Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Welp

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1079405712227201024?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
p5r.jp is live. The video has a Playstation logo at the start but the rest of the site doesn't show any specific platform logos.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No switch logo 😬😰

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It would be really stupid of them to waste all of the free advertising to an untapped potential customer base that is the Smash Inclusion, so i'll wait til the Q1 direct or march to concretely believe this isn't coming to switch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

I just played the first few hours of Color Splash. It looks pretty. I like the humor. I hate the combat system and the fact it's Gamepad only.

There's nothing more disheartening than that game sucking

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lol so it's nothing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It could just be likely that Persona 5 Remix or whatever is PS4 only and the regular base game is ported to the Switch as Persona 5 S.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Top 10 anime betrayals

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is pretty normal for Atlus stuff. Just wait until March.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Not putting P5 on the Switch at this point would be downright bizarre- it's not even like the Switch can't run it either, it's not the most graphically impressive game in the world.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is this some kind of remaster or director's cut or definitive edition or something? I still haven't played Persona 5, and if that's what this is, I'm just gonna wait for that

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

So is this some kind of remaster or director's cut or definitive edition or something? I still haven't played Persona 5, and if that's what this is, I'm just gonna wait for that

That's the expectation. They re-release their games with more content later on. Persona 3 had FES and Portable, Persona 4 had Golden, Catherine has Full Body coming up, and now whatever P5R is will most likely be the one for Persona 5.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crawfish posted:

It would be really stupid of them to waste all of the free advertising to an untapped potential customer base that is the Smash Inclusion, so i'll wait til the Q1 direct or march to concretely believe this isn't coming to switch.

Yes, just like Final Fantasy VII was ported onto the WiiU to capitalize on Cloud cameoing in Smash WiiU/3DS.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that I'd take any announcements with a grain of salt regarding a Switch version of P5.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dehry posted:

That's the expectation. They re-release their games with more content later on. Persona 3 had FES and Portable, Persona 4 had Golden, Catherine has Full Body coming up, and now whatever P5R is will most likely be the one for Persona 5.

Good to know. I was gonna get in on Persona 5 before Joker came out in Smash but if there's gonna be something like that I'll just hold off for now

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Plot twist: P5R will turn out to just be the next persona fighting game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes, just like Final Fantasy VII was ported onto the WiiU to capitalize on Cloud cameoing in Smash WiiU/3DS.

Not saying it isn't possible, just that I'd take any announcements with a grain of salt regarding a Switch version of P5.

I could believe that Sakurai just wanted Persona 5 (one of his new favorite games and an inspiration for Smash Ultimate) to be in his game and Atlus really doesn't have any plans for P5 Switch.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Persona Kart Racer

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't believe they're putting Morgana in Mario Kart

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Elvis_Maximus posted:

thats p5b

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

When's this direct happening? Does anyone know?

It's probably not. Nintendo usually does Directs in March, not January

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Also by the way they announced the finale for Persona 5 Animation to be yet another anime special that coincidentally happens to be airing in March so see you there!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hi thread am I being trolled I was told that Bowsette won some big twitter award and that can't be true right

Am I being pranked :psyduck:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I can't believe they're putting Morgana in Mario Kart

Kirby and Morganna double pack

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Bowsette is going to be in Persona 5 R on Switch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also, yes, other Persona games have all had rereleases. But it only looks like a pattern if you ignore context;

Persona 3 FES exists to fix some of P3's issues as a revised version because you cant patch PS2 games.

P3P fixes more issues, and it's also on a different platform.

Persona 4 Golden exists on a separate platform to the original, and just about existed specifically to sell Vitas.

Catherine has a remaster from the prior console generation, and why not add new content while they're at it? :shrug:

Dropping a revision of Persona 5 a year after launch when they can't keep it on store shelves as-is (as far as I can tell) doesn't seem that likely to me. It also raises questions about what happens to the original purchasers, like if the Remixed content can be patched in via a digital purchase.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is straight up "almost didn't get everyone is here, still only giving two songs and removing all of our own brand's mii costume" Square Enix you are talking about.

It's not the most fair situation comparison to make here.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Boosette was robbed imho

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bowsette is why tumblr went PG

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hi thread am I being trolled I was told that Bowsette won some big twitter award and that can't be true right

Am I being pranked :psyduck:

Kirby and Morganna double pack

She was the most searched for video game character on Porhub in 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also, yes, other Persona games have all had rereleases. But it only looks like a pattern if you ignore context;

Persona 3 FES exists to fix some of P3's issues as a revised version because you cant patch PS2 games.

Persona 4 Golden exists on a separate platform to the original, and just about existed specifically to sell Vitas.

Catherine has a remaster from the prior console generation, and why not add new content while they're at it? :shrug:

Dropping a revision of Persona 5 a year after launch when they can't keep it on store shelves as-is (as far as I can tell) doesn't seem that likely to me. It also raises questions about what happens to the original purchasers, like if the Remixed content can be patched in via a digital purchase.

It's been two years

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not sure how the examples of Persona 3 and Persona 4 being ported to a portable console about 3 years after their release are arguments against Persona 5 being ported to the Switch next year

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm guessing 'you'll just buy it again' is the answer to how any new content coming to a potential Persona 5 re-release will be handled.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What are my options for third-party charging? I bought a USB-C cable from a random store but it wouldn't charge my Switch when connected to a wall socket or to a power bank. Did I just get a faulty cable? Are there any serious risks with using third-party chargers?

On a related note, I assume third-party docks are still a no-go. Many reports of them bricking Switches.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

persona 5 iis definitely coming to the Switch because why the f*ck not?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Any cable should work for charging, does it work with anything else you have?

There's a dock on kickstarter right now that's half the price of the official dock, 1/10th the size, designed to break down even smaller to slip in your pocket when you're going to a friend's house and works with every current switch revision and firmware, but there's no guarantee that Nintendo won't push an update that breaks it later, bricks your switch and has every annoying little bootlicker in the thread posting "I told you so" so you should probably hold off for now.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

I also had to spend a moment evaluating my lifestyle choices when I cleaned out my garage a bit and moved some things to under-the-bed storage:

I forgot how much I used to spend at Gamestop way back when.

At least I know what my retirement plan is.

FWIW if you're serious about selling these, now's pretty much the best time to be doing it. NES, SNES, and N64 prices have more or less plateaued. GCN probably has some room to grow, but they're nearing the peak. Prices are only going to go downhill as the people who grew up with each of those systems have kids, get bored of collecting them, and then look to sell their own collections.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Someone asked earlier why not use the regular dock, and i just remembered why i need another dock: my current dock is plugged into my streaming stuff and it's annoying as hell having to go in and rewire every time. A small 3rd party dock that works will be a god send for me since I'm on the road almost every weekend

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vegetable posted:

What are my options for third-party charging? I bought a USB-C cable from a random store but it wouldn't charge my Switch when connected to a wall socket or to a power bank. Did I just get a faulty cable? Are there any serious risks with using third-party chargers?

On a related note, I assume third-party docks are still a no-go. Many reports of them bricking Switches.

I doubt it's the cable in your scenario. Most likely the wall socket or power bank isn't outputting enough juice. I bought some Belkin USB-C charger and it seems to work fine. I also have a couple of Apple USB-C chargers and cables that do the trick too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no need to dock when on the road

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gripweed posted:

It's probably not. Nintendo usually does Directs in March, not January

Hmm, then I wonder when they'll announce what January's games for NES will be. Not doubting you, I just assumed a direct before the middle of the month would announce them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the chargers that come with Pixel phones work just fine too, as an FYI