Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Let's do the heroic thing and try to avoid collateral damage.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Take the hit like the brick you are.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote takes it.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Twist and turn and avoid the building!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You’ll have to be fast – very fast – to veer away from the building. And there are other buildings all around you. You’ll have to avoid them too!

There’s only one direction to go. Tilting your body so it faces straight up, you pour on the speed.

Up, up you go. Faster. Faster. Now your body is a mere streak. You zoom past the building. Whoa. You’re really moving!

In fact, you’re moving so fast, you can’t slow down. The air is getting thin. The sky darkens until you’re in the blackness of outer space. There’s no air at all out here. But that’s all right. Super-Doer can hold his superbreath.

A second later, you notice something large and gray in your path. Oh, no! It’s the moon!

Your superskin and maximuscles might have survived a crash into a house. But the moon is a different story.

“Aaaaaaaah!” You scream.

Nobody hears you in outer space. The air simply gets sucked out of your lungs. You don’t even have the breath to yell, “Guest shot!” before you splat into the moon.

THE END

Great, of all the Superman knockoffs out there, we got the one who can't even survive a measly head-on collision with a celestial body.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 2/4

Bad Endings
Hunted down and devoured by a pair of cannibalistic children.
Yanked into a pool of black goo by a lizard-monster's tongue.
Absorbed by Milo's Glob transformation.
Transformed into King Jellyjam and forced to perform in Milo's show.
Eaten by Milo's King Jellyjam transformation after failing to kill him.
Ran into a dead end and got our head twisted off by Frankenstein.
Eaten by a hybrid monster while trying to save our rescuer.
Trapped in a world of insect people with no way home.
Drained to a husk by millions of tiny gray bugs.
Eaten in one bite by a snake woman.
Smeared into an inkblot along with Wally after he used the magic words too many times.
:siren:Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.:siren:

Achievements
Easy One, Doesn't Count: Got a goal ending on our first try for the second time.
Trial and Error... and Error... and Error...: Encountered a total of 200 bad endings.
Cold Storage: Escaped the monster maze by getting caught in a poorly-designed trap.

Our options posted:

• Jump to the Ballistic Bug comics.
  • Tank the collision with the building.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just loving hit it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Man of Steel route is the only correct option!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh no, a building. Surely we, a comic book character with super strength, could never endure the impact. :geno:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh no, a building. Surely we, a comic book character with super strength, could never endure the impact. :geno:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

since we will die on impact, i guess we should have never come here in the first place. the good endings must be in the bug comic instead.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Ker-WHAM! You hit the wall with a tremendous crash – and keep on going! At least your cape is off your head now.

Bang! Crash! You smash your way through other rooms in the building. But your superskin isn’t even scratched. Amazing!

You thump through one more wall before you come to a stop. Time for a little payback! You rocket out through the series of holes you already made in the walls.

Quick as a flash, you zoom back to the Wally-monster. POW! BOP! BIFF! You unleash your Power-Punch on Wally.

“Hey! Ow! No fair!” Wally whines. “It’s not my fault. I didn’t want to be a monster. Tex Loudsnore turned me into one!”

“Tex Loudsnore?” you repeat. Hmm. Not only is he the top villain in Super-Doer comics, he’s also a mad scientist.

Just the guy you need!

quote:

You eye the Wally-monster suspiciously. “Why didn’t you ask Tex Loudsnore to get us out of the Comic Books Universe?” you demand.

“I didn’t get a chance,” Wally replies, sulking. “The second I entered his lab, he got me with creature creator juice.”

Sounds likely. “Go and turn yourself in to the police,” you order. “I’ll deal with Tex Loudsnore!”

Leaping high into the sky, you head for Mount Skull. In the comic, Super-Doer never managed to find out where his archenemy’s hideout was. But, since you read the comics, you know exactly how to get there.

Minutes after leaving Bigg City, you spot a mountain shaped like a skull. You fly into the giant skull’s left eye. It’s a cave that leads deep into the mountain.

Twenty feet inside, your path is blocked by a steel door. With your Super-Doer powers, you know you can get through the steel door and talk with Tex Loudsnore.

The question is, which power should you use?

If you try your magma-vision again, go to PAGE 37.

If you test your strong breath, turn to PAGE 68.

Time to decide once again: which of these powers will get us through the door, and which will backfire horribly and get us killed?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Smeared into an inkblot along with Wally after he used the magic words too many times.
Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.

