Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

David confirmed worst father.

That was a decent ending and kind of a nasty trick for the last few bosses.

I have no idea what grade up meant. Is this like Aoko? Are we tiered up in Magery? How many tiers before we can steal a primary color?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I went 3-for-3 with having Quetz finish the bosses.

There is nothing more satisfying than watching a great golden goddess drop that bastard on his head from loving orbit three times over.

...Except maybe the ending.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
BTW, I'm guessing the Mage Association never gets to know that their entire system is built on lies, huh?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hypocrisy posted:

That was a decent ending and kind of a nasty trick for the last few bosses.

I have no idea what grade up meant. Is this like Aoko? Are we tiered up in Magery? How many tiers before we can steal a primary color?

Cause is the third lowest of seven ranks a mage can have in the Mage Association. These are separate from titles such as "Average One" or the titles given to the holders of True Magic

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Exia posted:

I’m going into New Years with 1,047 Quartz, I expect to come out of it with 0 Quartz and no Musashi

I wish you all the luck, sincerely. I hope it works out for me too :D

Tae posted:

Already did that

That's my plan. Good decision though :)

Dawgstar posted:

Oh no. You guys.

Musashi is adorable.

She's just so good. Can't wait to cry not rolling the last of my top 3.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 30, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
“One day Solomon decided to humble Benaiah Ben Yehoyada, his most trusted minister. He said to him, “Benaiah, there is a certain ring that I want you to bring to me. I wish to wear it for Sukkot which gives you six months to find it.”
“If it exists anywhere on earth, your majesty,” replied Benaiah,

“I will find it and bring it to you, but what makes the ring so special?” “It has magic powers,” answered the king. “If a happy man looks at it, he becomes sad, and if a sad man looks at it, he becomes happy.” Solomon knew that no such ring existed in the world, but he wished to give his minister a little taste of humility.

Spring passed and then summer, and still Benaiah had no idea where he could find the ring. On the night before Sukkot, he decided to take a walk in one of the poorest quarters of Jerusalem. He passed by a merchant who had begun to set out the day’s wares on a shabby carpet. “Have you by any chance heard of a magic ring that makes the happy wearer forget his joy and the broken-hearted wearer forget his sorrows?” asked Benaiah.

He watched the grandfather take a plain gold ring from his carpet and engrave something on it. When Benaiah read the words on the ring, his face broke out in a wide smile. That night the entire city welcomed in the holiday of Sukkot with great festivity.

“Well, my friend,” said Solomon, “have you found what I sent you after?” All the ministers laughed and Solomon himself smiled. To everyone’s surprise, Benaiah held up a small gold ring and declared, “Here it is, your majesty!” As soon as Solomon read the inscription, the smile vanished from his face. The jeweler had written three Hebrew letters on the gold band: gimel, zayin, yud, which began the words “Gam zeh ya’avor” — “This too shall pass.” At that moment Solomon realized that all his wisdom and fabulous wealth and tremendous power were but fleeting things, for one day he would be nothing but dust.”

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the_steve posted:

So, I just wanna clarify something.
After Mash dies, does that mean that the MC canonically finishes Goetia by themselves? I mean, literally every other Servant is outside keeping the Demon Pillars down, it's only you and Mash going into the Temple. Sure, there's mitigating circumstances like Solomon doing his thing, but still.

Yes, actually.

Despite the actual in-game fights, Goetia's on his last limbs thanks to Romani's sacrifice. We are canonically beating him to death with Mash's shield in a righteous fury. It is fantastic.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yes, actually.

Despite the actual in-game fights, Goetia's on his last limbs thanks to Romani's sacrifice. We are canonically beating him to death with Mash's shield in a righteous fury. It is fantastic.

:fsn::fsn::fsn:

Dammit Nasuverse protagonists are insane in all the right ways.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

BTW, I'm guessing the Mage Association never gets to know that their entire system is built on lies, huh?

Nah the entire point of magecraft is about lying to reality that you can make fireballs and reality believing you.

Edit: And then science discovers a new way to make fireballs and you have to think up a new lie.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 30, 2018

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gologle posted:

I mean, I'm not gonna be the one to tell 'em...

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Do we know who wrote Solomon, by the way? I take it Nasu did?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think Solomon was Nasu handling the "main" stuff with the relevant singularity writers handling the various Pillar bits?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

After Mash dies, does that mean that the MC canonically finishes Goetia by themselves? I mean, literally every other Servant is outside keeping the Demon Pillars down, it's only you and Mash going into the Temple. Sure, there's mitigating circumstances like Solomon doing his thing, but still.

