Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Does anyone have a recommendation for a teledildonic toy that would work well for anal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

jiffypop45 posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a teledildonic toy that would work well for anal?

So the problem with that is you want something with a flared base because if it gets lost up there, it's gonna be a bad time. That is gonna make it hard to keep in comfortably during the day.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

KillHour posted:

So the problem with that is you want something with a flared base because if it gets lost up there, it's gonna be a bad time. That is gonna make it hard to keep in comfortably during the day.

That's what I've been struggling with. I found one online

https://www.lovense.com/vibrating-butt-plug

but, 1.5" is a little on the larger side for me, I have a very tight bottom and started with a 1" pure njoy small and was able to work up to about that size but I'm sure at this point I'd have to retrain. So I was hoping for something a little smaller however, I might just have to train back if I'm interested in using it since I'm struggling to find another.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
Anybody know a good sex pillow that will fit in a drawer under the bed? A naive search of Amazon just showed me a bunch of triangles. Maybe that's what I'm looking for but I don't honestly know.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
So for some reason I don't feel orgasms anymore when I'm laying on my back. I feel a lot of pressure (not painful pressure, kind of hard to describe) when I orgasm. I feel pleasure when getting close, but than just the pressure. I'm thinking of going to see my doctor about this, but does anyone have any ideas or things I can look up in the meantime?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Lights posted:

I may well do an A/T thread on the business of kink communities.

Liquid Communism posted:

Please do, it sounds very interesting.

So it took me a while to get around to this, but I have indeed started a thread on this topic: Please don't poo poo this up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So I have been reading this thread a lot and I decided I was going to make my first toy purchase

So I went to my first sex toy shop this weekend (was really nervous at first) as they were having a sale and once I got inside my nervous feelings dissipated. Anyway, I picked up a few things including a c ring, oh my God, that thing really makes a huge difference in both sensitivity and orgasm length. My first use led to a 41 sec orgasm (I timed it) where usually it is like maybe 15 seconds.

Just want to thank all the awesome people in this thread :3:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How did you know they had a sale on? Was there a big sign saying EVERYTHING MUST COME?

CONDOMS REDUCED 50%? I'm not buying those, they won't fit.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jedit posted:

How did you know they had a sale on? Was there a big sign saying EVERYTHING MUST COME?

CONDOMS REDUCED 50%? I'm not buying those, they won't fit.

Their website said In Store Sale, but I like that sign better

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
"ALL LINGERIE HALF OFF!"

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
The girl I've been sleeping with has gotten 2 UTIs in the span of 4-5 months. I can't help feel somewhat responsible but I don't really know how UTIs work but like is my dick dirty and infecting my partner?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Probably not, although having a freshly washed dick is always polite. She should try peeing after sex to flush out whatever bacteria get all up in her urethra. Is she maybe wearing thongs or synthetic underwear she wouldn't wear normally? Also, you know that anything butt-related is the final act, right?

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.

Anne Whateley posted:

Probably not, although having a freshly washed dick is always polite. She should try peeing after sex to flush out whatever bacteria get all up in her urethra. Is she maybe wearing thongs or synthetic underwear she wouldn't wear normally? Also, you know that anything butt-related is the final act, right?

Yea we aren't doing any butt stuff, no sexy underwear or anything. I remember her telling me the after the first one that the doctor told her to pee after sex and she tries but sometimes it's not practical if she can't go or we just pass out after sex. It's just disconcerting as her partner that she is in pain and has to go to the doctor after we have sex. I've never has this issue with past partners so I'm just confused and concerned that I'm somehow the cause.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Peeing is her best shot, but some women have anatomy set up so they're prone to them. Has it been an issue with her for other partners? I have a friend who gets UTIs pretty often who has a sympathetic doctor who knows she can self-diagnose so he'll just call in a prescription whenever she needs.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

Casual Yogurt posted:

Yea we aren't doing any butt stuff, no sexy underwear or anything. I remember her telling me the after the first one that the doctor told her to pee after sex and she tries but sometimes it's not practical if she can't go or we just pass out after sex. It's just disconcerting as her partner that she is in pain and has to go to the doctor after we have sex. I've never has this issue with past partners so I'm just confused and concerned that I'm somehow the cause.

She could try drinking cranberry juice frequently. Some of the compounds in it, at least one of the chiral forms of the sugars in it, help to fight E. coli in the digestive tract/urethra and for some reason aren't destroyed by stomach acid and the digestive process. It's not just an old wive's tale.

It might also be caused by the kind of feminine hygiene product she uses? If she wears pads and leaves them too long that could affect it.

In general though it sounds like she might have a microbiota problem where her urethral track's biome does not have the bacteria necessary to fight UTIs efficiently. Her diet could also be feeding pathogenic agents. If she wasn't prone to UTIs before you guys started having sex it might be that your microbiome affected hers negatively, and then she became weaker to things like the E. coli strains that live in the uretha. Also the treatment with antibiotics probably isn't helping reestablish a positive microbiome. You might both try drinking cranberry juice. It would probably help both your microbiomes which would stop what might be a negative feedback loop.

GlassLotus fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 7, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm glad you specified drinking, because one time I recommended cranberry juice to my SiL...

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

My wife is crazy prone to UTIs.

She always take a couple of D-Mannose pills post-sex and it seems to have drastically cut down on the occurrence of UTIs for us.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-health-89443

Evidence is thin; but anecdotally it has helped us.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I need to find the source my partner was telling me about but peeing after sex apparently has no effect on UTI prevention.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GlassLotus posted:

She could try drinking cranberry juice frequently. Some of the compounds in it, at least one of the chiral forms of the sugars in it, help to fight E. coli in the digestive tract/urethra and for some reason aren't destroyed by stomach acid and the digestive process. It's not just an old wive's tale.

