autoimmune defenses at all to anything local. Which means they have the life expectancy of a snowball in a desert.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lol at thinking about stuff like that in a pulpy action scifi series

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I love how they lumped all the cool alien designs onto one ark and killed them all so they could just recycle the more humanoid designs.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
lol at typing out a 1000 word summary bout a video game spin off book epic self own

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

fridge corn posted:

lol at typing out a 1000 word summary bout a video game spin off book epic self own

I appreciated it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A completely different evolutionary base and minimal support structure. The only reason poo poo isn't killing them instantly in the Milky Way is because most of the diseases there have achieved commonality across worlds. Most of what was gonna get spread across the galaxy was spread and immunized for millennia ago, so by-and-large there's not a lot of surprises to hit the Quarian immune system with. And even stuff from new arrivals like Earth comes along with medical data on how to treat and immunize against their viral contributions to the galaxy. Even after all that, they're all still taking serious precautions because there's stuff that's lethal to their compromised immune system. In the Andromeda galaxy, however, everything is new to them so their bodies basically have no autoimmune defenses at all to anything local. Which means they have the life expectancy of a snowball in a desert.

If Obsidian or CDPR made it i would be there day 1

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A completely different evolutionary base and minimal support structure.

Ah, yes, the common evolutionary base between all the planets of the milky way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Drone Jett posted:

Ah, yes, the common evolutionary base between all the planets of the milky way.

Most of the sentient races being evolutionarily similar across the Milky Way is a major plot point established by Sovereign in Mass Effect 1. Which is why it makes no loving sense that the only two races you encounter in Andromeda are also bipedal humanoids of similar technological prowess.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Ainsley McTree posted:

I appreciated it

Same. I love this dead gay franchise.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

I appreciated it

I did too. Never wanted to read it, but I was curious what went down.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
dude took one for the team reading/posting that
:gooncamp:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

it's too bad that the quarians never made it to Andromeda because Rannoch is a desert planet and Andromeda has TWO desert planets

(I will never stop being amazed that given a brand new galaxy where they coulda created some truly weird and cool biomes Bioware Montreal decided "let's do deserts")

looks like Bioware finally got their just deserts

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
because they made TWO deserts

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Moola posted:

Moola posted:

I hate this

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't hate the player hate the game.

The garbage, janky, glitchy, nonsensical game that killed an awesome franchise.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:cool:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

We’re on the internet so you can’t say for sure if I laughed or not

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DarkHorse posted:

Don't hate the player hate the game.

The garbage, janky, glitchy, nonsensical game that killed an awesome franchise.

Yeah Mass Effect 3 was bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Puns are all about making someone else groan, sigh, roll their eyes or slightly exhale air out of they nose

It's the only way I can feel anything anymore

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Moola posted:

Moola posted:

ice cold, refreshing posting

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Most of the sentient races being evolutionarily similar across the Milky Way is a major plot point established by Sovereign in Mass Effect 1. Which is why it makes no loving sense that the only two races you encounter in Andromeda are also bipedal humanoids of similar technological prowess.

More relevantly; they've all been cross-contaminating each-other for a good ten thousand years for the most part. Even on the "new" side is generally around the two/three-thousand-year mark, aside from Humans of course.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

what

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i finaly got around to playing again and i just met Morda. jesus christ, her voice acting is loving terrible.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

don't

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i finaly got around to playing again and i just met Morda. jesus christ, her voice acting is loving terrible.

it loops around from bad, to good, and then back to bad again, right up to the border of good, but just short

it's real special

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

it loops around from bad, to good, and then back to bad again, right up to the border of good, but just short

it's real special

it sounds like women trying to do a stereotypical gay dudes voice. its weird. wasn't the voice acting strike happening then?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
At the conclusion of the krogan planet arc Morda ends up having the funniest cut scene in the game at least.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the best part about Mass Effect Andromeda is that if you mentioned a random NPC to me from Dragon Age Origins which I played like nine years ago I would probably remember who they were

meanwhile I stared at the name "Morda" uncomprehending until I wikied it, apparently she was pretty important!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The only character I remember is the mY fAcE iS TiReD lady

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Moola posted:

The only character I remember is the mY fAcE iS TiReD lady

Only thing I remember about her other than her tired face was she was written to have a habit of accidentally talking poetical but she was voiced so robotically and randomly spliced together that it never felt accidental

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
wow I hope Anthem is a good game so we might someday get another Mass Effect! Let's see how early reviews are

Polygon posted:

Here are the steps to equip new gear in Anthem:

I kill an enemy, and a purple diamond pops out of it. I fly over and touch the purple diamond. A pop-up on the screen confirms that I have found an Epic piece of gear. I complete the mission that I’m on.

And I get a load screen.

Upon completing the mission, I’m given a list of all of the loot I’ve found. Turns out there was a purple assault rifle in there. In order to equip that loot, I must travel into the Forge, where all gear is equipped.

Another load screen.

I equip my Epic assault rifle. I equip the other loot I’ve found. I am satisfied with my current loadout. I leave the Forge.

Load screen, again.

I start another mission to try out my new assault rifle.

Load screen.

I shoot a bandit. The assault rifle feels bad, and I want to switch back to what I was using. This will require four more load screens.
https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2019/2/20/18232256/anthem-review-pc-xbox-one-ps4-bioware

Ah. Nevertheless,

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is there any chance that any of that is wrong because Russ wrote it and is notoriously bad at shooters (he was the doom guy, right?)

Still, lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there any chance that any of that is wrong because Russ wrote it and is notoriously bad at shooters (he was the doom guy, right?)

Still, lol

He might be wrong about the assault rifle being bad, I don't know, but that is indeed how the inventory works

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The only mass Bioware will be effecting is its own funeral.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

wow I hope Anthem is a good game so we might someday get another Mass Effect! Let's see how early reviews are

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2019/2/20/18232256/anthem-review-pc-xbox-one-ps4-bioware

Ah. Nevertheless,

i think we will get the dragon age 4 and thats it. the last talented people left are working on it. at this point id rather mass effect stay dead.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Still, lol

the shooting/core game play is good, its just really shallow and janky to broken everywhere else.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the shooting/core game play is good, its just really shallow and janky to broken everywhere else.

Sounds like Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
But lets be honest. After Andromeda and now Anthem would any one want another Mass Effect game from EA?

I'd be more happy if the rights got sold off to a smaller company like Digital Extremes (creators of Warframe) that would honestly give it their all.