Even if the same servants are elsewhere we can still summon copies of them to fight, like we normally do; they're just simplified versions that can only say their own name over and over. Similarly Da Vinci points out in the epilogue that even though most of the Servants have left Chaldea with the end of the Grand Order we can still keep summoning copies of them for combat; they're just not going to cook dinner for us any more.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

Even if the same servants are elsewhere we can still summon copies of them to fight, like we normally do; they're just simplified versions that can only say their own name over and over. Similarly Da Vinci points out in the epilogue that even though most of the Servants have left Chaldea with the end of the Grand Order we can still keep summoning copies of them for combat; they're just not going to cook dinner for us any more.

The impression I got is that ~your~ summons are still hanging about, as they're attached to you, but the others peaced out

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

The impression I got is that ~your~ summons are still hanging about, as they're attached to you, but the others peaced out

(Solomon epilogue spoilers) I think there are a few different ways to read that scene. Obviously some of them are going to stick around because they've literally nowhere else to go - Chloe, for example - and several more are canonically so attached to the protagonist that they wouldn't think of leaving; you're not getting rid of Kiyohime that easily. But beyond that you could read it as you keep your bond 10 servants, or all your summoned servants, or anything in between.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So anyone have any idea of who are the Demon Pillars who switched sides after the mind network was broken?

And I want them as Servants.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't wait for our first content of the new year

.....Moonfest rerun! :unsmigghh:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Motto posted:

I can't wait for our first content of the new year

.....Moonfest rerun! :unsmigghh:

It has Hearts in the shop and an Orion animation update. I'll take it!

...just as long as running the 5 AP node isn't the best way to get the event currency again.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Part 1 ending was great and I am glad that managed to not be spoilered on stuff going into it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

That was a surprising and awesome ending from the fall of the final pillar to the return to the title screen. Also, add me to the list of people the final boss never used evade on.

So 3 of the beasts are down, with 4 to go. With the first Hassan leaving his Grand Assassin class, and with Solomon no longer being able to be summoned at all, we currently have more Grand Servants than Beasts left. Hopefully will see the other 5 at some point

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

El Burbo posted:

Didn't realize there was a third final boss

Well, it meant I could make sure the actual last hit was with the OG, my first SSR

:grin:

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 30, 2018

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I went a step further

On this day, a hero was created, a new legend born.

---

the_steve posted:

It's uncertain what happened with the King of Demons form - my best guess is we used phantom servants as mentioned earlier to finish the job. I'm like 99% convinced that the King of Men version was 1v1'd by Guda(k)o though - his NP name and effect are just such a huge giveaway that it feels weird for anything else to be the case.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 30, 2018

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
of course after i'd given up and bitched in this thread about getting absolutely nothing from all of my quartz and tickets the very last roll i could possibly do on the banner, the ticket from andromalius, and pastel trash mage comes home

of course the fucker would only show up at the absolute last

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

atelier morgan posted:

of course after i'd given up and bitched in this thread about getting absolutely nothing from all of my quartz and tickets the very last roll i could possibly do on the banner, the ticket from andromalius, and pastel trash mage comes home

He did that for me too - I was listening to Queen and hit Show Must Go On, and he came in at the exact point Freddie Mercury sang 'I'll top the bill, I'll overkill...' which was something else alright. Like how much of a troll do you have to be to wait until THAT point to appear?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

atelier morgan posted:

Merlin gave me two super successes in a row when I was leveling him up....when I was burning bronze trash embers from the friend point summon

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
The Actual final boss form very nearly took a quartz for me to take out, I was down to ~2k hp Jalter and 4k hp Mephisto when I managed to get the last hit. I really need to read things a bit more, if I did I would have been able to nuke him much more easily when I realized he didn't keep the 'nearly immune to NPs&crits' buff forever. The very last battle was won by Kintoki kicking him in the face after he did his Null buffs skill followed by the super buff NP skill to wipe my team that should have been invincible (he had a full bar, thought he would NP first).

Also, spoilers, but this is canon the last thing the final boss ever sees (unfortunately no Gudako ver that I know of).

Not sure how people get him using invuln multiple times, it looks like he can probably only do it once before either you lose outright or he's in a position where you can insta-kill him.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So, uh.

Someone here who goes by 'Cedar' as their IGN. You've got a Medb, yeah?

