Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I only really listen to the Know It Alls and Exit Interviews. I just like Christian enough that I really was interested to hear him analyze his game, and I haven't been disappointed at all. I rarely check out that other stuff and on the rare times I do or when like Fishbauch was out for the last Know It All and replaced with Dom and Chrissy I just don't find them all that good or interesting. I'm sure there are some who are. I meant to check out the Sophia one from a few weeks back but never did. Just in general I don't have an appetite to wade through all those former Survivors to see who has good insight and presence.

Sorry, Dom. You're more fun with beer and potato guns.

Also I just looked her up and still have no idea who Jessica Lewis is. What the hell? She got saved by an idol, made the merge, was the first to find the Legacy Advantage, and went home on a rock draw? I have no idea who she is. Did I watch this season? Like I vaguely recall there being a woman who was associated with Ken who David saved. But I got nothing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
She kept referring to women as :females: on the podcast. I had words with her on Twitter where she was rude, spiteful and tried to cry PC run amok.

I see what Corinne Kaplan says about her now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OMG! Davie knew about Nick "finding" the fake idol because he was watching that scene from one of his spy shacks!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

She kept referring to women as :females: on the podcast. I had words with her on Twitter where she was rude, spiteful and tried to cry PC run amok.

All I remember from the FTC is that gabby knows Angelina is :females:, and this influences how you acquire rice.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Zesty posted:

Wait, what did Corinne say about her?

Also Angelina's Twitter makes me irrationally angry. It's probably all the people calling her Queen when she posts defensive things.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Same things, but she throws in “attention seeker” for her constant cleavage focused pics all over her social media. Don’t much care about that. She wants to objectify herself, whatever. She objectifies other women week to week, ugh.

And David Bloomberg is worth listening to. It’s really annoying to get her white noise with it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I only really listen to the Know It Alls and Exit Interviews.
Same. Sophie is the only good Know It Alls fill-in. I'll listen to a recap with an entertaining personality like Shane or Corinne.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Jessica was that girl in MvG who practically had a swollen eye like a few episodes in. That's the biggest thing I remember about her, I think.

Also she ripped into Ken at FTC for betraying David even though that was his only practical move after not making any moves all game.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
If I remember correctly, her issue with Ken was that because he waited so long to vote David out and had so little to do with anyone else, his only real selling point to a jury was loyalty and by voting David out, he shot even that in the foot.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ken was in a losing situation either way. If he'd stuck with David, he'd be lambasted for riding coattails (and nobody saw him as an equal partner like Stephen was to JT).

I like the dude, but Survivor gameplay was way over his head, and he basically played the game about over five years too late.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Ken came from an alternate reality where survivor never evolved past like, season 4.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm on Redemption Island, season 22. I'm liking it overall but I have one issue. Phillip has repeatedly brought up his prior employment as a special agent as a signal he is trustworthy. However, isn't that a fundamentally a kind of deceptive job? If someone told me they were a federal agent, that would mean they are not trustworthy, surely?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I’m glad you like it. Somebody should.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phillip Sheppard was/is a deluded, pathological lying, narcissist so you probably shouldn't waste too much energy trying to figure out his motivations or rationale.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm watching Gabon myself and uh wow, talk about a losing streak.

At least its kind of neat seeing Ken "The Ken Combo" Combo on here.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

Phillip Sheppard was/is a deluded, pathological lying, narcissist so you probably shouldn't waste too much energy trying to figure out his motivations or rationale.

Camaroan bringing back Phillip and Brandon should have been a clear sign that the season was gonna go south.

When Corrinne is the third most terrible person in the cast...

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

ApplesandOranges posted:

Camaroan bringing back Phillip and Brandon should have been a clear sign that the season was gonna go south.

When Corrinne is the third most terrible person in the cast...

I wonder when goon opinion on this season changed as I remember it being a lot more positive when it was airing and it's still in my top 10 mostly for the winner. I suppose it was a bit light on real power shifts but it didn't seem as strategically stagnant as One World/Redemption Island and I liked the cast more than those seasons. I don't particularly like Brandon or Phillip but they both added entertainment value to the season.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
It feels like they cast drama hogs like Phillip and Brandon when they really didn't need to in Caramoan. Caramoan was good and fun without them.

Not sure how Brandon made it through psych more than once, though. drat, that poor kid is messed up and I legitimately feel sorry for him.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn’t us shoot job like a postal inspector or something, so technically true?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Caramoan's pre-merge is genuinely dreadful, one of the worst I can think of, but post-merge has a lot of fun moments. Unfortunately, it also has Teethgate. :shrug:

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Spergatory posted:

Caramoan's pre-merge is genuinely dreadful, one of the worst I can think of, but post-merge has a lot of fun moments. Unfortunately, it also has Teethgate. :shrug:

Oh poo poo. I forgot about that. That was absolutely painful to watch...Dawn didn't remotely deserve that humiliation at FTC.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah, Caramoan had some genuinely decent mid merge players (Malcolm, Andrea, and despite Teethgate, Brenda), but the Favourites were almost all terrible and there were just too many unlikable Fans.