My wife got rid of a UTI by drinking cranberry juice.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I need to find the source my partner was telling me about but peeing after sex apparently has no effect on UTI prevention.
There def need to be bigger, broader studies, but the existing studies show it may have an effect
https://www.mdedge.com/jfponline/article/60079/womens-health/does-postcoital-voiding-prevent-urinary-tract-infections-young

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Anne Whateley posted:

There def need to be bigger, broader studies..

You mean like the ones the president participated in?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I used to get a lot of UTIs in college, but I have had 0 in the ~15 years since I stopped using the free condoms the health center gave out. I figure I was somehow sensitive to the brand or style. Are you using different condoms than shes used to?

Also, she needs to pee after sex. And wash your dick.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Drink and Fight posted:

Also, she needs to pee after sex. And wash your dick.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Definitely pee after sex. No tub baths. No weird products near the vagina/urethra. Wipe front to back. If you're using any contraception with a spermicide that can increase UTI risk as well. Some women are sensitive to certain lubricants which can be found in lube and condoms. If it really does look to be sex related and she continues to have UTIs chronically after sex, her MD might prescribe her an antibiotic pill to take once after sex as a preventative.

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

I don't know what the right term is exactly but does anyone have experience with automatic masturbation devices for men? Do they actually function well? I see several on Amazon, but I'm hesitant to spend so much on devices that don't seem to have the same track record that vibrators do for women.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Not an 'automatic' but my friend always enjoyed the Tenga Egg range if you want to change it up.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Shofixti posted:

I don't know what the right term is exactly but does anyone have experience with automatic masturbation devices for men? Do they actually function well? I see several on Amazon, but I'm hesitant to spend so much on devices that don't seem to have the same track record that vibrators do for women.

General opinion I've gotten is the automatic ones aren't great and are also kinda loud. Fleshlights and sleeves are v good, and are money well spent.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The new gardasil 9 isnt covered in the new age bracket yet for a lot of insurances :frowny face 9000:

Also: my girlfriend rules at sex and its great

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also: my girlfriend rules at sex and its great

Georgina Glass?

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The new gardasil 9 isn’t covered in the new age bracket yet for a lot of insurances :frowny face 9000:

Also: my girlfriend rules at sex and it’s great

My doctor got it covered by having me fill it at my pharmacy and putting that I'm involved in high risk sexual activity. 28F here. Not super fun getting stabbed in a pharmacy by a stranger in front of others compared to my doctor office but its better than not getting it or paying full price.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jiffypop45 posted:

My doctor got it covered by having me fill it at my pharmacy and putting that I'm involved in high risk sexual activity. 28F here. Not super fun getting stabbed in a pharmacy by a stranger in front of others compared to my doctor office but its better than not getting it or paying full price.

By "high risk sexual activity" it sounds like you mean "collecting your birth control". loving America.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

The wife and I are looking to add a third to the bedroom—specifically a girl. Some friends of ours had luck finding someone through mutual friends. We've tried the same and pretty much exhausted our own social circle, but we got nothing.

Any advice on where to go next? Bars? Websites?

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Fetlife, Tinder, hire a sex worker. Finding a unicorn is very hard and that's why they're called unicorns.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd go for an experienced sex worker

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Turkey Farts posted:

The wife and I are looking to add a third to the bedroom—specifically a girl. Some friends of ours had luck finding someone through mutual friends. We've tried the same and pretty much exhausted our own social circle, but we got nothing.

Any advice on where to go next? Bars? Websites?

I was a third for a couple for awhile. We met on reddit surprisingly enough. Try r4r, dirtyr4r, bdsmpersonals, and the local r4r equivalents.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
speaking from seeing this happen organically from fallout, a sex worker will probs not want emotional connections or try to cultivate a relationship. happened to see a unicorn be a cuckoo and push the wife out of the relationship but that's what they get for the dude wheeling in a co-worker

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think anybody posting about opening their relationship should have to submit a signed affidavit proving that they have read at least ten pages of the r/relationships thread

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

purple death ray posted:

I think anybody posting about opening their relationship should have to submit a signed affidavit proving that they have read at least ten pages of the r/relationships thread

Sadly that falls on the third to screen most of the time. I went out with a couple and part way in it was very obvious she was pushing him into it. We got along pretty well but I'm a typical millennial and if I'm not having sex on the second or third date I'm going to lose interest. So I wasn't interested in waiting out him to come around to the idea which may or may not have ever happened.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I would try a one-off with a sex worker to see if youre actually both into it first, because its just work for her and if one of you backs out, no hard feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
There's a lot of things to discuss and prepare for when opening a relationship and I'd suggest reading the following:

https://medium.com/@PolyamorySchool/the-most-skipped-step-when-opening-a-relationship-f1f67abbbd49

This is about polyamory but I feel the questions apply to any type of relationship:
http://www.polyamorousmisanthrope.com/2010/10/05/the-key-factor-to-polyamory-relationship-success/

This provides some quality resources, I highly recommend reading the Ethical Slut:

https://www.reddit.com/r/polyamory/wiki/faq#wiki_how_does_a_person_start_.28or_continue.29_a_poly_relationship.3F

If you don't take your time opening a relationship it's going to blow up in your face and ruin a good relationship. This also applies to even when doing it with a sex worker as you should discuss boundaries, insecurities, and any baggage you're carrying.