Achievements
Easy One, Doesn't Count: Got a goal ending on our first try for the second time.
Trial and Error... and Error... and Error...: Encountered a total of 200 bad endings.
Cold Storage: Escaped the monster maze by getting caught in a poorly-designed trap.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Magma-vision sounds promising!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Magma this poo poo up

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
The power of magma will prevail.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Good thinking! We successfully used our magma-vision to melt that metal bar before (albeit unintentionally), so there's no logical reason it shouldn't work here!

quote:

“I’ll stick with a power I’ve used already,” you decide.

You stare slightly cross-eyed at the big vault door, the way Super-Doer looks when he uses his magma-vision.

Nothing happens.

You try again. And again. You stare so hard, your head begins to pound. You’re getting angry. All you see is red.

But you smell something odd – scorching paper.

You remember the time you burned a hole through a comic book by focusing sunlight through a magnifying glass. The paper turned brown, then it burned.

Suddenly, you notice that the flat, brightly colored world around you is changing color. Everything is getting brown. The sharp, burning smell is growing stronger.

Finally it hits you. You’re in a comic book now! And somehow, your magma-vision has set the paper on fire!

You suck in breath to yell, “Guest shot.”

But when you inhale, the smoke sends you into a coughing fit. You can’t get the words out!

Flames crackle. Your body may be super, but it’s only as strong as the paper it’s printed on.

Is it getting hot in here, or is it you?

Actually, it’s

THE END.

...Like I said, no logical reason.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.
:siren:Accidentally set the comic book we're trapped in on fire with magma-vision.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Jump to the Ballistic Bug comics.
  • Blow the door down with super breath.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That makes no sense. :argh:

Super breath.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Super breath.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

How inconsistent!

Fine, we'll breathe the door over.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
drat, I was betting on the door reflecting our magma-vision onto us.

breath

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

breathe.

breathe in the air.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 4, 2019

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Super breath.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Alright, super breath it is! We seem to be a lovely knock-off of pre-Crisis Superman, and he could blow up galaxies by sneezing on them, so we should at least be able to break down a metal door!

quote:

You suck in as much air as you can. Then you let it out with a WHOOSH! as if you were blowing out the candles on the biggest birthday cake in the world.

The door flies off its hinges and lands with a crash in the long hallway beyond.

As you walk down the corridor, you find that Tex Loudsnore has other defenses. All sorts of weapons attack you.

But you’re Super-Doer! Deadly poison gas only makes you sneeze. And Tex Loudsnore’s disintegrator beam merely gives you a terrible itch!

“Wow!” you exclaim. “This is incredible!”

You could get used to being a comic book hero.

The hallway ends at another steel door. No problem. Winding up, you smack it with your Power-Punch!

quote:

The solid steel feels like Silly Putty under your fist! You keep pounding until you tear a hole through the door.

Then you use both hands to rip an opening large enough to walk through. You step into the mad scientist’s laboratory.

You recognize Tex Loudsnore easily from the comics. He’s tall, skinny, and he doesn’t have any hair. Instead, the top half of his head is made of a gleaming chrome dome. He’s Tex Loudsnore, the man with the pop-top head! Tex Loudsnore, villain and monster-maker!

“Super-Doer!” he snarls. “I don’t know how you found me. But my latest invention can handle even you!”

The mad scientist hefts a test tube in his hand. Then he throws it at you! Can you catch it?

To find out, hold a twelve-inch ruler straight up, with your thumb and forefinger on the bottom of the one-inch mark. Open your fingers to let the ruler drop. Then catch it again.

If you catch the ruler between the one-inch mark and the nine-inch mark, go to PAGE 114.

If you catch the ruler between the nine-inch mark and the twelve-inch mark, go to PAGE 105.

If you don't catch the ruler at all... try again!

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Accidentally set the comic book we're trapped in on fire with magma-vision.

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Page 114 is for people with reflexes!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I only just realized that Tex Loudsnore sounds a bit similar to Lex Luthor.

chitoryu12 posted:

Page 114 is for people with reflexes!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'm too slow, sadly.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You catch the test tube, but the top pops off. Poof! The world disappears in a puff of purple smoke. Your skin begins to crawl. Your bones ache.

Then the cloud disappears. No – it’s just down around your middle. The lab seems smaller.

No, wait. It’s you. You’re growing.

The purple cloud is farther down, and the roof of the cave is coming closer and closer to your head.

