Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If you loan money to a friend or family member you should expect/demand interest, or at the very least aggressively pursue the money they owe you. Nothing makes me feel like more of a degenerate than a family member giving me money when I need it and being told to not worry about it. Like because of the government shutdown, I have roughly 35 dollars to last until the 10th at the earliest, and I made the mistake of mentioning this to my mom and now it's like an endless barrage of family asking how much money i need. I didn't earn any help, don't offer it to me, let me live on rice and beans for a couple weeks, i can handle it.

How did you get here, spend too much on loot boxes again?

*I was out watching Aqua Man and then drinking with my brother yesterday, and right now am hung over as gently caress. There is value to this kind of feeling, it reminds you that everything has a price. When I feel physically good I can remember today, and know that, that, is not guaranteed.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

doverhog posted:

How did you get here, spend too much on loot boxes again?

Obviously, yes. It all would have worked too had I not gone 3 and a half months without a paycheck while spending as if I had one.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Loot boxes are kind of like the lottery machines pensioners play... I only partake in noble forms of gambling, like betting that Jon Jones is gonna win by KO/TKO.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I know that is the common practice, but to me it's insulting. If I don't pay my own family/my closest friends back, who will I pay back?

Don't rely on other people to force you to live up to your own values bitch

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Doing crime is the best way to repay a loan.

Yeah I'll pay you back, dad, when I'm done paying my debt to society.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

starkebn posted:

Don't rely on other people to force you to live up to your own values bitch

this forever - it's actually a way of trying to force your values onto other people and it's creepy so stop that

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
pick up your own drat trash.

Bitch.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you loan money to a friend or family member you should expect/demand interest, or at the very least aggressively pursue the money they owe you. Nothing makes me feel like more of a degenerate than a family member giving me money when I need it and being told to not worry about it. Like because of the government shutdown, I have roughly 35 dollars to last until the 10th at the earliest, and I made the mistake of mentioning this to my mom and now it's like an endless barrage of family asking how much money i need. I didn't earn any help, don't offer it to me, let me live on rice and beans for a couple weeks, i can handle it.

This kind of prideful obsession with self-sufficiency is a sickness.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have a seldom-used little notebook where I write down what people owe me and what I owe other people. If they never pay me back, I don't mind too much (even though I have a sort of avaricious attitude to money), because having the record of it is enough for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gracefully and gratefully receiving help or charity is one of the most important skills for a human being to have.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

gracefully and gratefully receiving help or charity is one of the most important skills for a human being to have.

Normie sighted

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Great indebtedness does not make men grateful, but vengeful; and if a little charity is not forgotten, it turns into a gnawing worm.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Normie sighted

Turn your monitor on, neighbor.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gripweed posted:

This kind of prideful obsession with self-sufficiency is a sickness.

Literally the reason why a bunch of the not-rich olds in america die completely destitute, when they could be living halfway comfortably if they'd accept support.

I had my fingers crossed, no politics. :smuggo:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Literally the reason why a bunch of the not-rich olds in america die completely destitute, when they could be living halfway comfortably if they'd accept support.

I had my fingers crossed, no politics. :smuggo:

But also don’t touch my medicare or social security they aren’t ENTITLEMENTS i EARNED them

PHUO: Drax is the only good character in superheromoviedom

E: and Danai Gurira’s character

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Dec 31, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Writing Stabler out of SVU was the biggest mistake they ever made. He was what made the show. The watered down replacement caresi or whatever is just boring. The only good post-stabler episode was the gamergate one and that is solely because of the greatness of Ice T.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Writing Stabler out of SVU was the biggest mistake they ever made. He was what made the show. The watered down replacement caresi or whatever is just boring. The only good post-stabler episode was the gamergate one and that is solely because of the greatness of Ice T.

The incel one from this year was somewhat entertaining (also because of Ice T).

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

The incel one from this year was somewhat entertaining (also because of Ice T).

Was that the Elliot Rodgers one? I have no idea if I'm up to date or not, there are so many seasons.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Was that the Elliot Rodgers one? I have no idea if I'm up to date or not, there are so many seasons.

No, it's from this one from earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtvrlmbF-CY

It included a scene where they go into "the dark web" and find a site called "Incel Message Board" where users have names like "Hateful One" and "Phallus Power".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I will never not love that stupid show because of stuff like that. It's so drat corny, but I can't turn away.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If you like corny and badly written, you will LOVE the Jumanji remake!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

If you like corny and badly written, you will LOVE the Jumanji remake!

Believe me, I did.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I am glad someone did 'cause this is loving painful. Makes the first one look like a Criterion masterpiece.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

I am glad someone did 'cause this is loving painful. Makes the first one look like a Criterion masterpiece.

:wrong:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's got the rock in it, how can it be bad?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It should be standard for shower curtain rods to be securely bolted to the wall. The fact that rods which stay up due to friction is the standard is shameful. As a society we should've progressed past that decades ago.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just finished Jumanji 2018 like 15 minutes ago and it was terrible but it was the perfect movie to have on in the background while I was working on something else.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I just finished Jumanji 2018 like 15 minutes ago and it was terrible but it was the perfect movie to have on in the background while I was working on something else.

Literally what I'm using it for right now. :v:

Seconding and thirding that shower curtain rod thing. :cmon:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jumanji 2 was good except for Kevin Hart who ruins literally everything that he is in

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I feel like his character being a modern one-man minstrel show was more the writers' fault.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I didn't really dig Jumanji 2, but I can see why it's well loved

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's got the rock in it, how can it be bad?

Rock "the Dwayne" Johnson is a good actor who is almost exclusively in very bad movies.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
White people should be banned from going near an acoustic guitar for at least three generations

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We should go a year without any new movies, books, or TV shows. Let us catch up for once!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

MizPiz posted:

White people should be banned from going near an acoustic guitar for at least three generations

Guitars are bad. But on the other hand, I'd much rather listen to someone playing a guitar than a banjo or ukulele, so if I had to pick one instrument to ban then it wouldn't be the guitar.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Rock "the Dwayne" Johnson is a good actor who is almost exclusively in very bad movies.

I think I said this a long time ago, and Old Painless will probably get on me for it, but Calling The Rock a good actor is sort of a huge stretch. He's a fairly charming guy and I think he's just fine. I'll take him over a lot of celebrities, but he is literally the same character in everything he's in.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I think I said this a long time ago, and Old Painless will probably get on me for it, but Calling The Rock a good actor is sort of a huge stretch. He's a fairly charming guy and I think he's just fine. I'll take him over a lot of celebrities, but he is literally the same character in everything he's in.

I said good, not great. :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I think it depends on your definition of good actor. The rock is good at being a person in movies, as long as he's playing a character that suits his strengths. You give him a different character, like in Doom, and he's not good at all.

Some people think that being a good actor means you have to be able to do a bunch of different roles well. That dates back to the olden days of acting troupes where they had four people and every one of them had to be able to do every job in the theater and play every part. That definition of good actor is horribly outdated.

Dwayne Johnson is a good actor.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also, Jack Black is great. Tenacious D is great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

He is pretty one dimensional, but he does that one dimension pretty well. He's kind of like Jason Statham - most of what he puts out is pretty unremarkable and just "tough guy beats the bad guys up in a suit" over and over, but occasionally he'll put out amazing stuff like Crank. I'm not sure if The Rock has found his "Crank" yet, but I liked him best in Fast and Furious 5. He's very good at playing whatever you want to call that character.