Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, has there been any further word on release dates for the final Shovel Knight campaign and/or the new Gunvolt game starring Copen yet?

Shovel knight is, I believe, April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
what happened to Card Witch?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's another overview trailer for Dragon MFD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB3nP2GFjUQ

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

jivjov posted:

Shovel knight is, I believe, April

April 9 to be specific.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's another overview trailer for Dragon MFD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB3nP2GFjUQ

When I watch those trailers I only think that they could have been my friends Massimo, Marino, Cinnamon, and I guess Nana?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got the mega man x legacy collection (x1–4). it lets you switch between the mega man and rockman versions of each game. are there any interesting differences?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

b_d posted:

I got the mega man x legacy collection (x1–4). it lets you switch between the mega man and rockman versions of each game. are there any interesting differences?

One of them has Icy Penguigo and BURNIN NOUMANDER.

(no, but if you get XLC2 X7 has completely different damage tables when you switch to Japanese that basically recreates the game )

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Oyster posted:

oh, hell yeah

quote:

(no, but if you get XLC2 X7 has completely different damage tables when you switch to Japanese that basically recreates the game )

I don’t think I’m getting that one.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oyster posted:

Just to clarify something, does switching over to the Japanese version in the Legacy Collections change everything to Japanese including the text and menus?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That kinda makes me more inclined to buy it. Did they ever patch the slowdown that people said plagued the snes games?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I dunno about "patched" but X2 doesn't have the slowdown from the SNES version, no (and neither did the PS2 collection, for that matter).

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm a big stupid dumb-dumb head and didn't realize at first that changing to the JP version of a game is a separate option from changing to Japanese language. I was initially confused when I played through an intro stage again in Japanese and the trophy didn't pop up.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Phantasium posted:

I dunno about "patched" but X2 doesn't have the slowdown from the SNES version, no (and neither did the PS2 collection, for that matter).

I mean that specifically this version had slowdown in the snes games that wasn’t present in previous versions of the collection or on other systems.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think that was only the switch version, maybe?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That would be news to me. I know about the input latency but they never seemed like they had new slowdown.

That might have been the Switch version only? I remember something being weird with it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah the Switch version sorry I forgot this was the general MM thread and not the Switch thread!!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Switch version of X1 had some slowdown in certain places. It was infrequent enough to not be gamebreaking but still noticeable. I played it recently and it hadn’t been patched.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got it on switch ... I’ve only played the intro stage of x4 so far though.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Schwarzwald posted:

There's also One Step From Eden, which is apparently quite near completion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKCpV4FrYY

Watch a ton of BN fans poo poo all over this awesome-looking game because they aren't incestuously familiar with every aspect of it.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
I must be crazy, I only noticed slowdown on my Switch version in the places I expected (That big jump at the end of Armadillo's stage.)

Didn't feel any noticeable input lag either.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does the physical version of MMX Legacy Collection 1+2 for Switch come with any extra goodies? Like how MM Legacy Collection came with a cleaning cloth. It’s not a huge deal I’m just wondering if I should buy it physical or digital.

Edit: they’re on sale right now on Switch for $15 each so I will probably end up going for that.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 24, 2018

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention Azure Striker Gunvolt on Steam matched its all-time low. It's not even $4 USD. Of course, the sequel isn't on PC and the standalone isn't on Switch (just the pack with the first one) which makes it somewhat of a pain if you ever want to pick that one up.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I played through (most of) MM10 for the second time ever and drat, those are some easy levels. I felt like MM9 had tough levels that were balanced out by the fact that all of the special weapons were insanely useful. But I did a buster-only Challenge this time and the only level I really hated was Strike Man’s because everything about it was terrible especially the drat mini-bosses. The toughest boss was Solar Man because of his ability to block your shots in a way that powers him up. Blade man was the easiest and I beat him without getting hit which didn’t get me an in-game achievement to my disappointment. I still need to do the Wily levels but I will probably use special weapons for those.

I bought X Legacy Collection 1+2 on sale for the Switch with some Eshop funds I got for Christmas. I’m excited to replay those for the millionth time :toot: does X3 give you the options to use the Saturn soundtrack like the old versions of Legacy Collection did? Just curious.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The old collection didn't give you the option of Saturn music, it was the only version available.

The new collection is just the SNES game (though you can switch between US/JP versions)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Phantasium posted:

The old collection didn't give you the option of Saturn music, it was the only version available.

The new collection is just the SNES game (though you can switch between US/JP versions)

Oh right, that was a questionable decision. I’m glad we got the superior snes version.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Work For The Next Mega Man Title Will Begin In 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please be an X or Zero game please be an X or Zero game please be an X or Zero game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

chumbler posted:

Please be an X or Zero game please be an X or Zero game please be an X or Zero game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it'll be a new Mega Man Soccer and you'll like it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chumbler posted:

Hell, I'd take a ZX 3 or Battle Network 7 for that matter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ZX3 would actually be the bestcase scenario

ZX is just the next refinement of MMX/MMZ gameplay. MMX gameplay and progression conceits with MMZ movement.
gimmie another one of those without MMZXA voice acting and I will buy whatever I need to play it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How about something original instead of trying to defibrillate dormant sub-series?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
are you gonna try to shittalk people who want classic straightforward platformer gameplay in a fuckin megaman thread, of all places

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How about something original instead of trying to defibrillate dormant sub-series?

What could they possibly do with Megaman that's original at this point? First-person shooter?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Xcom style hunter game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

IronicDongz posted:

are you gonna try to shittalk people who want classic straightforward platformer gameplay in a fuckin megaman thread, of all places

I'm poo poo-talking the notion that any of the dormant sub-series need to be resurrected, not because they're mechanically staid but simply because they had their run and it's okay for things to end. One of the great things about MM is there are a lot of sub-series that appeal to different people for different reasons and that's something I'd like to see return - even another sidescroller variant would be fine, just don't literally make X9 or whatever, come up with something new.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They don't "need" to be resurrected, I want them to be because I really like those games.

You can't dash in classic series Megaman games, you can in X/Z/ZX games, and I like dashing. sue me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Give me an actually good mobile Battle Network game with online play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Tunicate posted:

Xcom style hunter game.

... I actually wouldn't mind that? Especially if you could allot boss powers to your units that would take different forms based on who uses them.