That’s ninety feet high! You think. That makes me –

Your thoughts get jumbled as your head bumps against the ceiling of the cave. You close your eyes, bracing yourself to get squashed against the roof. But it doesn’t happen.

You’ve stopped growing!

Looking down at yourself, you realize you’ve changed. Your skin is green and scaly. And you have a thick tail.

Gulping, you run your fingers over your face. Oh, no! Bulging eyes, scales, sharp teeth, tusks –

Tusks?

What kind of monster has Tex Loudsnore turned you into?

quote:

Tex Loudsnore cackles with glee. “How do you like my new batch of creature creator, Super-Doer? It even works on you!”

He grins up evilly at you. “I believe you’re my finest creation. You’re the biggest and scariest of them all.”

You take one angry, giant step toward Loudsnore.

The mad scientist yells, “Freeze, ugly!”

Your muscles suddenly lock up. You can’t move at all. In fact, you nearly fall on your horrible, tusked face!

Tex Loudsnore puts his hands in his pockets and beams up at you. “Best of all, my formula makes you my absolute slave. Now, you just stand there. Don’t move a muscle until I decide what to do with you.”

You try desperately to move – but you can’t!

quote:

Whistling, Tex Loudsnore putters around the lab. He walks past you as if you were a huge statue.

You can’t even move your mouth to say the magic words that would whisk you out of here.

Now he’s working on some sort of formula. Smoke wafts up to the ceiling of the cave – right past your giant nose. The smell is nasty. You twitch your nostrils to keep from sneezing.

Wait a minute! Tex Loudsnore told you not to move a muscle, but you moved! Maybe the formula doesn’t work as well as Tex thinks. Maybe this “absolute slave” thing is fading away!

You decide to test your theory. You try bending the little finger on your right hand. (Of course, now that “little finger” is four feet long!)

The finger finally bends. Next you work on your hands and feet. Finally, you turn your head.

The mad scientist is still working. He hasn’t noticed.

How are you going to use your freedom?

If you jump Tex Loudsnore, turn to PAGE 73.

If you keep still and spy on him, go to PAGE 62.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Spy on him!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Keep quiet and spy.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

the direct approach has served us well so far. time for more comic book violence!

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Jump the villain

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Spy on him.

Don't we need him alive? I'm afraid "jumping him" might mean our protagonist will literally jump on Loudsnore.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Pretending you’re still frozen, you watch Loudsnore work at his computer. The huge, complex machine even speaks!

“New data entered from manipulation of transuniversal phlogiston,” the computer reports.

Huh? Oh, well. Just because the computer can speak doesn’t mean you can understand it.

The mad scientist turns to you. “I’ve decided what to do with you,” he announces. “I’ve sent for another of my creatures. I’m going to send you both to destroy Bigg City!”

You can’t keep still any longer. This calls for action!

You wait until Loudsnore turns his back. Then you lean down and scoop him up. “In your dreams, Loudsnore,” you growl.

“You can’t do this!” Loudsnore sputters. “I control you!”

“Wrong,” you reply. “Right now, I control you!"

Whoa! This is pretty excellent!

“First,” you tell him, “I want you to change me back to Super-Doer.” You figure it would be a good idea to have superpowers while dealing with Tex. “And next –“

But your next demand is drowned out. Thunderous footfalls echo through the cavern!

quote:

The footsteps get louder. Louder.

And then one of Loudsnore’s horrible creations stomps in. It’s a dinosaurlike creature made of metal and plastic.

And it looks a lot like your friend Wally.

Loudsnore points at you. “Destroy this monster!” he orders the new creature. “But don’t hurt me.”

“Don’t listen to him, Wally!” you shout. “He doesn’t really control you.”

“Huh?” Wally’s glowing eyes look confused. “Hey! I’m not doing what he said. I guess he doesn’t control me.”

You grin. “So, where were we?” you ask Loudsnore. “Oh, yes. You were giving me back my Super-Doer body – and de monsterfying my friend too.”

Holding Loudsnore by the collar of his lab coat, you dangle him from your giant hand.

“All right!” screams Loudsnore, clinging desperately to your fingers. “I’ll turn you both back!”

quote:

You set Tex Loudsnore down. He runs over to one of the lab tables. While he mixes chemicals, you keep an eagle eye on him.

Wally slides up to you. “Do you trust Loudsnore?” he whispers. “I mean, he’s a villain – a bad guy!”