I was just grabbing people's Riders while trying to clear the main fight with Goetia. The one where he instantly wipes your frontline?
I was working on using a slow grinder team when things went off the rails and I finally decided to just use my command seals for a revive to finish him off.

I wasn't really thinking it through and had her join in on the Noble Phantasm volley... Sooo your Medb kinda hosed one of the Evils of Humanity to death.

Sorry.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

i mean goetia was kinda hot. Who knew demonic pillars as biceps could become a good look.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crasical posted:

So, uh.

Someone here who goes by 'Cedar' as their IGN. You've got a Medb, yeah?

I was just grabbing people's Riders while trying to clear the main fight with Goetia. The one where he instantly wipes your frontline?
I was working on using a slow grinder team when things went off the rails and I finally decided to just use my command seals for a revive to finish him off.

I wasn't really thinking it through and had her join in on the Noble Phantasm volley... Sooo your Medb kinda hosed one of the Evils of Humanity to death.

Sorry.

Oh hey that's me.

Good for her. :stonkhat:

e: that's a surprisingly effective technique, since that's pretty much how I cleared that fight as well

a kitten fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 30, 2018

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

E: quote is not edit

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This Solomon spoiler goes out to my fellow Fire Emblem people

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I saved my tickets during the solomon singularity and rolled them all along with today's login ticket.

Nothing, of course.

Then I did a frustration 10 roll.

Figures you show up now after all the hard work is done.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I came into this having avoided pretty much all spoilers except for the final boss of the Solomon singularity being Goetia, and am very glad I did. While I think the raid/loot part of this singularity kinda brought down the epic feel, even if there were some funny parts, the ending more than made up for it. I was surprised that Roman was actually a humane reincarnation of Solomon, sure, but the reveal that Fou just happened to be Beast IV aka PRIMATE MURDER?!?!?!?! was just amazing in the best way and now I can't stop wanting to make a Monty Python rabbit joke even though I'm sure it's the first thing everybody else thought of as well.

Did another 10-pull as a victory lap celebration... sadly, Merlin continues to be a jerk and not show up. I'd been holding on to a lot of Caster embers for this banner, but looks like I'm going to be using them on somebody else pretty soon.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
On a JP note, what did people think of that recent interview with Nasu?

Namely that "the end of the lostbelts will leave you with a sense of loss" and "part 2 is as far as the story goes that he has planned"

Hypocrisy posted:

Hey, he knew and made a point of keeping quiet so he could enjoy his life.

He also at least cops to being a bad dad.

W.T. Fits posted:

Yep! Now stop and think about all those Fou cards you've used to make your Servants stronger all this time. You've literally been infusing your Heroic Spirits with the power of Primate Murder to strengthen them! :3:

his tails being fluffier in higher tier cards is a clue about that.

Billzasilver posted:

Count me as another person who didn't even know the boss had evade

I would love a yoko taro neir automata-esque rerun where we play the whole campaign again but we can understand fou this time

He'd mostly be talking about tits and how much merlin sucks.

BlazeEmblem posted:

That was a surprising and awesome ending from the fall of the final pillar to the return to the title screen. Also, add me to the list of people the final boss never used evade on.

So 3 of the beasts are down, with 4 to go. With the first Hassan leaving his Grand Assassin class, and with Solomon no longer being able to be summoned at all, we currently have more Grand Servants than Beasts left. Hopefully will see the other 5 at some point

Spoiler to Prototype/Fragments
Beast 3 and beast 6/666 are split into two.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 30, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
mmm, I'm gonna go back to grinding exp cause I dont want Romani to die

and it's definitely not because I'm waiting for a battle guide so I don't get wiped out by evasion spam or whatever.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

and it's definitely not because I'm waiting for a battle guide so I don't get wiped out by evasion spam or whatever.

Just borrow a herc, he can solo it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Live footage from Solomon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOCJeqoWVo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

You don't have any Invuln Pierce/Sure Hit CEs?

With One Strike, True Shot, Origin Bullet, Goldfish Scooping, etc.

If you put one of those, the battle against caster Solomon is really easy.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

On a JP note, what did people think of that recent interview with Nasu?

Namely that "the end of the lostbelts will leave you with a sense of loss" and "part 2 is as far as the story goes that he has planned"

It could mean a lot of things, which means, for now, it means nothing at all. There's really no need to get worked up about that comment, because Part 2 is still very far from being over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Friend Merlin can sandbag enough to kill that rear end in a top hat in the few turns he doesn't have evasion up. Maybe add Mash for the party Def up, I had Waver. Garden of Avalon is BS.