It also had one of the worst reunions.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zesty posted:

I’m glad you like it. Somebody should.

Well, to be fair I like Rob and Natalie. I've heard this season criticized as the hand-rob-a-million-dollars season, so I know he wins and it's kind of funny to see everyone fail to act against him. I'm loving this christian dude continually surviving on redemption island only to get sent immediately back and continue to just suffer in squalor. IDK why God won't give him the idea to build a rudimentary shelter or something for himself.

STAC Goat posted:

Phillip and Coach seem like they'd be great friends.

But this season has some other fun moments, though it does kind of make me wish Naonka wasn't a quitter and got tricked back into the game. Phillip and Naonka together would be something I'd like to see. I'm loving how the tribes merged but they basically are just warring tribes sharing a shelter. Fighting over rice and poo poo is hilarious, even when Phillip felt it was a race thing. It'd be easier to see his perspective on the matter if he hadn't spent the whole game being the crazy and annoying dude.

Looking forward to this controversial season y'all are discussing, I googled "brandon caramoa" just in case it was a dude I'd seen and forgot, but "19 year old born again christian" Russell relative sounds like an absolute shitbomb I'm excited to see explode. So many awful attributes for one player... should be entertaining?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Read when you’re finished but it was so frustrating to see everyone at the end do their best to give Rob the win. It’s like they were all playing for 2nd.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The sad fact is the jury was looking for any reason not to give Rob the win. If either of his two goats had attempted to defend their game they might have won.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Brandon and Entertaining are two words that don't mix

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

ApplesandOranges posted:

The sad fact is the jury was looking for any reason not to give Rob the win. If either of his two goats had attempted to defend their game they might have won.

I actually heard that If Ashley had won the F4 challenge she would've swept the jury.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
All this talk about Redemption Island is reminding me how lame the "Returning Players as Captains" concept is.

Philippines was ok since medivac'ed players getting a second chance makes for a nice story, plus Malcolm and Denise (and Jeff Kent's exit speech) saved the season.

Redemption Island and South Pacific though...yeesh.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I like the returnees coming in... but I’d be disappointed if any of them won because it absolutely isn’t fair to put returnees vs new people.

So... Wentworth for F4 boot again. :confuoot:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I think that must be the logic behind casting like 2-4 returnees rather than an entire tribe. Evens the playing field a bit.

Its still a an awkward dynamic though, and I'd much rather have all returnees or all newbies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can live with a couple of returnees. Assuming four returnees means 4 tribes to start then its in the newbies' hands if they want to vote out the vet. With all the "evolution" and lip service modern players have gotten and given themselves if they get outplayed by a completely vulnerable threat then I put that entirely on them. The Fans vs Favorites format seems a lot more unfair since it just gives an entire tribe with a massive advantage and path to the merge majority.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If anyone knows the tribe split or any other details about next season not in the preview, keep it to yourself until pre-season officially starts with the CBS cast info.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I was purely speculating on the four people we saw in the finale. I avoid Survivor spoilers entirely (and am doing my damndest to avoid that cesspool SurvivorSucks in general).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I know. I was just anticipating where the conversation might go.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Y'all were dead on with this tribal. I think the jury would have loved to vote for Natalie but she couldn't swing the right answers. Phillip should have said his whole thing was an act, but I guess he's a genuinely deluded weirdo so it was fun to watch him actively tell folks to not vote for him. David gets up to stan for Rob, David was an intense dude I hated, feels like he just wanted to poo poo on the jury a little bit. It always makes me sad when the rider doesn't get any votes, for that strategy to work they have to stick to that gun, right? Is it jus ta punishment for the rider never betraying when they have the chance?

edit: Hahaha David proposes on the reunion show but they never actually got married.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 31, 2018

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The important thing is Boston Rob will never play again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, 2 million+ between him and Amber, dude has several children and a lasting marriage from that show, they can retire as most survivorest of all couples on earth.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I can live with a couple of returnees. Assuming four returnees means 4 tribes to start then its in the newbies' hands if they want to vote out the vet. With all the "evolution" and lip service modern players have gotten and given themselves if they get outplayed by a completely vulnerable threat then I put that entirely on them. The Fans vs Favorites format seems a lot more unfair since it just gives an entire tribe with a massive advantage and path to the merge majority.

I'm assuming two tribes with one male and one female on each

There are definitely spoilers about the gimmick and season out there. A co-worker of mine told me how the extinction island gimmick works (he asked me if I wanted to know first) so be careful while looking for stuff. I generally just avoid everything that isn't from here or reddit (their mods are super strict about spoilers)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Even if it's a little weird, there is something genuinely romantic to me about how Rob and Amber got together. Like their first real experience as a couple was to starve together on an island for 39 days. They were filthy, they probably stank, and they still couldn't keep their hands off each other. There's just something kind of heartwarming about two people falling in love in extreme circumstances, when they are physically disgusting and emotionally compromised by a cutthroat game, and still being in love after it's all over. They saw each other at their worst, and still they both collectively said "yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Count me the gently caress in." It's nice. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol do you think they invited Lex to the wedding?