“He’s also a mad scientist,” you point out. “You said that’s what we need to get home again.”

“You trust him if you want to,” Wally says. “I’m out of here.” He takes a deep breath, then hollers, “Guest shot!”

But instead of disappearing, Wally clutches at his throat and screams! He falls back against the wall.

Then his body begins to melt all over the rock!

Horrified, you step toward Wally. He frantically waves you away. His screams turn to bubbling moans.

“The blot!” he coughs out. “I tried to jump once too often. I’m turning into an inkblot!”

It’s too horrible. You squeeze your eyes shut.

When you open them again, all that’s left of Wally is an enormous stain running down the wall and onto the floor!

quote:

Tex Loudsnore stares from you to the blot that Wally has become. “There must have been something wrong with that batch of creature creator,” he declares. “I’d better run some tests on you. We don’t want anything to go wrong when I change it back.”

The mad scientist turns several weird instruments on you. He frowns. “My phenopticon is getting odd readings from you. My formula reacted very strangely with you.”

“So?” you demand.

Loudsnore licks his lips nervously. “Well, I can give you back your Super-Doer body. But to do the job, I’ll have to take your superpowers away!”

“Well –“ you start to say.

“Trust me. I know what I’m doing,” Loudsnore assures you. He starts mixing ingredients. In about a second and a half, he has another test tube in his hand, ready to throw.

Wait a second, you think.

How do you know what he’s got in there? How do you know he’s not going to turn you into something even worse this time?

If you trust Loudsnore, turn to PAGE 22.

If you don't trust Loudsnore, turn to PAGE 64.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
:siren:Blotted Out: Saw Wally push his luck one too many times.:siren:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that was actually mildly horrifying.

Seeing as Wally died for his disbelief, let's trust the supervillain.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Against all Goosebumps logic, I will say not to trust the obvious supervillain!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Place your trust in the oddly-named mad scientist.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Okay, I’m ready,” you declare.

Tex Loudsnore’s test tube crashes down. New puffs of smoke explode around you. You’re surrounded by a rainbow-colored cloud.

It feels as though a giant hand has landed on the top of your head. Down, down you go, pushed by this invisible hand. Your bones seem to grind together. Your muscles feel as if they’re snapping.

Every nerve in your body is screaming in pain!

I never should have trusted Tex Loudsnore! you think in horror. He just whipped up a potion to destroy me!

quote:

The colors fade away. Tex Loudsnore walks up and pinches you.

“Ouch!” you yell. That hurt! You wish you were home in bed. You wish you were out of this comic.

Of course, you could yell, “Guest shot!”

But you don’t want to risk turning into an inkblot. Besides, your only hope of escaping from the Comic Books Universe is to get help from a mad scientist. And here’s one, right now.

“Ah-hahahahaha!” Loudsnore gloats. “I’ve done it! You’ve lost your powers!”

“I didn’t want them,” you reply. “Look, I’m not who you think I am. I’m really a kid in trouble. I need your help...”

As you explain how you wound up here, Tex Loudsnore’s eyes narrow. “Incredible!” he exclaims. “Impossible!”

“That’s what I thought, until it happened,” you say.

“It sounds like an interdimensional hyperflux,” Loudsnore muses. “Very interesting. Let me see what I can do.”

quote:

For the first time since touching that comic rack, you feel a little hope. “Could you really get me back home?”

Loudsnore rubs his chin. “Well, I need to run some tests, to see if your atomic composition is different from ours. And then there’s the effect of the transuniversal phlogiston...”

You don’t understand a word the mad scientist is saying. But you’re eager to help. “Just tell me what to do,” you cry.

Loudsnore points to a big metal box. “Climb in there.”

In there? Maybe it’s your imagination, but the box looks like a big coffin. Is Loudsnore really trying to help you? Or is he trying to destroy you?

“Isn’t there some other way you could make these tests?” you ask nervously.

Loudsnore shrugs. “We could try the hazzafrazza device,” he says. He points to something that looks like a huge floodlight, dangling from the ceiling. “But I won’t get as good a reading.”

Do you want to get into the coffin? Turn to PAGE 130.

Do you want to try the hazzafrazza device? Go to PAGE 75.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
Blotted Out: Saw Wally push his luck one too many times.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's use the Hubba Bubba machine.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 8, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Let's hazza the frazza

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Let's hazard the frazzled

Adbot